Thread: New passion

New passion

Hey guys,

I know, long time no see. Sorry about that. I just wanted to drop by and say hi to all my old friends here on UCP and welcome the new guys and gals if there are any.

I also wanted to tell you about a new...well not so new passion of mine...motorcycles. I know this is a car forum and many of you might not be into bikes, Matra is if I remember correctly. I hadnīt ridden a motorbike in about 20 years or more and forgot how fun they are.

I bought Suzuki AX4 110cc about a 9 months ago just to get around town faster. Itīs not a super fast sports bike, but it gets the job done really well. Plus itīs light, manuverable and really really good on gas!!!

It might not be the type of motorbike people fall in love with, but itīs helped me re-learn and fine tune my riding skills. Iīve even practiced putting my knee down on the corners on it haha.

Donīt get me wrong, I have always been and always will be a car guy!! But motorbikes are so much fun and addicting as well!! Plus driving well and riding well are two different sets of skills. I donīt have the skills of a pro high level race driver I know. But I am good enough to know I can get in any car and drive it fast quickly and safely if I want. Motorbikes are a different story. I have clocked 12,000 kilometers on my bike in the past 9 months and ride very confidently. But I do have to hone my skills more if I want to get on a faster bike and do a track day for example.

Iīm hoping to buy a bigger and faster bike soon. Iīll let you guys know what I get. Cheers guys!!!
    Last edited by taz_rocks_miami; 07-14-2012 at 06:39 PM.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

I've two bikes and no car, so don't worry about people not being into bikes.

Super lightweight new ride... - Ultimatecarpage.com forums

Triumph of the Bonnevilles - Ultimatecarpage.com forums
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Glad to see you're still around and are doing well.

I'm not a fan of bikes but I still appreciate them.

I think Matra and definitely Coolieman1220 both own bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I've two bikes and no car, so don't worry about people not being into bikes.

Super lightweight new ride... - Ultimatecarpage.com forums

Triumph of the Bonnevilles - Ultimatecarpage.com forums
    Good man, the 110cc is perfect for learning or getting back into motorbikes. Your Bonneville is sweet! New ones have around 85bhp yours should be close to that. Doesnīt sound like much, but since it weighs about 165 kilos, you out accelerate about 80% of the cars on the road Nice to know another car/bike lover on UCP

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Glad to see you're still around and are doing well.

I'm not a fan of bikes but I still appreciate them.

I think Matra and definitely Coolieman1220 both own bikes.
    Thanks NSX, nice to drop by and say hi Iīll try to be more active on UCP. I am a mod after all hehe.

Here are a few pics of my bike, I like to call it a mini naked haha. Like I said, itīs not a speed demond, but itīs been extremely relaible. Itīs has never broken down on me. Bought it new and it has 12,000 km on it now after 9 months. It still has 3 months left on the warranty. As with my cars, I always service it on time. Right now itīs at the dealer getting itīs 4th service.

One particular thing about this bike is that the gears are different from most other bikes. On most bike 1st gear is down and the rest are up. On this one, to up shift they are all down, and to down shift all are up. Itīs a 4 speed btw. And ltīs great on gas. I fill it up every 230 kilometers (104.5 miles) for about $55 pesos (about $4 US Dollars). Canīt wait to get a bigger, faste bike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by taz_rocks_miami; 07-15-2012 at 11:07 AM.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Thread Information