Thread: Socal Cars and Coffee

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Socal Cars and Coffee

It's been a long time since I've been to the original OC Cars and Coffee event. The event organizers continue to move it further south. It currently is in San Clemente, about 30 miles down the 405 frwy from me in Long Beach. So I haven't felt the need to venture down there. However, lately I've been hearing good things about the quality of the cars, and the overall size of the event, and the venue itself, and I thought, maybe it's worth a cruise down there. So, this last Saturday morning I went. I was impressed with all of the fore-mentioned issues; size, quality etc. The photos only give a hint of the number and quality of the cars that were there. The Corvette, and Lambo, are self explanatory (standard Socal Faire), the Range Rover was a Prototype, still familiar to most people, but maybe not everyone is familiar with the Avanti. They were limited production cars built by Studebaker in the Sixties. This one has found a new life as a Land Speed Record Car. Two things about the car are worth mentioning; the quality, and the performance. Also, even though it is highly modified, (producing 760 hp at the rear wheels) the original 289 cu.in. Studie engine resides under the hood. So, there was a little bit of everything, and it was a fun time. All things considered, worth the drive. I'm glad I went.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by C-4 guy; 09-23-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Thread Information