Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Improved Production Racing in Australia

oh good, there will be race sat QR then
    i was at A1GP on sunday thinking "they're all driving the same cars, boooring. do they have an improved production filler race" LOL
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

erm i not sure what you mean clutch?
    vetec it's the automotive equivilent of schizaphrenia
    single handly keeping stanley headlight's in business
    founding member of the over 2lt asault team

i figured out my dislike for formula 1 and the like is that races where everyone drives the same car is boring, whereas in improved production people use what they want
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

yup know what you mean it's just like group 'a' different car's with different strength's

Ballast the word at the moment is that 50 series tyres may be the go this year because the Ao48r are in short supply in 60 series tyres.

Update on car all the sheet metal work on the rear bulkhead had been replaced, ordered the lightened flywheel and puck style clutch with spring centre from Extreme Clutch.

Looking at getting this seat its a Sparco Sprint FIA approved etc or Velo GP90
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Heres a few pics of the cars interior, fitted the existing tacho where the speedo was, have made up a panel for the auxillary gauges, temp,oil pressure, volts switches for ign and fans.The tacho is mounted properly and the aux gauges are just sitting there, not sure if I will go the fake carbon fibre or polished sheetmetal for the aux gauge panel yet. The cars going up to get the new engine mounts fitted and gbox etc. Engine will be wired for autronic SMC and run on the engine dyno. Hopefully will get some healthy figures

Have started the body prep its going to take a while
    Last edited by charged; 02-14-2007 at 05:17 AM.

hi to everyone out there in improd land long time no talk to charged and clutch i hope all is good,just a quik note to let you know how it's all going up here the little honda is going ok curently siting 1st in under 1600cc champ and 4th in under 2lt with 2 rounds to go and then the national's so sofar so good
    how's the rolla going charged?

Progress so far Johns car

Making progress, finished modifying the pedal box so the master cylinder clears the inlet trumpets, moved the m/c 60mm over towards the drivers side, installed the camber tops the correct way .Have bought my konis for the front and have to modify the strut for a longer spring and shock so I have more than 60mm of travel at correct ride height. Its actually going to the painter tommorrow for the boot, interior and under bonnet to be painted, then it gets rewired and its engine and g/box fitted and tailshaft made brakes are all done now and Ive half built the new panard for it.Modified the TRD copy extractors for a 16v to 20v stud pattern Things are going well but the bank balance is hemorrhaging but its all good fun. Cant wait to get out there hopefully hit the track for practices in June a supersprint in July and the state round in August.

Thank god I bought a turn key car nearly

Heres a few progress pics
    Last edited by charged; 05-08-2007 at 02:52 AM.

Craigs KE20

My brother Craigs car has had the engine bay, interior and boot painted, hes going Konis and new camber tops as well on the front as he had the same problem, no travel at correct ride height. His is rewired and its come out nice, the 20valve sits nice and low and a fair way back from the x member.

Heres some pics

Brothers car is virtually finished and its hitting the track for a shakedown next weekend
    Brothers car

Mines back from paint, engine and roll cage fitted, getting wired etc next week
    my dunga wagon

Mine made 185hp on the engine dyno and the brothers made 165hp, the mighty 20valve blacktop imakes a few more hp than the silvetop 20valve

Had my first drive round Mallala today in the brothers car and absolutely loved it, the best fun I've ever had with my clothes on, wished I started 15 years ago although I couldn’t probably afford it. I was nervous as in form up but as soon as I was on the track the nerves disappeared, I had a spin in turn 1 I grabbed 3rd before entry and spun into the infield. Did a total of 14 laps in the 2 sessions with a best time of a 1.31 started the day doing 1.40's. Had most of the IPRA guys out there geeing me up, they said I acquitted myself well. I have heaps of speed to find and the tyres are nearly bold 4 year old 32, so new tyres will make a huge difference. My brother Craig got down to a 29 so he was happy, he actually said it was good as it pushed him a bit. My nephew Clint got down to a 27 so the consensus is a 23-35 will be very possible as he said The car would be better with new tyres as in his own words they are like skateboard wheels their that hard ( I actually thought the tyres felt alright ). The car ran great and we didn’t bend any panels, so the day turned out fantastic. We are taking off the g clamp style front callipers and fitting something decent as Clint reckons there absolutely shit. All in all it was a fantastic day and now I just need to get mine finished and on the track.

glad to see you're out on the track charged,as to the tyre's i'd rather have a set of wornout 32's than a brand new set of 48's.
    the 48's will give you an improvement in lap time but they are not as consistant as 32's or as forgiving and after 20 heat cycles they are gone imho they are the worst tyre's i have ever raced on and as such are the major reason for my retirement from ip at the end of this year after 15 year's in improd the cost of having to replace a set of tyre's ever second meeting is to much at $1300 a set and having to use 3 set's a season to remain competitive it priced me outof the game
    on a happier note i wish you and you're brother all the best and a safe racing future

yeah hopefully they will get rid of the Yoko's and get another tender with cheaper tyres that actually work, we are getting 2 meets out the nephews cars and they are shagged. We run 60 series 185 or 195 and their reasonable value, as soon as your talking 15 inch and up with a 50 profile they are big$$$, my conspiracy theory is someone in CAMS is getting a kick back as we are getting less bang for more buck

You selling the honda mate or just taking some time away from motorsport for a while
    Last edited by charged; 07-14-2007 at 10:55 PM.

don't know just yet thinking about aasa and putting the honda on slicks as i can buy them cheaper than ao48's

yeah thats absolutley rediculous that slicks are cheaper than sub standard semi slicks

Thread Information