Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 24 Hours of Le Mans, LMS and ALMS news

KIDTY I just opened up a link You posted 12-18-08 Racecar Engineering. WOW! it's like opening a time capsule! Thank You This should be FUN! I'm gonna go read this cover to cover! 200% zoom so it will take some time, but Thanx again

Kidty, once again I thank You for that post It collapsed upon itself, Waagh snooze, loooze I guess

No problem forager, hope you enjoyed what you managed to see of it.

Peugeot, Audi and Acura will race eachother at Sebring. That will be the greatest match-up since the 1999 Le Mans when Toyota, Audi and BMW raced head to head.

And your trusted reporter will make his ALMS debut there!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Peugeot, Audi and Acura will race eachother at Sebring. That will be the greatest match-up since the 1999 Le Mans when Toyota, Audi and BMW raced head to head.

And your trusted reporter will make his ALMS debut there!
    Yes you are right about that Wouter. I had forgotten about that - three big name manufactures going at it for overall honours finally again should be great. Not to mention your photography and summary - good news indeed.

Is Acura interested in contesting Le Mans this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Is Acura interested in contesting Le Mans this year?
    There were plenty of Honda personnel at Le Mans last year. I would think they might send Fernandez and his LMP2 team. The deadline for submitting an entry is somewhere in January so it would be safer for them to enter a tried and tested machine than a new one.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

There were plenty of Honda personnel at Le Mans last year. I would think they might send Fernandez and his LMP2 team. The deadline for submitting an entry is somewhere in January so it would be safer for them to enter a tried and tested machine than a new one.
    I was hoping for the ARX-02a or two maybe making a run at it like Peugeot did in 2007 as a trial run or whatever and if they won then they won it.

I was hoping for the ARX-02a or two maybe making a run at it like Peugeot did in 2007 as a trial run or whatever and if they won then they won it.
    But Peugeot is French and Le Mans is their only objective. Acura does not sell cars here.

(Ted Joans)

But Peugeot is French and Le Mans is their only objective. Acura does not sell cars here.
    Indeed but no less you indicated there was a Honda presence at Le Mans so I'd imagine and if they are planning of sending an Fernandez's LMP2 there is some interest to compete eventually at the top level I'd presume - even if they race there to sell cars here.

Indeed but no less you indicated there was a Honda presence at Le Mans so I'd imagine and if they are planning of sending an Fernandez's LMP2 there is some interest to compete eventually at the top level I'd presume - even if they race there to sell cars here.
    Yes they surely want to race there but not with a brand new car.

(Ted Joans)

Hey guys Acura has been building now for a few yrs. over here ALMS. I think they had Their sights on LeMans. but with all the woes, scaled back perhaps. It's a strong Car,decent Team. I think if Honda comes to visit it won't just be a social call

Quote Originally Posted by forager View Post
    Hey guys Acura has been building now for a few yrs. over here ALMS.
    But only with the LMP2 car. The LMP1 ARX02a is brand new. I expect them to try LMP2 first at Le Mans. It won't be as high profile but will still teach them the valuable lessons needed to take on Le Mans with an LMP1.

(Ted Joans)

Oh, by the way, they where supposed to move to P1 this Year. They have decent Drivers. they've kinda left andretti/green behind them,but that should be old news. forgive Me, Speedtv did an hour long thing on the Acura not too long ago. I think the plan was ALMs this yr. P1 & then LeMans

Wouter, they were pretty competitive last yr.P2. the car is decent, i don't think they will embaress themselves might surprise some folk, everybody was watching Audi & Porsche last yr.

Quote Originally Posted by forager View Post
    Wouter, they were pretty competitive last yr.P2. the car is decent, i don't think they will embaress themselves might surprise some folk, everybody was watching Audi & Porsche last yr.
    That's why they will probably race the P2 car at Le Mans, if they will race at Le Mans.

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information