Thread: 2007 Mercedes-Benz 300SL 1957 by Bo Zolland

2007 Mercedes-Benz 300SL 1957 by Bo Zolland

This is a M-B 300SL Gullwing Replica, based on an E55 Chassis. It's a smart idea, except for the rims. They should have used something more classy

I like the idea of modern technology into old cars (not modifying the sh!t out if them), like the Porsche 356 Replicas.

The designer said: "On this car i have redesigned almost all body parts and its lower, wider and got more angle in windows, thinner original looks bumpers, original looks lights, grille etc etc, and the mission was to keep original looks, just modernize them. The body is 25 cm longer and 19 cm wider that original. The car will have a wrecked donor 2005 E-Class AMG 55 for chassis and components. Rims are BBS 19 and 20´ This will give the car a modern performance and safety appeal, with navi, airbags, AC etc. Only done exterior, interior will be done by others in original style. You can expect the same performance as an E class AMG 55"

http://www.viztech.se/
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight

I like the idea of modern technology into old cars (not modifying the sh!t out if them), like the Porsche 356 Replicas.
    In this case the designer really "modified the sh't" out of the classic gullwing. The proportions are all wrong, the glasshouse is too small compared to the body, and of course the wheels are about as awful as you can get.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

The body panels are not like the originals, that's for sure. I see it like a facelift, or something. It makes the car contemporary.

And it's just a render. Let's wait and see the actual car (if it's ever built)
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

I'd personally rather take a Chesil Speedster. Those wheels are awful for the car and there's something about it that just makes it look peculiar. Atleast get some wire wheels for it too ...

I'd buy it if I had the money, it would definitely be cheaper than buying an original.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17
    I'd buy it if I had the money, it would definitely be cheaper than buying an original.
    And I bet that paying a prostitute for sex is cheaper than maintaining a relationship to get sex ... but that doesn't mean you go and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    And I bet that paying a prostitute for sex is cheaper than maintaining a relationship to get sex ... but that doesn't mean you go and do it.
    Exactly.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

If you look at the render, they just picked up a "normal" 300Sl and streched it a bit in some areas, even the hood logo is stretch, crapy work, the inside is original, not much for a car suppost to be modern.

I've had this ideia for a while, to do a modernized 300sl, it wont look like this for sure!

Unfortunatly i haven't had time to model it yet. :s
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Great idea, terrible rendering. How long did they spend screwing with original in PS, 15 minutes?
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

the problem with this concept is that they have tried to modernise it but only done it half-heartedly.

if you compare it to the BMW mille miglia concept, which took the 328 as a loose base and went from there, it has poor execution.

why even bother modernising it? the original is the most desirable and beautiful car ever.

EDIT: and also if you "have" to modernise an sl then I know that AMG will do it for you, new brakes etc. still sacrilege though
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Thread Information