Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: republican debate...

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Ron Paul seemed the best. I'm still going democrat.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

yeah i liked some of ron paul's views especially his small government/free market idea's however i do disagree with his iraq view's.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    thank you. now i dont really follow the democrats that much although i know quite a bit about barak and hillary. where does Biden stand on things? what are some of his stances/policies?
    I'll set you up with a link. I would summarize it, but I figure that it's better that you get the full thing. http://www.joebiden.com/issues/
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

biden seems pretty decent for a dem. definately better than barak or hil-dawg. i guess my main issue with him is he doesn't seem to have a plan for healthcare, he just says it needs to be fixed although i do think the electronic records will help.

i definately agree with the surge in afghanistan. but i dont agree with the darfur no fly zone, i think we need to just stay out of it.

i also noticed he doesn't mention immigration do you know where he stands there?

from an outsider (non-american) point of view, I would consider any Republican new president to be bad news for the (rest of the) world...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    from an outsider (non-american) point of view, I would consider any Republican new president to be bad news for the (rest of the) world...
    dont confuse bush with all republicans. to be honest bush isn't even really a true conservative.

dont confuse bush with all republicans. to be honest bush isn't even really a true conservative.
    but when I read the various points brought forward by the new candidates there is very little that appeals to me.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I'd say even for a standard American point of view Republicans are bad news. Only the rich / religious benefit form a Republican government.

What do I know though.

I also noticed he doesn't mention immigration do you know where he stands there?
    Yeah. From what I can gather you probably won't be a fan, but here's where he stands.

-Voted YES on establishing a Guest Worker program.
    -Voted YES on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security.
    -Voted YES on giving Guest Workers a path to citizenship.
    -Voted YES on allowing more foreign workers into the US for farm work.
    -Voted NO on expanding the visa program for skilled workers.
    -Voted NO on limit welfare for immigrants.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I'd say even for a standard American point of view Republicans are bad news. Only the rich / religious benefit form a Republican government.

What do I know though.
    That depends entirely on the particular Republican candidate. I agree with you to a point, that most Republican politicians do not have the convictions or the knowledge to solve our country's problems. However, I think that the Democrats are even worse in both departments. I think this will be a very important election, but I am sure that no matter who wins I will not be satisfied. I am leaning toward Giuliani and possibly Fred Thompson, but if a better candidate comes along I would definitely consider them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv View Post
    Yeah. From what I can gather you probably won't be a fan, but here's where he stands.

-Voted YES on establishing a Guest Worker program.
    -Voted YES on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security.
    -Voted YES on giving Guest Workers a path to citizenship.
    -Voted YES on allowing more foreign workers into the US for farm work.
    -Voted NO on expanding the visa program for skilled workers.
    -Voted NO on limit welfare for immigrants.
    haha definately not a fan.

Yeah, as soon as he became unpopular suddenly he wasn't a 'true' conservative. Only popular presidents are true conservatives. I love the spin. Unfortunately, if you compare quotes by the same people from 2003 and now, the hypocracy really shines bright. The same people that were considering Bush more Reagan than Reagan when he was popular are now accusing him of actually being a liberal in disguise now. My how the right can spin, and how little credit they give the memory of the US populace. He's conservative, and he turned things to shit. Own up to your candidate you voted for. You broke it, you bought it.

Here's quote from another guy who seems to know conservatives pretty well:
    "Conservatism cannot fail, it can only be failed. (And a conservative can only fail because he is too liberal.)"

That seems to sum up the mentality.

(My translation: "Yea, we worshipped this guy for 6 years, but now that everything he's touched has turned to shit, we'll act like he is Lincoln Chafee and we'll find a new daddy figure to worship".)
    Last edited by digitalcraft; 06-06-2007 at 01:45 PM.
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by gtface View Post
    That depends entirely on the particular Republican candidate. I agree with you to a point, that most Republican politicians do not have the convictions or the knowledge to solve our country's problems. However, I think that the Democrats are even worse in both departments. I think this will be a very important election, but I am sure that no matter who wins I will not be satisfied. I am leaning toward Giuliani and possibly Fred Thompson, but if a better candidate comes along I would definitely consider them.
    I don't know enough. Not knowing much about their policies, I would have to say that of the two with any chance of winning, Giuliani and McCain, I'd probably like to see McCain as he is a moderate and he will unify the American people.

I wish I knew more about he policies but the Republican party doesn't interest me much as I just equate their policies to shit. Democrats are shit too, but I see them as more progressive and less shit. It'd be nice to have Canada and the US have the Liberals (even though I am not much of a Liberal fan) and Democrats in power together again. We could actually get some work done with each other then.

Quick question, I know the top leaders running for President in the US, do you guys know who will be running for Prime Minister in Canada (the three major people)?
    Last edited by Kitdy; 06-06-2007 at 01:41 PM. Reason: typo, correction

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    (the three major people)?
    Oh yeah

More like two

McCain as he is a moderate
    No, he's really not Not since 2000 at least has he been a moderate. He's been a panderer to whatever he thinks will get him power. He's been Bush's lapdog with respect to the Iraq war, and all his stances are conservative stances. He's about as moderate as Al Sharpton.
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Thread Information