Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: What top 10 cars do you want in your garage?

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    Sorry to hear about the accident. Here's mine, a team Banesto Pinarello. Like the one Miquel Indurain rode, sort of just with the less expensive campagnolo. The other bike lives in the garage not this one.

And jcp, yes it's a classic with steel (cromoly) frame

with a frame like that you must be 6.6 isn't it?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    with a frame like that you must be 6.6 isn't it?
    It's a 59cm frame and about 6, it is a little big for racing but fine for touring.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

It's a 59cm frame and about 6, it is a little big for racing but fine for touring.
    It actually looks like a 62 (A friend of mine, 6.6, bougt a Pinarello 62, six or seven years ago, which looks similar, now it's all Opera and the like). What Campagnolo package do you have?
    I got newly delivered 56 Aluminium frame with carbon rear fork, fitted with a Campagnolo Chorus Triple set. (Haven't used it much since travelling)

http://www.janjanssen.nl/index2.php?...odId=5&catId=1
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

It actually looks like a 62 (A friend of mine, 6.6, bougt a Pinarello 62, six or seven years ago, which looks similar, now it's all Opera and the like). What Campagnolo package do you have?
    I got newly delivered 56 Aluminium frame with carbon rear fork, fitted with a Campagnolo Chorus Triple set. (Haven't used it much since travelling)

http://www.janjanssen.nl/index2.php?...odId=5&catId=1
    I think that steel pinarellos look big for their size because of the very thin tubing. The toptube in mine is a little more than an inch in diameter. It's the Campy Mirage, I think it was one up from the cheapest ergo-set. Basically, I wanted this frame and was going to upgrade later. However, the Mirage has held up well, going on 9 years now! Luckily, I've only dropped the bike once when I couldn't get out of the pedals.

Campy Chorus, wow those pieces are beautiful and light, also the triples are nice. I have 52/39 with a 8-speed cassette, upgrading to a triple sounds good for the climbs.

I think that steel pinarellos look big for their size because of the very thin tubing. The toptube in mine is a little more than an inch in diameter. It's the Campy Mirage, I think it was one up from the cheapest ergo-set. Basically, I wanted this frame and was going to upgrade later. However, the Mirage has held up well, going on 9 years now! Luckily, I've only dropped the bike once when I couldn't get out of the pedals.

Campy Chorus, wow those pieces are beautiful and light, also the triples are nice. I have 52/39 with a 8-speed cassette, upgrading to a triple sounds good for the climbs.
    Ah, yes, I used to have the Mirage on my previous bike, (before the crashed one), but unfortunately I could not get a suitable cassette for serious climbing, 39x23 was the standard fitting. I did a mountain tour in Italy in 2002 and decided it was time to reward myself with a real bike. Pedal problems we all have I had guess, matter a getting used to it.

Ah, yes, I used to have the Mirage on my previous bike, (before the crashed one), but unfortunately I could not get a suitable cassette for serious climbing, 39x23 was the standard fitting. I did a mountain tour in Italy in 2002 and decided it was time to reward myself with a real bike. Pedal problems we all have I had guess, matter a getting used to it.
    I couldn't imagine racing/competing even a steep hilly much less mountainous route with 39X23, that's what I have. You must have very durable knees. I've mostly just enjoyed weekend rides.

That Jan Janssen frame was pretty badly bent was that a sprint fall?

1. HRT 427C
    2. Lamborghini Muricelago
    3. One of the Gemballa 900hp 911 turbos
    4. HSV Grange with CAPA supercharging 620kw kit
    5. Aston Martin Vanquish S
    6. Lotus Exige
    7. Audi RS6
    8. AMG CL65
    9. EVO VIII MR FQ-400
    10. HT GTS 350 Monaro
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I couldn't imagine racing/competing even a steep hilly much less mountainous route with 39X23, that's what I have. You must have very durable knees. I've mostly just enjoyed weekend rides.

That Jan Janssen frame was pretty badly bent was that a sprint fall?
    39x23 was the maximum I could get on the Mirage as well. That's why I changed bikes.

The fall was my own bloody mistake, I was watching the cranks when I lost direction slightly, and ran onto a row of small triangular pieces of concrete, that our road authorities put in narrow corners to prevent cars from cutting off the road and destroying the grassy sidewalk. Whe I looked up I noted that i was running strait into them but then it was already too late. Given the circumstances damage to myself was minor, just a pretty sour shoulder which has not yet fully recovered three months later.

How did this turn into a bike thread? Henk, I blame you.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    How did this turn into a bike thread? Henk, I blame you.

Graciously accepted, but somebody put his bike on the number 8 spot and some of us could relate to that. Try one yourself onces, it is great fun, and you will learn that is does not always require fossile fuels to go pretty fast.

Graciously accepted, but somebody put his bike on the number 8 spot and some of us could relate to that. Try one yourself onces, it is great fun, and you will learn that is does not always require fossile fuels to go pretty fast.
    I wish I'd put a bike in the garage with this 'top 10' as well. I remember reading somewhere that the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever devised. If you were to convert the energy in one gallon of gasoline to calories, then it was estimated that the bicycle gives 3,000 miles to the gallon. While producing zero emissions, well almost zero emissions.

While producing zero emissions, well almost zero emissions.
    Yeah, depends on the food input.
    Beans and beer gets you some fast energy, but high emissiosn.
    You need the equivlanet of "low sulfur diesel"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

One word: Chili. That'll keep you bikin' for a looooong time.

right now D.C. and Miami., but also London
    Ok, no particular order, and this is subject to TODAY. Tomorrow it might change...

BMW M5 (2006)
    TVR Speed 12
    1972 Boss Mustang (or GT OR shelby of the same year)
    1972 Camaro SS
    Rolls Royce Phaetom (over the Maybach ANY day)
    Porsche 911 Turbo
    Ford GT
    Bently Continental T
    BMW X5 4.6i
    1996 Aston Martin Vantage.
    Mustangs/ TVRs, M3s, 911 Turbos...make me smile from ear to ear...everything else..just makes me smile.

1- Ferrari Enzo ( Red )
    2- Porsche Carrera GT ( Black )
    3- Ford GT ( Red )
    4- Ferrari F430 ( Red )
    5- Ferrari 575m Super-America ( Red )
    6- Porsche Carrera Turbo Cabriolet ( Yellow )
    7- Porsche Carrera 2005 ( Black )
    8- Lamborghini Murciélago ( Orange )
    9- Audi RS6 Avant ( Red )
    10- Mercedes Mclaren SLR ( Black )

Brazilian Boy

Thread Information