Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Charger (LX) 2005-2010

yeah........i....dont hate it, but it doesnt do it for me. i like how ford did the new mustang compared to the older ones. what dodge did to the charger........? poor thing
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

I just got back from a visit to my preist for a confession. I had to confess that i saw that unsacred photos, when i did, he said that i have to flame the object of my hate for one day all this month. So without further adieu!! ^^
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoChimp22
    I just got back from a visit to my preist for a confession. I had to confess that i saw that unsacred photos, when i did, he said that i have to flame the object of my hate for one day all this month. So without further adieu!! ^^
    lol. well.....there is one good thing about this. look at the number of v8's in cars a few years ago. now look today, and include the things about to come out. you have to admit, some of these things are not too pretty, but DAM if im not happy to see the american v8s coming back! (if I admit to the modern gto being a muscle car......you get the idea)

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    lol. well.....there is one good thing about this. look at the number of v8's in cars a few years ago. now look today, and include the things about to come out. you have to admit, some of these things are not too pretty, but DAM if im not happy to see the american v8s coming back! (if I admit to the modern gto being a muscle car......you get the idea)
    The general trend of V8 engines is nice, but me being someone who well never have the chance of getting in one (just seeing them in dealers) only cares about the looks. I dont think i have to say more.

BTW: Father Douglas agrees.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

that is true. but hey, doesnt mean you can like how america is getting back to what it was good at! bigas v8's with more horsepower then the competition, and cheap for that much power. personally, i agree on the looks part, but still......V8S MAN!!

Charger Daytona R/T

(1280 x 760) & (1600 x 1200)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    La beauté de l'esprit n'a d'égal que la sagesse de l'Homme

i completly hate this new car personally, but some people are really anticipating it......
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Dodge Charger Police Vehicle

Dodge in Hot Pursuit of Police Car Market with HEMI®-powered 2006 Dodge Charger

Dodge puts 340 horses under good guys' hoods
    Dodge Charger joins Dodge Magnum to make modern muscle available for street patrol
    Superior rear-wheel-drive performance and handling characteristics designed to perform and protect
    Auburn Hills, Mich., Mar 24, 2005 - Dodge charges into the police car market this fall with the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger police vehicle, offering law enforcement agencies a four-door sedan with all the power, handling and functionality they require to effectively patrol the streets.

"With rear-wheel drive and available HEMI® power at the pavement, the Dodge Charger provides optimum police car pursuit performance," said Darryl Jackson, Vice President – Dodge Marketing, Chrysler Group. "Dodge has a strong police heritage and is proud to offer vehicles armed with modern muscle and cutting-edge technology.”

The 2006 Dodge Charger police vehicle will join the previously announced Dodge Magnum police vehicle to round out Dodge’s growing fleet of bold, powerful and capable vehicles for law enforcement agencies.

“We listened to what law enforcement officers asked for and paid attention to the details that are important to them,” said Ray Fisher, Vice President – Sales, Service and Parts Operations, Chrysler Group. “By integrating features and functionality into the original design of the Dodge Charger, we can give our police customers an affordable, capable vehicle with industry-leading innovations.”

For the ultimate in pursuit power, the Dodge Charger police vehicle will be available with a 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine that produces 340 horsepower at 5000 rpm and 390 lb.-ft. of torque at 4000 rpm. The V-8 HEMI engine features Chrysler Group's Multi-displacement System (MDS), which seamlessly alternates between smooth, high fuel economy four-cylinder mode when less power is needed and V-8 mode when more power is required. Fuel efficiency improves by up to 20 percent with MDS, but not at the expense of performance. Dodge Charger police vehicles equipped with HEMI engines will be able to go from zero to 60 mph in just 6.0 seconds.

The 2006 Dodge Charger police car also will be available with a powerful, 3.5-liter High Output V-6 engine that provides 250 horsepower at 6400 rpm and 250 lb.-ft. of torque at 3800 rpm, offering an outstanding blend of performance and fuel economy.

A fully electronic five-speed automatic transmission with an Electronically Modulated Converter Clutch (EMCC) offers improved shift feel to match a variety of driving styles, situations and road conditions. This transmission is standard on all Dodge Charger police cars. Heavy-duty brakes and linings, also standard on Charger police vehicles, provide secure and stable deceleration and braking capability.

