Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2008 Ford Super Duty Unveiled (F-250, F-350 and now F-450!)

WOW, that thing is gigantic. What is the point, I mean does it really need to be that big?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    WOW, that thing is gigantic. What is the point, I mean does it really need to be that big?
    The point is, that with this truck, whoever buys it can look down on almost everything else on the road and therefore feel good about him/her self.

I like a nice big diesel truck, but this F-450 is overkill, kinda like Dodge's Mega Cab trucks. They just look plain stupid.

I will take the time to quickly remind alot of people that the F-Series is not designed for a family living in the suburbs. They are a heavy duty machine whose existence is practically thanks to the building industry. If I was a builder and I needed to haul a shit load, an F-450 would be VERY appealing. More Storage in the tray and the more it can tow means it makes the builder more efficient. Why use three F-250s when you could get away with two F-450s!

Once again, the volume buyer of F-Series trucks is the building industry. And cowboys

Remember, people actually need these. In the proper context, a huge truck is hardly ridiculous...
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    The point is, that with this truck, whoever buys it can look down on almost everything else on the road and therefore feel good about him/her self.

I like a nice big diesel truck, but this F-450 is overkill, kinda like Dodge's Mega Cab trucks. They just look plain stupid.
    Those dodges are so ugly.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    IMO the competition from Chev looks almost feminine...just look at the rear wheel arch/bulge...The almost old school style F series looks so much tougher.

damn that's ugly...but I don't get the point of buying such gigantic cars that "lugs BUT doesn't chug". I'd rather get a normal F-150

Depends what you want the truck to do. My dad used to own a 1990 Silverado duallie which was the perfect thing to tow a boat with and take 5-6 people fishing. He wouldnt have had it though without the company fuel card, and ended up selling it for a LandCruiser.
    I am the Stig

It IS about what it's capable of. The F-450 is capable of a hell of a lot, but people are criticizing it because it would look out of place in the city. Those judgements are quite pointless, IMO.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Well if you look on Ford's site, theyve got 650's a dump trucks.
    I am the Stig

i tried parking an F truck once. not only did i take up 1.5 spaces, i think i took out tasmania when i backed up.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Lesson? F-Series as a daily driver is not smart
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Its obscene.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    That new Ford's a little too boxy and blocky looking for me...but that's what I said about the outgoing SD's and I ended up thinking they were awesome looking, so time will tell.

The F-450 has been available for years, but it was a commercial vehicle and most states required it to be registered as such. That's why you don't see many in private hands. To get the F450 into the hands of the public, something had to give...
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Wow they keep getting bigger why not stick a pick-up box on a semi already

the new American trucks are just ugly.i like the f150 and the Ram the most from American trucks

Quote Originally Posted by mehrshadvr4
    the new American trucks are just ugly.i like the f150 and the Ram the most from American trucks

The new Silverado front end is much nicer then the last gen.

Thread Information