Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > Automotive forums > Racing forums

Old 08-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

St Marys Western Sydney
Send a message via MSN to fpv_gtho
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKipling
What of McMerc?
I wonder if he would ever rotate the 2nd seat between Hamilton and Paffet?
Old 08-02-2006, 11:31 PM
Furniture

Australia.
Send a message via MSN to SlickHolden
**** wit Williams **** wit! Hope he goes to Renault or Mclaren and comes back to haunt your ****en arse you **** old **** **** **** silly rusty **** Serge.
Last i herd was Webber was agreeing to a massive pay cut to stay with Williams. And after that i herd Williams cant afford the 07 engines and pay Webber.

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"
Old 08-03-2006, 12:12 AM

Mid North South Australia
Send a message via MSN to Daz27 Send a message via Yahoo to Daz27
My tip is Webber at RBR.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

St Marys Western Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
**** wit Williams **** wit! Hope he goes to Renault or Mclaren and comes back to haunt your ****en arse you **** old **** **** **** silly rusty **** Serge.
Last i herd was Webber was agreeing to a massive pay cut to stay with Williams. And after that i herd Williams cant afford the 07 engines and pay Webber.
I dont think its a case of Williams leaving Webber out to dry or anything like that. Despite not taking up the option on Webber last month, it seemed SFW still had intentions of keeping Webber provided the right deal could be made, that being the massive pay cut.

Theres a supposedly high level of respect between Webber and the team, so you have to think they know hes got several options open to him, most obviously Renault and McLaren, with Ferrari and RBR minor possibilities.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

UK
Send a message via MSN to Jack_Bauer
Webbo's father Alan has been stirring the pot today, announcing that Mark has an 'attractive' offer from a mysterious unknown team for next year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetf1.com
Mark Webber's father, Alan, has revealed that the Aussie already has an offer from a team to race for them in 2007, although which team it is, he isn't saying.

On Wednesday it was revealed that Webber would not be racing for Williams in 2007 after the team announced that Alex Wurz and Nico Rosberg would be their two official race drivers, leaving Webber out in the cold.

However, according to his father, who is also part of his management team, Webber could be without a race-seat for very long as already another team has approached them to make an offer for his services.

"We have another offer, an attractive offer on the table and that will probably be announced possibly next week to the media overseas," he told AFP.

"There were a couple of other teams there in the frame as well, so I am not at liberty to say who it will be with.

"But rest assured that Mark will be in Formula One driving again next year, but at this stage it's not for me to say who it will be with."
Old 08-03-2006, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

St Marys Western Sydney
Maybe its the dreaded Team Schumacher/Audi is resurfacing

Most likely going to be Renault with the Briattore link and current news indicating Kimi will be at Ferrari next year, leaving the vacancy. Pat Symonds has high admiration of Webber apparently as well.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Enthusiast

51dg 45' 08.16" N : 0dg 20' 19.33" W
OK, let's say that Ferrari defer Raikkonen's drive until 08 and he ends up at Renault? Webber and Alonso in the McLarens?

It would make sense given usual experience level of the drivers that McLaren employ; and he's really the only decent, current F1 driver going begging.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Rookie

Sydney AUS
Turns out that Mark was expeting Frank to make the announcement at the German GP as that's when it was decided.

Also, why is everyone assuming that Kimi will leave McLaren. It is possible that he will stay and have Alonso as a teammate.

My money is on Mark going to Renault.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Furniture

Australia.
Send a message via MSN to SlickHolden
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
I dont think its a case of Williams leaving Webber out to dry or anything like that. Despite not taking up the option on Webber last month, it seemed SFW still had intentions of keeping Webber provided the right deal could be made, that being the massive pay cut.

Theres a supposedly high level of respect between Webber and the team, so you have to think they know hes got several options open to him, most obviously Renault and McLaren, with Ferrari and RBR minor possibilities.
Mark was going for a 30-40% pay cut, And as some have said around SFW almost wants drivers to drive for nothing, I'm sure he was asking for 70% pay cuts, Treat him like a rookie with a unreliable mid field car.

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"
Old 08-05-2006, 01:15 AM

Tampere
Webber won't be racing a Renault next year. It's not official yet, but according to what Briatore and the driver himself have said, Heikki Kovalainen will drive the other Renault. (I'll try to find some article in english.)

Edit: couldn't find one, but the newspaper Helsingin Sanomat wrote today, that Briatore had said that they're in good position even though they wouldn't get Raikkonen, because they have a young driver who has driven 20000 km in testing and shown that he can be very strong in F1. Helsingin Sanomat also wrote that Briatore had said Webber not to be free.

Now of course a finnish paper instantly thought it would be Kovalainen, so it could be a biased rumour, but on the other hand I couldn't find another young talent they would probably get.

Last edited by twinspark; 08-05-2006 at 01:27 AM.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator

St Marys Western Sydney
I know what comments youre refering to, but they were made a while back when it still looked a possibility that Raikonnen could be swayed and Webber intended to stay with Williams.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:30 AM

Tampere
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
I know what comments youre refering to, but they were made a while back when it still looked a possibility that Raikonnen could be swayed and Webber intended to stay with Williams.
That's interesting, why would they release an article about it now? Though the comments being old would perfectly explain the fact that they can't be found in latest news in any of the big F1 news sites.

Edit: Nope, I had first read a link to the Helsingin Sanomat article and now I read their own. These are new comments that should have / will be released in today's Gazzetta Dello Sport. Also Helsingin Sanomat is a rather reliable source, they don't release every rumour they get.

Last edited by twinspark; 08-05-2006 at 01:36 AM.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

UK
Send a message via MSN to Jack_Bauer
The pundits on ITV's Grand Prix coverage are saying that the big rumour circulating the paddock this weekend is that next week Mark Webber will be announced as David Coulthard's new teammate at Red Bull Racing. Very interesting...
Old 08-07-2006, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator

St Marys Western Sydney
It doesnt appear JV's situation is getting any better now. Its being reported here that BMW have released him from his contract.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:21 AM
'64

UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by charged
Mark Webber has been relaced by Wurtz at Willams, he been driving that POS around all year and Sir Frank(d#ckhead) replaces him
That's a bit unfair on Frank Williams.

How do you know that Webber didn't choose to leave, due to the poor performance of the car?

I'm sure during ITV's coverage they metioned that McLaren were still in talks with Kimi for next year...

I think that for McLaren it may be sensible to keep PdlR in alongside Alonso. He has more experience than Paffet or Hamilton, and if he has a good close to the season, it may seem like a better to have a consistant "tail-gunner" to Alonso, rather than a rookie.

It would also be a bit less disruptive to the team to carry a driver over, rather than having two new guys to contend with.