In addition, Dodge Charger police vehicles will include an Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with Emergency Brake Assist, All-speed Traction Control and four-wheel Anti-lock Brake System (ABS). Combined, these features will provide balance and control for officers in a variety of surface and weather conditions.

ESP enhances driver control and helps maintain directional stability in turns, even on uneven surfaces, patchy snow, ice or gravel. If there is a discernible difference between what the driver asks through the steering and the vehicle’s path, ESP applies selective braking and throttle control to put the car back onto the driver’s intended path
    Emergency Brake Assist detects when maximum braking is required through sensing the rate of brake application. By applying full brake pressure to all four brakes, this system improves stopping distance
    All-speed Traction Control enhances mobility and prevents wheel slip when accelerating on slippery surfaces. It also provides a measure of directional stability control and helps keep the car on its intended course. The system works by braking the slipping wheel in low-traction situations. However, it also can adjust the throttle control, making the vehicle less reliant on brake applications alone
    ABS keeps the vehicle straight and retains steering capability while braking on slippery surfaces by preventing wheel lock-up
    Both passive and active safety features also are incorporated in the new Dodge Charger police vehicles. These include: advanced multistage driver and front passenger air bags, a front passenger Occupant Classification System (OCS) for controlled airbag deployment, constant force seat belt retractors, pretensioners, an energy-absorbing steering column, optional side-curtain airbags and a tire pressure monitoring system to alert officers of low tire pressure.

Preliminary Standard Features

Standard features on the 2006 Dodge Charger police vehicle will include the following items of particular importance to law enforcement customers:

100-amp battery power feed in trunk
    160-amp high-output alternator
    160-mph calibrated speedometer
    800CCA heavy-duty battery
    cloth front bucket seats with manual lumbar and rear fixed bench seat
    column shifter
    easy path wiring grommet between underhood and passenger compartment
    emergency rear-door-lock override
    external oil coolers
    four-wheel independent performance suspension
    heavy-duty brakes and linings
    integrated engine hour meter
    P225/60R 18 V-rated all-season performance tires and 18-inch steel wheels
    performance-tuned steering
    police equipment interface module
    police equipment mounting bracket
    rear door locks and rear window switches inoperable from the rear seats
    severe-duty cooling system
    software-controlled alternating head- and taillamps
    special electrical wiring for police market applications
    speed control
    stealth mode switch for interior lighting
    Additional standard features and optional equipment are available on the Dodge Charger police vehicle to provide law enforcement customers an affordable vehicle with industry- leading innovations that make upfitting the vehicle faster and safer.

Production

Production for the 2006 Dodge Charger and Dodge Magnum police vehicles will begin in the fall of 2005 at the Brampton Assembly Plant in Brampton, Ontario (Canada) alongside the 2006 Dodge Magnum, Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300.

The 2006 Dodge police vehicles will be available to county, city and state police departments in the fourth quarter of 2005, with pricing announced at that time.

BeaconWear™ Safety Vests

Chrysler Group is committed to the safety and security of its customers, employees and those who keep America safe. To keep members of the New York Police Traffic Department safer while performing their law enforcement duties, the DaimlerChrysler Corporation Fund donated 250 BeaconWear™ Safety Vests to the Department today at the New York Auto Show during the media reveal of the 2006 Dodge Charger Police vehicle.

While the Dodge Charger offers law enforcement agencies a four-door sedan with all the power, handling and functionality they require to effectively patrol the streets, the BeaconWear Safety Vest offers police officers the extra protection they need when outside of their vehicles.

The most common cause of injury for police officers is being hit by another vehicle while outside of a squad car. The BeaconWear vest features reflective strips that can be seen further and more clearly when it is dark or weather is inclement. With the aid of battery-powered illuminated vests however, there is a decreased risk of police officers being injured, disabled or killed by a motorist when they leave their squad cars.

Police Car Heritage

The former Chrysler Corporation dominated the police car business throughout the 1960s, ‘70s and early ‘80s, with U.S. market shares ranging from 45-60 percent. Police vehicles manufactured by the former Chrysler Corporation included the Dodge Monaco, Dodge Royal Monaco, Dodge Coronet, Dodge Diplomat, Dodge Dart, Dodge St. Regis, Plymouth Fury, Plymouth Gran Fury, Plymouth Volare and Chrysler Newport.

