Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Dodge Charger (LX) 2005-2010

I like the paintjob on the Ram more.

But it seems the new Ram and Charger are sharing paintjobs now that started with the Daytona.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

what has this ugly fat thing in common with a bee?
    humblebee would have been right.

was there a Charger SuperBee in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Delmaster
    what has this ugly fat thing in common with a bee?
    humblebee would have been right.

was there a Charger SuperBee in the past?
    Yes there was.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

and some say the crown vics r fast...altho the rcmp of canada have Maxima 3.5SE and in Italy Lambo's

how much is it cost? the crown vic and lambo?
    Reach for the moon! Even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars!

Quote Originally Posted by Gtek-i
    and some say the crown vics r fast...altho the rcmp of canada have Maxima 3.5SE and in Italy Lambo's
    Werd,

I have seen that Maxima take down people. It gives them a serious fright!
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Just how many of these were ordered?

Daytona & Hemis

Back when Ford and Chevy were unable to build engines as strong as the original 426 Hemi from MOPAR, those two companies weasled around and got the Magnificent MOPARs banned from NASCAR. Very sad, since Chrysler, in a sense, was a famous racing grandfather when its 1955 and 1956 300s took all the awards at virtually every race! The 392 cid engines that followed in 1957 and 1958 in 300Cs and 300Ds, respectively, also ate those others alive. Instead of a tadpole's chance of fighting against the Great Whites of GM and Ford, Chrysler then, and later with NASCAR, quiety withdrew from racing. No doubt about it, if MOPAR were to seriously reenter racing with factory-backed teams, they'd again be Numbers 1, 2, 3, etc. on the tracks. Unlike the fast competition from the BIG TWO, those Hemi engines simply don't need turbo- or superchargers to suck in that air. Yeah, you can buy a Caddy CSV, or whatever, at $80k-$100k that's very fast, but take away their artificial aspiration and all they'll see are occasional brake light flashes from 300Cs, Magnums and Chargers at the head of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by jhc
    Back when Ford and Chevy were unable to build engines as strong as the original 426 Hemi from MOPAR, those two companies weasled around and got the Magnificent MOPARs banned from NASCAR. Very sad, since Chrysler, in a sense, was a famous racing grandfather when its 1955 and 1956 300s took all the awards at virtually every race! The 392 cid engines that followed in 1957 and 1958 in 300Cs and 300Ds, respectively, also ate those others alive. Instead of a tadpole's chance of fighting against the Great Whites of GM and Ford, Chrysler then, and later with NASCAR, quiety withdrew from racing. No doubt about it, if MOPAR were to seriously reenter racing with factory-backed teams, they'd again be Numbers 1, 2, 3, etc. on the tracks. Unlike the fast competition from the BIG TWO, those Hemi engines simply don't need turbo- or superchargers to suck in that air. Yeah, you can buy a Caddy CSV, or whatever, at $80k-$100k that's very fast, but take away their artificial aspiration and all they'll see are occasional brake light flashes from 300Cs, Magnums and Chargers at the head of the line.
    CTS-V naturally aspirated, 6-speed manual, nuff said...

They're testing 15 Chargers in NYC, 10 with Hemis and 5 with a V-6.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/21/nyregion/21cars.html

Maybe next the coroner's office can pick up some Magnums modified to be a hearst, which they seem to be styled after.

Color

thats gonna be my new car (THE CHARGER DAYTONA R/T in TORRED)
    but in case you guys didnt know they are also making the regular R/T (not daytona) in Torred color as well, for the year 2007. My dad works for diamler chyrsler and let me know of that.

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerzimmer View Post
    The Dodge Charger SRT8 is a very nice car, very capable, the kind of car we all begged for a couple of years ago (A V6 Impala SS? Please...) Unfortunately it seems to be ganged up on a bit because it's a Charger and therefore "should have two doors." This is a silly argument really, overlooking a great modern car because it compares in name only to an icon of the past.
    If you droll over the 300C, the hemi, the rest of the package you're crazy to ignore the Charger because it's a 4 door. Maybe they should have named the car the Polara or something completely different. You'd probably look at the car in a whole new light then. I personally think it's a great looking car, especially when seen in real life, with very cool rear fenders and a great looking front end. Plus 425 horsepower, brembo brakes and 20 inch forged wheels? Fuggadaboutit, I don't care what they call it I want one.

Bimmerzimmer
    I OWN A HEMI DAYTONA R/T LESS HP THAN SRT BUT GREAT CAR 4 DOORS ISN'T KEEPING IT FROM TURNING HEADS

Quote Originally Posted by ANDREW G View Post
    I OWN A HEMI DAYTONA R/T LESS HP THAN SRT BUT GREAT CAR 4 DOORS ISN'T KEEPING IT FROM TURNING HEADS
    Nice car Also, you don't need to use capitals when you post replies
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The yellow car has chip cold air and runs low13 second 1/4 mile sorry about the capitals I'm lazy

Thread Information