Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Formula One Season Official Thread

If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Yup! Yeah Seabass!!!! As for USF1. A rumour until They pay the entry fee. But isn't there a Young Kid by the name of Rossi? Who just kicked ... in a BMW feeder Series? Not yet Tainted by NASCAR or the IRL? For all of Eddie Jordons short comings, He gave Schui the Drive when NO one knew who Schui was. History

Valentino Rossi?
    He is a very successful MotoGP rider. He is by no means undiscovered, he drove the F2008 (IIRC) around Fiorano back in late last year, not to mention he's won 4 (or 5?) MotoGP championships.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by forager View Post
    For all of Eddie Jordons short comings, He gave Schui the Drive when NO one knew who Schui was. History
    Schumacher was part of the Mercedes-Benz junior team and raced in the World Sports Car Championship, so plenty of people knew who he was.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Valentino Rossi?
    He is a very successful MotoGP rider. He is by no means undiscovered, he drove the F2008 (IIRC) around Fiorano back in late last year, not to mention he's won 4 (or 5?) MotoGP championships.
    he drove other F1 cars, I think all Ferraris, and WRCs too
    he won the 125 cc, the 250 cc and 500 cc class once, the 1000 cc class like 4 times and the 800 cc class once.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

he's talking about alex rossi... drove in the american formula bmw series. very good, and very fast.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Yes, The Americans seem to be going crazy over the USF1 rumour! The timeline is right to get this Kid involved 2011 or 12. Just gotta keep this Kid away from NASCAR & the IRL.

As to be expected, troubled Dutch bank ING will cease its F1 sponsoring activities at the end of this season.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    As to be expected, troubled Dutch bank ING will cease its F1 sponsoring activities at the end of this season.
    Good, I've always thought that the Renault's ING livery was pretty horrid. Does this put Renault in a even worse way for 2010?
    Last edited by f6fhellcat13; 02-16-2009 at 11:11 AM.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Good, I've always thought that the Renault's ING livery was pretty horrid. Does this put Renault in a even worse way for 2009?
    THIS season is 2009, so for 2009 nothing will change. After 2009 everything might de different...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

If together the FIA, FOM and FOTA can negotiate so that the majority of the TV rights is enough to field a competitive season (which is certainly the FIA's aim, which says as much about how much more money they feel the teams should recieve from Bernie as it does about how much they feel the costs should still be reduced) then Renault hasnt got much to worry about.

But that might not become reality for a few years, by which time Renault might leave with ING.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post

But that might not become reality for a few years, by which time Renault might leave with ING.
    OK once more to make it thoroughly clear: ING will stop at the end of the 2009
    season, so Renault will have to find somebody else THIS year.

So we will have just 16 cars on the grid this year??

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    So we will have just 16 cars on the grid this year??
    no sir, they can still run, but they need to find a new partner this year, to be assured that they can run in 2010. (Unless Sarkozy himself will put him and Carla on the car)

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    (Unless Sarkozy himself will put him and Carla on the car)
    like this???

it would be cool
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information