Recently, Dodge returned to the police car market after a 12-year hiatus with the 2002 Dodge Intrepid. The front-wheel-drive Dodge Intrepid earned a 4 percent share of the approximately 70,000 unit U.S. market. That vehicle was phased out of production in 2003.

In the fall of 2004, Dodge previewed the 2006 Dodge Magnum as a police vehicle offering enhanced rear-wheel-drive performance and handling with a spacious, flexible interior for police special service uses.
    ...Utah! Get me two...

last pic...
    ...Utah! Get me two...

nice pics
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

At least Dodge found a market for that thing.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Dodge Charger SRT-8 (LX) 2005-2010

Flexing Modern Muscle: Introducing the All-New 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8

Dodge Charger + 425-horsepower 6.1-liter HEMI® + SRT = a car only Dodge can offer
    Balanced Performance: the quickest sedan in the Dodge lineup, plus race-bred handling, world-class braking
    SRT Performance: 0-60 mph in 5-second range, 0-100-0 mph in mid 16-second range, 60-0 mph in approximately 110 feet
    New York, Mar 24, 2005 - When Dodge unveiled the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger into its lineup, performance-car aficionados had a lot to celebrate. The party gets kicked up a notch with the introduction of the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8.

With its infusion of Street and Racing Technology (SRT) DNA, the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 provides exactly what performance enthusiasts want in their American muscle sedan: more power, world-class ride and handling, benchmark braking, functional and aggressive-looking exterior enhancements and a race-inspired interior.

“The all-new Dodge Charger embodies all of the key attributes of the Dodge brand – bold, powerful, street-smart and full of life,” said Darryl Jackson, Vice President, Dodge Marketing, Chrysler Group. “The all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 builds on the Dodge formula. It starts with a 425-horsepower 6.1-liter HEMI® engine and continues with a powerful dose of renowned Street and Racing Technology performance for a tremendous performance-per-dollar value story.”

During the heyday of the original Dodge Charger, performance was measured mainly in straight-line numbers. Today, SRT adds a complete approach with the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8.

“The SRT approach to performance is multi-dimensional,” said Dan Knott, Director, Street and Racing Technology, Chrysler Group. “For example, the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 incorporates Brembo brakes to stop as well as it accelerates. Its handling is world-class across a dynamic range. Its interior is designed specifically for the performance driver. And its performance exterior characteristics don’t just look great, they’re also functional.”

As an all-around performer, the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 is capable of awe-inspiring numbers unheard-of in a muscle sedan: 0-60 mph in around 5 seconds, quarter-mile time in the 13-second range and braking distance from 60-0 mph in approximately 110 feet. The Dodge Charger SRT8 is also capable of accomplishing SRT’s signature performance test of 0-100-0 mph in the mid 16-second range.

Ride and Handling

Chassis improvements on the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 include SRT-tuned dampers, specially tailored spring rates and suspension bushings, and large-diameter anti-sway bars. The ride height of the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 is one-half inch lower than the Dodge Charger. Handling is enhanced for performance with an Electronic Stability Program (ESP) specially tuned for the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8.

The all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 rides on unique SRT-developed five-spoke 20-inch forged aluminum wheels. Tires are high-performance Goodyear Supercar F1 three-season tires with asymmetrical tread (four-season tires are an available option) - 245/45/20 in the front, and 255/45/20 in the rear.

Braking

Balanced performance demands the ability to slow and stop a vehicle in proportion to the ability to accelerate. The braking system of the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 provides benchmark braking performance, befitting the Charger SRT8’s extreme performance character.

All four wheels feature Brembo performance brake calipers, with the red finish characteristic of all Dodge SRT vehicles. Each four-piston caliper grips a vented rotor; 360 x 32mm discs up front, with 350 x 26mm in the rear.

Exterior

Functional performance is at the heart of the SRT credo. To that end, an all-new front fascia includes integrated ducts that help direct fresh air to cool the brakes. The front fascia also incorporates an air dam to reduce lift. The hood is equipped with a scoop to funnel cool air into the engine compartment.

The rear fascia features integrated lower strakes to direct air flow and aggressive cutouts to accommodate dual 3.5-inch exhaust tips. A dramatic decklid spoiler set on dual stanchions increases downforce for high-speed stability and traction.

