Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the next world champion?

Who will be the next world champion?

Who will it be? who will be the one to over thro Michael Schumacher? Who will be the next world champion? Being British i want Jenson Button to win. but i feel that Alonso will be the next champion. What to da yall think??
    Just under ten seconds, just call it nine point five in round figures! : Murray Walker.

Alonso in the Renault.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

well i think that Montoya once he settles in at McLaren will be a good shot. Webber is also a hot shot but he wont get anywhere with Jaguar and his 2 biggest choices seem to be Renault with Flavio Briatorre or Williams to fill Montoya's spot, but a few days ago i wouldve predicted that both Button and Webber were going to Williams when R.Schumacher was talking with Renault and had only to make up a contract but it seems Williams have come to an agreement with him, for now at least. Well after Schuey goes, Webber, Button, Montoya and Alonso for sure
    I am the Stig

I tkink it will be Fernando Alonso.

Before the start of the season, I didn't think Michael Schumacher had another championship left in him.
    After seeing his performances in Austrailia and Malaysia, I may have to eat those words!
    Whilst McLaren, Williams and Renault have gone for radical (and unproven) new designs, Ferrari have chosen to evolve it's proven formula.
    If the first two races are anything to go by, Schumacher will continue to dominate for the forseeable future.

Madman of the People
    Last edited by Madman; 03-24-2004 at 01:43 PM.

I still bet on Kimi at McLaren.
    Once McLaren delivers him a reliable and fast car, there is no stopping him.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Madman
    Whilst McLaren, Williams and Renault have gone for radical (and unproven) new designs,
    Can you explain ?
    IIRC THIS years McLaren is the car they failed to bring to the grid LAST year.
    The Williams is only 'radical' in the new front wing.
    Renault in a new engine ( with rumours of it being based on earlier ones anyway ).
    The 'swoopy' body seems to be common amonst all the front-runners.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

i want it to be fernando alonso (sp) but it will prob be schumacher again if he carries on like he is doing.
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

It'll be David Coulthard's year.

( 'in' joke for the F1 fans )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

You mean his last year don't you ?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilPaladin
    You mean his last year don't you ?
    It does raise that question
    I think if he were offered a number one slot in one of the smaller temas he may be tempted to remain in F1 to prove his personal worth to a team. Something that McLaren aren't good at doing. DC was testing cars 4-5 times more often than Mika and Mika got all the benefits. I'm not sure how much it annoyed DC, but I do know it was an issue from someone who worked on the team at the time.

Wonder how Toyota/Renault feel as McNish has just won the Sebring race for Audi.
    I still think he was an under-rated driver by F1 teams and was unlucky trying to make the narrow V10 Renault engine do anything and the Toyota team learn F1
    met him at Mount Stuart last year and he is a really nice guy.

If mclaren get their stuff together next year both Kimi and Montoya will be championship contenders. Fernando Alonso is a serious contender as well.

sad to say, but i think it will be rubens barichello. he's shown that he can place in the top three regularly and qualify EXTREMELY well.....and with so much of the F1 races being won either at qualifying and in the pits, the Ferrari team will have a winner in Rubnes long after Michael leaves. That is, if Rubens stays with the Ferrari team.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Can you explain ?
    IIRC THIS years McLaren is the car they failed to bring to the grid LAST year.
    The Williams is only 'radical' in the new front wing.
    Renault in a new engine ( with rumours of it being based on earlier ones anyway ).
    The 'swoopy' body seems to be common amonst all the front-runners.
    McLaren never raced the MP4-18, this year they use the MP4-19.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by HBoss
    McLaren never raced the MP4-18, this year they use the MP4-19.
    .. and the early reports from testing were that the 19 was 'not significantly different' from the 18. The suggestion was there was a renaming exercise at play

Thread Information