Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > General forums > Multimedia > Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out

Old 08-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Back to black

Delft
Send a message via ICQ to Duell
Saab 9-5 2010-2012

These photo's are officially leaked, so they are published by Saab but not official. What ever, the new Saab 9-5
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Saab_9-5_MY2010_Vector_01_big.jpg (181.8 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg Saab_9-5_MY2010_Vector_02_big.jpg (178.9 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg Saab_9-5_MY2010_Vector_04_big.jpg (180.7 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Saab_9-5_MY2010_Vector_06_big.jpg (324.3 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Saab_9-5_MY2010_Vector_07_big.jpg (665.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Saab_9-5_MY2010_Vector_08_big.jpg (867.9 KB, 53 views)
Old 08-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Back to black

Delft
Saab 9-5 #2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Saab_9-5_MY2010_Vector_09_big.jpg (576.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Saab_9-5_MY2010_Vector_10_big.jpg (1,009.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Saab_9-5_MY2010_Vector_11_big.jpg (262.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Saab_9-5_MY2010_Vector_12_big.jpg (167.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Saab_9-5_MY2010_Vector_16_big.jpg (220.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Saab_9-5_MY2010_Vector_20_big.jpg (235.6 KB, 23 views)
Old 08-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Enthusiast

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
There's something about that C pillar that just looks off. Overall it's not bad looking though. I don't know what it has that will make people buy it over other things though, which is what Saab needs right now. They have to get their name recognition up, and I don't think this will do that for them.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Enthusiast

Reality
Send a message via MSN to DesmoRob
What's happening with Saab now? Are they dead, sold, on life support ???? I haven't been doing any reading on this topic.

This car is ugly.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Back to black

Delft
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
What's happening with Saab now? Are they dead, sold, on life support ???? I haven't been doing any reading on this topic.

This car is ugly.
Saab has been sold by GM to a small Swedish company called Koenigsegg.

Press release,
Quote:
General Motors and Koenigsegg Group AB Reach Tentative Agreement on Saab

# Deal will secure Saab’s future
# EIB expected to provide $600 million financing with state guarantee by the Swedish government
# GM reinvention achieves another milestone

Zurich. General Motors Corp. and Koenigsegg Group AB, a consortium led by Koenigsegg Automotive AB, today confirmed the details of a memorandum of understanding for the purchase of Saab Automobile AB that secures Saab’s future.

The sale, expected to close by the end of the third quarter of this year, includes an expected $600 million funding commitment from the European Investment Bank (EIB) guaranteed by the Swedish government. Additional support is to be provided by GM and Koenigsegg Group AB to fund Saab’s operations and product program investments. This includes plans to launch several new products that are in the final stages of development. Saab had filed for reorganization under Swedish Law on Feb. 20, 2009. This tentative agreement is a key milestone for Saab to successfully emerge from its reorganization process.

“This is yet another significant step in the reinvention of GM and its European operations,” said GM Europe President, Carl-Peter Forster. “Saab is a highly respected automotive brand with great potential. Closing this deal represents the best chance for Saab to emerge a stronger company. Koenigsegg Group’s unique combination of innovation, entrepreneurial spirit and financial strength, combined with Koenigsegg’s proven ability to create world-class Swedish performance cars in a highly efficient manner, made it the right choice for Saab as well as for General Motors.”

As part of the proposed transaction, GM will continue to provide Saab with architecture and powertrain technology during a defined time period. Additionally, Saab plans to produce its next generation 9-5 models in the Saab production facility in Trollhättan, Sweden.

“The proposed agreement will enable us to maximize the brand’s potential through an exciting new product line-up with a distinctly Swedish character. Today’s announcement is great news for Saab’s current and future customers, dealers, suppliers and employees around the globe, said Jan Åke Jonsson, Managing Director of Saab Automobile AB.

The sale will be subject to customary closing conditions, including receipt of applicable regulatory, governmental and court approvals. Other terms and conditions specific to the sale are not being disclosed at this time. Deutsche Bank acted as financial advisor to General Motors Corporation.

General Motors Corp., one of the world’s largest automakers, was founded in 1908, and today manufactures cars and trucks in 34 countries. With its global headquarters in Detroit, GM employs 235,000 people in every major region of the world, and sells and services vehicles in some 140 countries. In 2008, GM sold 8.35 million cars and trucks globally under the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, GM Daewoo, Holden, Hummer, Opel, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn, Vauxhall and Wuling. GM’s largest national market is the U.S., followed by China, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Canada, Russia and Germany. In Europe, GM sells its vehicles in over 40 markets. It operates 10 vehicle-production and assembly facilities in seven countries and employs about 50,000 people.

Koenigsegg Group AB is a consortium of private investors led by Koenigsegg Automotive AB. Koenigsegg Automotive AB manufactures supercars. It has representatives in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, North America, and the Oceania. The company was founded in 1994 and is based in Ängelholm, Sweden.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Flat Out

Kyushu
Send a message via AIM to cmcpokey Send a message via MSN to cmcpokey
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
There's something about that C pillar that just looks off. Overall it's not bad looking though. I don't know what it has that will make people buy it over other things though, which is what Saab needs right now. They have to get their name recognition up, and I don't think this will do that for them.
i think the C pillar and glass house shape are trying to emulate the Aero X, but not quite pulling it off. the mix of chrome and black on the window surrounds isn't good to me, needs to be one or the other.

im not opposed to this car, and i even want to like it. it is just a bit of a let down design wise. there is nothing about it that would make me want it more than a camry or an accord (given i was in the market for that type of car) with the exception of it being a saab and therefore not what 3/4 of my neighbors have.

i was hoping koenigsegg would move the game on some, so far that hasn't happened. but then again, this is still the work of GM completely, and GM never captured what saabs were all about.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:31 PM

Mars
Way too many GM parts still on that car
Old 08-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Novice

Bonn, Germany
I think it looks fantastic. 8)
Great to see a new Saab.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
I like the lines ... I think they evoke the Saab 99 and 900 shapes.
At least it will stand out from all the others in the price range whcih look the same !
Old 08-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Rookie

Here
Nice looking car. I agree with Matra. A refreshing change in the segment.

Is it just me, or does this look noticeably larger than previous 9-5s?
Old 08-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to Spastik_Roach Send a message via Yahoo to Spastik_Roach
Looks great. Far better than most of the competiton. Saab have got to be one of the most consistently good looking brand of cars, up there with Aston Martin.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Enthusiast

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
um... i don't know....its still the old Saab that im used to. it doesn't leave and impression on me. sorry, but this car is pretty much inexplainable to me.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Fanatic

└A & Connecticlump
Send a message via AIM to f6fhellcat13 Send a message via MSN to f6fhellcat13
I like it. The rear is a little too Lexus-like, but aside from that it succesfully puts Aero-X bits to the road and just looks cool and high tech.
The slightly odd C-pillars look to be at about the same angle as their old hatches. Good stuff.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:03 AM
Enthusiast

Auckland, NZ
Send a message via MSN to Roentgen
This is beautiful. Also, I sold my 9-5... unfortunately not enough money for an upgrade!
Old 08-04-2009, 02:48 AM
Super Moderator

nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
Went digging to remind my ageing/dying brain cells I wasn't totally senile YET

Pick of original Saab 99 TUrbo. Do the lines now seem recognisable on the new shape for the youngsters ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 78-saab_99turbo_aero_dv-07-pcs_00.jpg (203.6 KB, 23 views)

Tags
saab, swedish