Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > General forums > Multimedia > Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Revo's Avatar
Revo Revo is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,709
Tallinn, Estonia
Hillman Avenger / Talbot Avenger / Chrysler Avenger

So many beautiful Zagato creations has been posted lately that in order to keep things real, I'll post one utterly meaningless car from late 1970s.

It was also sold under Chrysler badge in UK.

Keep it real!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1979 Talbot Avenger =01=.jpg (313.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 1979 Talbot Avenger =02=.jpg (355.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 1979 Talbot Avenger =03=.jpg (460.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 1979 Talbot Avenger =04=.jpg (398.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 1979 Talbot Avenger wagon =01=.jpg (318.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 1979 Talbot Avenger wagon =02=.jpg (306.1 KB, 17 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Vaigra's Avatar
Vaigra Vaigra is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,037
UK
Send a message via MSN to Vaigra
haha Hillman Avenger, the car my dad learnt to drive in!
__________________
Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-08-2006, 12:32 PM
smxi's Avatar
smxi smxi is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo

Keep it real!
Yes! Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-08-2006, 12:35 PM
smxi's Avatar
smxi smxi is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,972
Talbot Avenger #2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Talbot Avenger (1).jpg (410.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Talbot Avenger (2).jpg (474.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Talbot Avenger (3).jpg (510.4 KB, 12 views)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-08-2006, 12:49 PM
IWantAnAudiRS6's Avatar
IWantAnAudiRS6 IWantAnAudiRS6 is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8,072


Trust you two. Honestly. The purveyors of crap cars on here
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-08-2006, 01:31 PM
Revo's Avatar
Revo Revo is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,709
Tallinn, Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
Trust you two. Honestly. The purveyors of crap cars on here
Well, somebody has to do the dirty work

Cars like these do put things in perspective, don't they? Compare one of these with, let's say, Ferrari 599 GTB and tell me that latter is one big "poile o’ shoite"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-08-2006, 01:59 PM
IWantAnAudiRS6's Avatar
IWantAnAudiRS6 IWantAnAudiRS6 is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo
Well, somebody has to do the dirty work

Cars like these do put things in perspective, don't they? Compare one of these with, let's say, Ferrari 599 GTB and tell me that latter is one big "poile o shoite"
Exactly, and it also stops us from becoming desensitised to works of art!

And I don't like the 599 GTB if you'd have said the Aston Martin Vantage V600, however...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-08-2006, 02:25 PM
Matra et Alpine's Avatar
Matra et Alpine Matra et Alpine is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 27,781
nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6


Trust you two. Honestly. The purveyors of crap cars on here
The Tiger 1500 variant was an Escort-beater in it's day on the race and rally tracks !!!
__________________
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-08-2006, 02:26 PM
IWantAnAudiRS6's Avatar
IWantAnAudiRS6 IWantAnAudiRS6 is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
The Tiger 1500 variant was an Escort-beater in it's day on the race and rally tracks !!!
O RLY?!

Well, I thought the Escort RS2000 was one of the best of it's kind...?

And if that's the Sunbeam one, it doesn't count because.

P.S. They ain't posted the 1500 Tiger, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the Hyundai Accent rally car is a beast, whilst the road car is a pile of excrement.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Matra et Alpine's Avatar
Matra et Alpine Matra et Alpine is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 27,781
nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
yeah but that's comparing modern WRC rally cars !!!

It was different back then.
you couldn't build a car that had little to do with the base machine !!

Modern WRCs are a million miles away from the original ( not GroupN/A tho' !!)

In those days it was different - whcih is why companies MADE cars liek teh Tiger, the Mexico, RS1600, RS2000, Sunbeam Lotus etc etc . Because THEN they could rally it.

The Tigers had additional links on teh rear axle in addition to Panhard rod and that was about it -- legally anyway ( Andy Dawson used to illegally add strengthening tubes down the door pillars -- alledgedly )
__________________
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-08-2006, 02:54 PM
IWantAnAudiRS6's Avatar
IWantAnAudiRS6 IWantAnAudiRS6 is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
yeah but that's comparing modern WRC rally cars !!!

It was different back then.
you couldn't build a car that had little to do with the base machine !!

Modern WRCs are a million miles away from the original ( not GroupN/A tho' !!)

In those days it was different - whcih is why companies MADE cars liek teh Tiger, the Mexico, RS1600, RS2000, Sunbeam Lotus etc etc . Because THEN they could rally it.

The Tigers had additional links on teh rear axle in addition to Panhard rod and that was about it -- legally anyway ( Andy Dawson used to illegally add strengthening tubes down the door pillars -- alledgedly )
Homologation and all that shite.

I wish they'd make an Accent like that. Mitsubishi, Subaru & Ford complied nicely

But point proven, and I hope you can see where I'm coming from...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-26-2019, 04:57 AM
Man of Steel's Avatar
Man of Steel Man of Steel is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,646
The Netherlands
Dodge 1800 (1973-1977), another rebadged variant for the US. Maybe the thread title could receive an update, there are many variants.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1973-1977 Dodge 1800.jpg (673.2 KB, 2 views)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-27-2019, 06:20 AM
Duell's Avatar
Duell Duell is offline
Back to black
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,956
Delft
Send a message via ICQ to Duell
You are referring to the Hillman Avenger - Wikipedia
This is a difficult version. How should we call this thread?

Chrysler Avenger
Chysler Sunbeam (Europe)
Talbot Avenger
Sunbeam Avenger (Europe)
Dodge Avenger (South Africa)
Plymouth Cricket (U.S/Canada)
Dodge 1800 (Brazil)
Dodge Polara (Brazil and Colombia)
Dodge 1500 Pickup (Uruguay)
Dodge 1500 (Argentina and Colombia)
Volkswagen 1500 (Argentina)
Sunbeam 1300
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-27-2019, 11:58 AM
Man of Steel's Avatar
Man of Steel Man of Steel is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,646
The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duell View Post
You are referring to the Hillman Avenger - Wikipedia
This is a difficult version. How should we call this thread?

Chrysler Avenger
Chysler Sunbeam (Europe)
Talbot Avenger
Sunbeam Avenger (Europe)
Dodge Avenger (South Africa)
Plymouth Cricket (U.S/Canada)
Dodge 1800 (Brazil)
Dodge Polara (Brazil and Colombia)
Dodge 1500 Pickup (Uruguay)
Dodge 1500 (Argentina and Colombia)
Volkswagen 1500 (Argentina)
Sunbeam 1300
Yes, there are too many variants 😂 maybe keep the Chrysler/Talbot/Sunbeam Avengers in this thread an move the Dodge and other variants in separate?

Cheers!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chrysler Six B-70 1924-1925 Matt Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out 4 11-12-2014 04:25 PM
Chrysler Aspen 2006-2009 Matt Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out 21 10-24-2014 02:36 PM
Gran Turismo 5 Sauc3 Gaming 1020 05-19-2014 03:16 PM
FIAT near stake in Chrysler. Dino Scuderia General Automotive 106 01-31-2009 12:59 PM
Chrysler 300C Touring Concept Vaigra Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out 14 02-19-2006 11:31 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:01 AM.

 

1998 - 2019 Ultimatecarpage.com