Thread: New forum for 3D modelling?

New forum for 3D modelling?

I dont know if it is needed, but the subject: Media is for pictures, music, and movies, etc.
    I posted a subject about 3D modelling in 3D Studio Max in it, but is it the right place to post a subject like these?

You must see it this way, its a subject apart from all. You need images, textures, models, etc.

There is a forum where stands: modelling, but if i need the front, back, top and side picture (technical drawing) for a kind of car, i cant find it here.
    And the modelling the are talking about is real life scale modelling. No pc needed.

And i think that the Media forum is intended for pics like wallpapers, movies of cool cars, etc not for technical drawings.

And 3D modelling shouldnt be in media because people need some expertise to make a model. Finished 3D modelling works can be media.

I dont know if i missed the right place where to post subjects like 3D modelling but if i didnt, isnt it a good idea to make a forum pure for modelling on the PC?
    Check out my unfinished site: WRobN.TK
    Are you good with Flash? Because i need some help.
    I'm am bad in programming.

To me 3d modelling is the electronic equivalent of the scale modelling we've done for years.

So I'd suggest putting3d stuff in the same place .... http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...splay.php?f=20

Maybe if there is lots of interst and activity a 3D sub-forum could be started.
    I'd take the aproach used in news for the last decade and let the amount of traffic determine if a sub-forum is needed.

My $0.02 worth
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The Multimedia forums are also a good place for the 3D-modelling examples, since they are basically graphics of cars.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I know that "real-life" scale moddeling is modeling too but with modeling on a pc everything is digitally. The technical drawings, bitmaps, etc.
    With normal modeling you dont need bitmaps and progs like 3D-max, you need glue, plastic, paint, etc.
    So there is a real difference between the both of them.

I think it can be confusing when you search something in a forum wich can contain both subjects.

I find it hard to find tachnical drawings of cars, thats why im post this on the forum http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ead.php?t=2569
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ead.php?t=2568

Because no one has posted a reply i thought that i maybe is to hard for people to find the right section for this kind of subjects, so i posted my idea.

You must known that the pictures im looking for could be posted in Media (its a picture), in modeling (its needed for modeling on a pc).
    So there is no specific section for it.

And that is my problem, i searched everywhere for a tech drawing of the Laraki Fulgura.
    It is basicaly a Lamborghini wich is alterd by Laraki Automobiles, so i could search for a Lambo and alter it myself to get the apropiate effect, but i wish i could find the Laraki itself.

But everywhere i look i find nothing.
    First because its hard to find these drawings and second there arent many forum sites wich have a good PC modeling section.

I understand the problem with a new forum, thats why im was hoping that more people find this post and get interested.
    But so as it seems im the onley one searching for it.

Quote Originally Posted by WRobN
    I know that "real-life" scale moddeling is modeling too but with modeling on a pc everything is digitally. The technical drawings, bitmaps, etc.
    With normal modeling you dont need bitmaps and progs like 3D-max, you need glue, plastic, paint, etc.
    So there is a real difference between the both of them.
    Sorry, in comparing them I was including scratch-modelling which encompasses all the needs to measure, scale and 'manufacture' that 3d modelling does - the shaping of an object in 3d s/w involved the same actions as in real life.
    It's because I've done both the similarities are clear.
    And even in 3d s/w modelling you'll pick up items from other 'models' - wheels, discs, engines, driveshafts etc etc, so even it's a bit like kit building

The difficulty you will have in getting good iso or 3d drawings of low-volume and concept cars is that the designers won't have released them ! A lot of the mainstream stuff comes because at some time a manufacturer puts an iso drawing into a brochure.

Well that's not going to happen for these exotics as that IMAGE is pretty much all they've got to sell a whole company on and if they make it too easy then the bespoke builders and kit builders and body-kit builders just make look-alikes and bang goes their market !!

Have you considered mailing the companies and asking them for iso drawings to scale ?

The alternative is to crawl over the real car with a 3d measurement system or with a good eye !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

we shoudl see how many ppl 3d model....I do.
    I think it coudl go in multimedia.....

Quote Originally Posted by GT500
    we shoudl see how many ppl 3d model....I do.
    I think it coudl go in multimedia.....
    Ah! Finnaly someone that understands the problem with 3d computermodeling.

Maybe a poll could sort things out.

Thread Information