I can see the whole "noise" thing. Drama for these cars in everyday tangible sense, noise is very important. Turbo is always counter productive of that. And in that case also, its not "too late" as by all account the car is not delivered yet. All the tests in magazines are of the pre-production cars. Driving experience wise. 99% of the owner who owns these are way below the limit of the car in terms of their driving ability. Few will ever venture beyond stumping on the gas and being pushed into the seat. In that kind of usage, the suppleness of the McLaren suspension will shine. On limit stuff, I question the validity of the complaints. 5th Gear and such went on about the power slide and unable to turn ESP off. Both things which I doubt average owner will do. Evo mentioned the lack of LSD and the "disconnect" caused by the Proactive Chassis Control(hydraulic roll bar). The LSD thing I can see, but even my el-cheapo XDS on a VW works decently well on a FWD car, I can't see the 200+k McLaren works worse....and they should go talk to Sabastien Loeb on how "disconnect" his Citroen Xsara was when he was smoking the WRC field....Same technology, with McLaren's being more advanced with semi-active damping.

Most auto writers, you throw them something they don't understand, they see it as the non-existent fault line.....