Thread: Ferrari Friday with all-new California T and classic 365 California ...

Ferrari Friday with all-new California T and classic 365 California ...

Ahead of the official launch at the Geneva Motor Show in just over a fortnight, Ferrari have released the first images and details of the California T. Replacing the existing California, it is more than a facelift as most of the changes are skin-deep. The biggest news is a brand new V8 engine equipped with two turbos, which is good for 552 bhp. Ferrari insist the engine behaves very much like a naturally aspirated engine thanks to variable geometry turbines. As can be seen in this 10-shot gallery, the exterior design has also been extensively revised with the legendary 'pontoon fender' 250 TR serving as one of the inspirations.
    California is one of the classic Ferrari monikers, best known for the spartan 250 GT roadsters. It was also used for the final custom order Ferrari; the 365 California Spyder, produced in 1966 and 1967 at a rate of one a month. Little known today, the very large 2+2 convertible sported some very unusual styling cues like the pop-up headlights and trapezoidal taillights. Priced at a formidable $20,000 only 14 were eventually built, many of which were acquired by the world's rich and famous. Our detailed article is illustrated by a 57-shot gallery, featuring no fewer than 7 different chassis, including the example that recently changed hands for a record breaking $3 million.

Enjoy the links:

1966 - 1967 Ferrari 365 California Spyder - Images, Specifications and Information

2014 Ferrari California T - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I'll take the 1967 California Spyder over anything that's come out of 'Ferrari' since the F40.
    Who Dares Wins

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    I'll take the 1967 California Spyder over anything that's come out of 'Ferrari' since the F40.
    I feel like the 599 never gets any love. I think it's a gorgeous car

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Progress? What progress?
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Thread Information