Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiat 500 (312) 2007-2020

Fiat 500 (312) 2007-2020

21/03/2007

The new Fiat 500

On July 4, 1957, in Turin, Fiat presented the Nuova Fiat 500, a real icon of our times, with which Fiat concluded a revival that had begun straight after the Second World War. On July 4, 2007, exactly 50 years later, again in Turin, Fiat will present the new Fiat 500 which will be marketed immediately after the launch. And the new car will conclude an equally important cycle of revival for Fiat Automobiles SpA.

Developed by the Fiat Style Centre and manufactured in the plant in Tychy (Poland), the new 500 is a 3-door model with very compact measurements: it is 355 cm long, 165 cm wide, 149 cm tall and has a wheelbase of 230 cm. The car is extremely entertaining to drive, due to its three engines: a 75 bhp 1.3 16v Multijet turbodiesel unit and two petrol engines, the 69 bhp 1.2 8v and the 100 bhp 1.4 16v, all of which are available with five or six speed mechanical gearboxes.

The model confirms Fiat Automobiles SpA’s undisputed leadership in this category - a result of its extraordinary heritage of technical, design and human experience accumulated in over a century - and it takes a quality leap forward in terms of comfort and safety, technology and equipment for this segment. The new 500 is the most up-to-date solution for the motorist who ‘enjoys’ his car in complete freedom, appreciates it for day-to-day use, but also wishes to drive a car that is entertaining and practical, environmentally-friendly and accessible, but also appealing and full of fun.

Turin, March 21, 2007
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I was hoping the 100HP engine would come as a seperate Sports edition as despite them saying that it's entertaining to drive, that would have concentrating on making it more fun, like the Panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    I was hoping the 100HP engine would come as a seperate Sports edition as despite them saying that it's entertaining to drive, that would have concentrating on making it more fun, like the Panda.
    I think the 1.4-litre engine will only come with the Sport trim, and anyway there's an Abarth version coming, probably with the turbocharged 1.4-litre engine.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I think the 1.4-litre engine will only come with the Sport trim, and anyway there's an Abarth version coming, probably with the turbocharged 1.4-litre engine.
    I meant like with the Panda 100HP they adjusted the suspension and everything to make it really fun while it was still really cheap to insure considering. I can't drive yet and i would love to have a sport version as my first if possible (bit of a long shot, but i can try, especially if cheap to buy and run).

I love the interior!

funky little car, I want one
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    I love the interior!

funky little car, I want one
    I feel the same, and i don't know if anybody has noticed yet, but look really closely at the buttons to the left of the steering wheel. Yes, that's a Windows logo, possibly for an infotainment system. No car this cheap has an interior that special, though, that's for sure. Apparently you can write on the dashboard (the shiny bit) with a drywipe marker for that extra personalisation

Wow, that interior kicks ass!!! It's really cool...

It's a nice little car, this could turn out to be a goldmine if the prices aren't too bad...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo View Post
    Wow, that interior kicks ass!!! It's really cool...

It's a nice little car, this could turn out to be a goldmine if the prices aren't too bad...
    Latest rumours say from 10.000 €.
    Visca Catalunya!

interesting policy - presenting the car three days after geneve motor show...
    12 cylinders or walk!

I like the engine choices. I think the 75 bhp 1.3 16v Multijet turbodiesel, 69 bhp 1.2 8v and the 100 bhp 1.4 16v are very good engine choices for this type of car.

Also, I haven't seen many "hot-hatch" cars that are beautiful and have a very nice interior. This new Fiat makes the 99% of the other hot-hatches look boring and predictable. Fiat need a successful car and this could be that car.
    Last edited by john14; 03-21-2007 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Mistakes.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Latest rumours say from 10.000 €.
    That looks acceptable to me... But of course I first have got to see it in real life...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

I like this car more and more every time I stumble upon it.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    interesting policy - presenting the car three days after geneve motor show...
    In fact it was rumoured to be presented at the Frankfurt motorshow in September. But as Renault has launched the new Twingo in Geneva they have speeded up the development and presentation as much as possible, hence the weird date.
    Visca Catalunya!

In fact it was rumoured to be presented at the Frankfurt motorshow in September. But as Renault has launched the new Twingo in Geneva they have speeded up the development and presentation as much as possible, hence the weird date.
    The first information of the new Bravo was also released months ahead of the Geneva show. This time slot helps to ensure it's the biggest news of the week.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    The first information of the new Bravo was also released months ahead of the Geneva show. This time slot helps to ensure it's the biggest news of the week.
    Yes but this usually is done by many manufacturers prior to an important motorshow. The strange thing in this case is the fact that it has been launched after the motorshow.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information