View Poll Results: Repaint The Limousine: What Color?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black

12 41.38%
  • Dark Blue

11 37.93%
  • Another color

5 17.24%
  • Don't know/Undecided

1 3.45%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Car: Repaint... What Color?

paint it black

how about gray?
    Nothing to say...

Flat black.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

A nice yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    A nice yellow.
    oxymoron
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Matte black

Quote Originally Posted by Black Edition View Post
    how about gray?
    I might get tired of gray after a while.
    I forgot to mention the interior is black.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    White Diamond Tricoat.
    White, to me, makes a car look longer. For a big car, anyway. So that is one advantage.

A really big question is, how far are you willing to take the car apart for this paint job?
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    A really big question is, how far are you willing to take the car apart for this paint job?
    Someone on a Cadillac mailing list recommended a shop called "Gene's Paint and Body." Family owned and in business since 1944. I was looking through the website. The shop is located in Montrose, in the San Gabriel Valley, about 20 miles from where I live.

I am wondering how much a good and proper paint job would cost. One of my Cadillac friends had his '71 Eldorado repainted professionally. It cost $5,000. I don't really want to pay that much and I think a good-looking paint job should cost about $2,500-$3,000. The car does have a few dings, but surprisingly few considering its age and large size.

I do realize that any change from the original color would involve painting the inside of the hood and trunk and door jambs. That is a good reason for keeping it the original color.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    Someone on a Cadillac mailing list recommended a shop called "Gene's Paint and Body." Family owned and in business since 1944. I was looking through the website. The shop is located in Montrose, in the San Gabriel Valley, about 20 miles from where I live.

I am wondering how much a good and proper paint job would cost. One of my Cadillac friends had his '71 Eldorado repainted professionally. It cost $5,000. I don't really want to pay that much and I think a good-looking paint job should cost about $2,500-$3,000. The car does have a few dings, but surprisingly few considering its age and large size.

I do realize that any change from the original color would involve painting the inside of the hood and trunk and door jambs. That is a good reason for keeping it the original color.
    You really are stuck in the old days. $5,000 sounds very reasonable for paint job on a car that big. That is if they had to do bodywork and primed the car.
    Usually GM cars didn't paint the inside of the hood body color, but I don't know on your year Caddy. Usually to paint the jambs the correct way, you have to remove the weatherstrips and that means putting in new ones because the old ones are spent. Also removing the door pads, etc. On the exterior it involves removing trim, headlights, sidemarkers, etc. If you don't take it off, they have to take it off and will charge you for it.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    You really are stuck in the old days. $5,000 sounds very reasonable for paint job on a car that big. That is if they had to do bodywork and primed the car.
    Usually GM cars didn't paint the inside of the hood body color, but I don't know on your year Caddy. Usually to paint the jambs the correct way, you have to remove the weatherstrips and that means putting in new ones because the old ones are spent. Also removing the door pads, etc. On the exterior it involves removing trim, headlights, sidemarkers, etc. If you don't take it off, they have to take it off and will charge you for it.
    Yeah, that's probably true. My friend's '71 Eldo cost $5,000 but that was in 2004. That is probably the average cost by now.

A good spray is $5000AUD here. So stands to reason that its $5k there esp for a car that big

Paint it black for sure.
    The Datto will rage again...

Thread Information