Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 24 Hours of Le Mans, LMS and ALMS news

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    To cut performance. The ACO has a lap time target of 3:30 in the race, which the Peugeots beat by quite a margin.
    The new narrow wings look awful.

Racing Box has bought 2 Lola B08/80s. Probably Judd power.
    One will be for the "pros" and one for the "gentlemen".

Officiel : Deux Lola B08/80 pour Racing Box. Une pour des gentlemen, une pour des pros. - Endurance Info - Endurance Info WebSite

Can't really confirm it, but Dyson is getting Lola coupes.

In GT2, there's supposed to be 2 Ferrari teams, 2 Porsche, 2 BMW, 1 Corvette, and none of the minor private runners have been named yet.
    Last edited by Zytek_Fan; 11-06-2008 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Can't really confirm it, but Dyson is getting Lola coupes.

In GT2, there's supposed to be 2 Ferrari teams, 2 Porsche, 2 BMW, 1 Corvette, and none of the minor private runners have been named yet.
    Will there by any Spyders in the ALMS next year then?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Will there by any Spyders in the ALMS next year then?
    It looks unlikelier by the day. Although Dyson may still use the Lola rumors as bargaining chip for more support from Weissach.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

It looks unlikelier by the day. Although Dyson may still use the Lola rumors as bargaining chip for more support from Weissach.
    Rumours of Penske-Toyota are growing steadily, so don't be surprised if Roger shows up at Sebring with a Dome-Toyota.

Though unfortunate, I'd like for Weissach to cancel the Spyder programme soon

Rumours of Penske-Toyota are growing steadily, so don't be surprised if Roger shows up at Sebring with a Dome-Toyota
    Huh? Penske has jumped ship to GrandAm with Porsche.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Huh? Penske has jumped ship to GrandAm with Porsche.
    What the f***?

I saw something about Penske pretty much bankrolling GrandAm, but DAMN

What the f***?

I saw something about Penske pretty much bankrolling GrandAm, but DAMN
    Penske does not bankroll anything. Suntrust is behind GrandAm. This way Porsche and Penske will remain tied in anticipation of a P1 Porsche for 2010.

(Ted Joans)

News came down today I think and you've probably read it that Dyson and Porsche have ended their partnership and Dyson won't be racing the Spyders next year.

So Penske will probably not be racing Spyders next year either then but will potentially return in 2010 with a P1 Porsche? The Porsche in P1 in 2010 intrigues me especially because I've heard that Audi is introducing a new car next year to combat Peugeot and any newcomers. So why is Audi producing a new car or an upgrade for next year if Porsche is entering in 2010? Does PVAG or whatever you want to call the company after Porsche takes over intend to compete against itself in 2010 or will Audi bow out after next year? Or are the Porsche rumours nothing more than rumours?

It is a complicated situation in my eyes and I wish I had more information.

RML also announced they have partnered with Mazda and will utilise the MZR-R engine next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    So Penske will probably not be racing Spyders next year either then but will potentially return in 2010 with a P1 Porsche? The Porsche in P1 in 2010 intrigues me especially because I've heard that Audi is introducing a new car next year to combat Peugeot and any newcomers. So why is Audi producing a new car or an upgrade for next year if Porsche is entering in 2010? Does PVAG or whatever you want to call the company after Porsche takes over intend to compete against itself in 2010 or will Audi bow out after next year? Or are the Porsche rumours nothing more than rumours?
    The Audi is a diesel, while the Porsche seems to be a hybrid petrol car. I think that with two different technologies, there should be no conflict.

(Ted Joans)

(Ted Joans)

The Audi is a diesel, while the Porsche seems to be a hybrid petrol car. I think that with two different technologies, there should be no conflict.
    Interesting thought, but I'm not sure that Porsche wants to fight it's future brother.

I hope they do as the fraternal struggle would be awesome.

That is awesome. It'd be nice if he posts great times to show once more that he is an excellent versatile driver.

Maybe he should get a NASCAR test too? I jest.

Thread Information