And because SRT vehicles look as good as they perform, a unique heritage-style SRT badge is set into the blacked-out grill. Body-colored exterior mirrors fold inward for convenience in tight quarters.

Three exterior colors are available: Bright Silver, Brilliant Black and Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat.

Interior

Race-inspired interior appointments in the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 start with power-adjustable, deeply sculpted and highly bolstered sport seats in the front fitted with performance suede inserts to hold occupants during maneuvering. Rear seats have matching performance suede inserts. All seats have contrasting red stitching.

Other sporting touches include “carbon fiber” technical leather trim on the steering wheel for better grip, and special finishing on the center stack.

A 180-mph (300 kph) speedometer, tachometer and temperature gauge feature dark faces unique to the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8. An LED display within the gauge cluster is driver-configurable for oil temperature, oil pressure and tire pressure readouts.

Available options on the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 include power sunroof, Kicker® audio system with six-disc CD changer, DVD-based Navigation system with turn-by directions and voice prompts, automatic temperature control, heated front seats and side air bags.

Also available are SIRIUS® Satellite Radio and a UConnect™ hands-free communications system with Bluetooth™ technology. This system recognizes up to seven different Bluetooth-equipped cellular phones and responds to voice commands, utilizing a microphone in the rear-view mirror and the stereo system’s speakers for hands-free conversations.

The 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 interior is offered in Dark Slate Grey/Light Graystone.

Powertrain

Just as the very first Charger – the original 1964 “Charger by Dodge” concept car - sported a HEMI V-8, the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 gets its motivation from a HEMI, too. In this case, it’s a big-bore, SRT-engineered version producing 425 horsepower and 420 lb.-ft. of torque.

Several features of the new 6.1-liter SRT HEMI recall the legendary HEMI engines of previous decades, including the namesake hemispherical combustion chambers that provide power and efficiency, orange-painted cylinder block, black valve covers, and even the horsepower rating (with less displacement, the 6.1-liter HEMI’s 69.8 horsepower-per-liter rating exceeds that of the legendary Street HEMI of the 1960s and ‘70s).

To create the 6.1-liter version of the Chrysler Group’s HEMI, SRT powertrain engineers applied tried-and-true engine-building tricks honed by generations of American hot-rodders.

They unleashed 85 more horsepower by adding more cubic inches, increasing the compression ratio, redesigning the cylinder head, intake and exhaust systems for increased flow, and increasing engine speed.

For more displacement, SRT engineers bored out the diameter of the cylinders in the HEMI by 3.5 millimeters each in order to increase the total displacement to 6.1 liters from 5.7 liters.

Compression ratio was also increased to 10.3:1 from 9.6:1, increasing engine efficiency and power.

Engine breathing was increased with new higher-flow cylinder heads, a specially designed intake manifold, and exhaust headers with individual tubes encased in a stainless steel shell, all unique to the 6.1-liter HEMI engine. Larger-diameter valves and reshaped ports in the heads allow for maximized air flow. The intake manifold was designed with larger-diameter and shorter runners for higher-speed tuning. Exhaust is routed through a large-diameter (2.75-inch vs. 2.5-inch) exhaust system with 3.5-inch chrome tips.

To further increase horsepower, performance-oriented camshaft profiles were developed to allow more air in and out of the cylinders, as well as manage a higher engine speed. SRT engineers increased HEMI’s peak power output engine speed nearly 20 percent to 6,000 revolutions per minute (rpm) from 5,000 rpm. Intake and exhaust valve stems are hollow, and exhaust valve stems are filled with sodium to help dissipate heat more efficiently.

The high-performance SRT 6.1-liter HEMI is strengthened with redesigned components, including a reinforced engine block, forged steel crankshaft, high-strength powdered-metal connecting rods, floating-pin pistons (cooled by oil squirters), and an oil pan modified to manage oil return to the pan sump at high engine speeds.

Power for the SRT 6.1-liter HEMI is channeled through an A580 five-speed automatic transmission with specially calibrated driver-selectable AutoStick®, which offers fully automatic or manual shifting selection. A heavy-duty four-flange prop shaft sends the torque from the transmission to an upgraded differential and axles.
    ...Utah! Get me two...

more....
    ...Utah! Get me two...

last 4.....
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Looks better as a police car
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Thread Information