Thread: Brabus Widestar (W164)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Brabus Widestar (W164)

BRABUS WIDESTAR (Based on the Mercedes ML 63) #1

BRABUS WIDESTAR Based on the Mercedes ML 63
    An Exclusive Wide-Track Version with 23-Inch Wheels
    and 550 hp / 405 kW

Sporty and dynamic, exclusive and powerful: These three attributes best describe the
    BRABUS WIDESTAR. The special model based on the Mercedes ML 63 celebrates its world
    debut at the Geneva Motor Show 2007. With the WIDESTAR BRABUS (Brabus-Allee, D-
    46240 Bottrop, phone + 49 / (0) 2041 / 777-0, fax + 49 / (0) 2041 / 777 111, Internet
    www.brabus.com ) presents not only a new and exciting wide-track version of the SUV but
    also the new Monoblock E 23-inch forged wheels and BRABUS B63 S performance tuning
    for the ML 63 with 550 hp / 404.8 kW.

The WIDESTAR concept, which is of course also available for all current M-Class models,
    combines dynamic looks with maximum functionality. The elegantly flowing lines of the
    fender flares front and back increase vehicle width by four centimeters. The extra
    centimeters benefit the car's appearance while the wider track improves handling: The multi-
    piece BRABUS Monoblock E wheels in size 11Jx23 were custom-tailored for the wide-track
    version of the M-Class. Their forged wheel center ensures an optimal symbiosis of light-
    weight design and maximum strength. The new light-alloy wheels are mounted with high-
    performance tires in size 315/25 R 23.

The BRABUS control module for the standard AIRMATIC air suspension lowers the ride
    height of the vehicle by some 30 millimeters, further contributing to more sporty road-
    handling characteristics.

The BRABUS WIDESTAR body conversion consists of add-on parts for the doors, and
    rocker panels that create a more homogenous transition between the fender flares. But that's
    not all: Complete front and rear fascias replace their production counterparts front and back.
    The front spoiler bumper with three striking air inlets and four integrated auxiliary headlights
    lends the M-Class more passing clout and minimizes lift on the front axle. In combination with
    the rear spoiler the rear fascia with integrated diffuser and cutouts for the four chrome
    tailpipes of the BRABUS stainless-steel sport exhaust system provides the perfect
    aerodynamic balance.

Its well balanced aerodynamic properties make the BRABUS WIDESTAR a perfectly suited
    to serve as the platform for a tuned version of the ML 63. The latter was developed by the
    BRABUS motor engineers in form of the B63 S performance kit. The production V8 engine
    delivers 510 hp / 375 kW. It is fitted with sport air filters and high-performance metal catalysts
    as well as newly programmed engine electronics with custom mapping for ignition and
    injection. Together these measures result in an increase in power output by 40 hp / 31 kW to
    550 hp / 404.8 kW. Simultaneously peak torque grows from 630 Nm to 650 Nm.

Vehicle performance benefits accordingly: The sprint from rest to 100 km/h is shortened to
    4.9 seconds. The engine tuning and installation of the BRABUS V/max unit increase the top
    speed from 250 km/h to 275 km/h.

To further optimize active safety the BRABUS WIDESTAR can be equipped with a high-
    performance brake system. It features 12-piston aluminum fixed calipers and vented and
    cross-drilled 380 x 36 millimeter discs on the front axle. Together with 355 x 28-mm brake
    discs and 6-piston fixed calipers in the rear it provides the impressive stopping power usually
    reserved for purebred sports cars.

Yet another BRABUS specialty for the Mercedes M-Class is the creation of exclusive interior
    options: Stainless-steel door sills with illuminated BRABUS logo, an ergonomically shaped
    sport steering wheel and leather-covered door trim pieces to upgrade the factory leather are
    all part of the program as are exclusive BRABUS fully leather interiors made from
    meticulously crafted combinations of the finest Mastik leather and Alcantara.

The production front seats are equipped with special rear consoles that reach all the way to
    the headrests. They house seven-inch 16:9 LCD screens with integrated DVD player. Also
    available is a version with an electric folding table made from precious wood.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ag84; 03-05-2007 at 02:29 PM.

sweet like the two tones but I'm not sure about the rims
    In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. -Tony Montana

I wonder who could like that thing...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Whats the point of the LED's on the bottom?

Factory rice anybody?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Whats the point of the LED's on the bottom?

Factory rice anybody?
    23" wheels and superthin tires. I would say rice but the engine is pretty rediculous. I just dont see who their are marketing this car to. People hardle associate power and performance with an SUV. Anyone know the cost of this?
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

is it just me or does it look like a Kia Sorento from the front?
    It's hideous, much uglier than stock

Thread Information