Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > Automotive forums > General Automotive


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-15-2005, 01:15 PM
NAZCA C2's Avatar
NAZCA C2 NAZCA C2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 674
Location: Pennsylvania USA
What American cars do you like?

It seems like there is a lot of American car bashing on this forum. People don't like the Viper because it has an 8.3 liter engine, people don't like the GTO because it's just a Monaro with different badges, people don't like the Ford GT for this reason or that reason. There are a lot of American cars that I don't like either but when an American company does make a good car people try to down-play it for whatever reason. So are there any American cars that you people do like???

My favorite newer American cars.
1. C5/C6 Corvettes
2. New Mustang (not the V6)
3. Mustang Cobra R, any other Mustang Cobra with newer body style and the Mach 1
4. Cadillac CTS-V
5. Pontiac GTO
6. Lincoln LS
7. Shelby Series 1
8. Ford GT
9. Ford Focus (got to include a practical car)
10. Late model Camaros and Firebirds
11. All Saleens
12. All Panozs

Last edited by NAZCA C2; 01-15-2005 at 01:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-15-2005, 01:23 PM
Rockefella's Avatar
Rockefella Rockefella is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 16,605
Northern New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Rockefella Send a message via MSN to Rockefella
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAZCA C2
It seems like there is a lot of American car bashing on this forum. People don't like the Viper because it has an 8.3 liter engine, people don't like the GTO because it's just a Monaro with different badges, people don't like the Ford GT for this reason or that reason. There are a lot of American cars that I don't like either but when an American company does make a good car people try to down-play it for whatever reason. So are there any American cars that you people do like???

My favorite newer American cars.
1. C5/C6 Corvettes
2. New Mustang (not the V6)
3. Mustang Cobra R, any other Mustang Cobra with newer body style and the Mach 1
4. Cadillac CTS-V
5. Pontiac GTO
6. Lincoln LS
7. Shelby Series 1
8. Ford GT
9. Ford Focus (got to include a practical car)
10. Late model Camaros and Firebirds
1, 2/3, 8, European version of 9. I hate American cars.
__________________
Rockefella says:
pat's sister is hawt
David Fiset says:
so is mine
David Fiset says:
do want
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-15-2005, 01:49 PM
Niko_Fx's Avatar
Niko_Fx Niko_Fx is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 5,802
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Send a message via MSN to Niko_Fx
I'm sure there's more that I like:

Corvette C3/C5/C6
Ford GT
Panoz Esperante
Mosler MT900
Dodge Viper
Saleen S7
Shelby Series 1 and Cobra

And here's my idea of a sick looking Mustang Cobra:

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-15-2005, 02:08 PM
Quiggs's Avatar
Quiggs Quiggs is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,992
Northampton, Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Quiggs Send a message via MSN to Quiggs
Anything with SVT
Ford GT
Corvette
Viper
CTS-V
Anything Saleen
Anything Panoz
Anything Lingenfelter
Anything Roush
GTO
Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky (when they're released)
Last gen F-bodies
Last gen Mercury Cougar
Last gen Monte Carlo (only true faults were FWD and no manual)

Niko's Cobra has a fat ass. In a good way.
__________________
[O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
dads is too long so it wont fit
so i took hers out
and put mine in
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-15-2005, 02:10 PM
shr0olvl's Avatar
shr0olvl shr0olvl is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,237
Texas
I love alot of the american cars such as the:

Dodge Chargers (old)
All the Camaro's
Firebirds/Transams
GTO's
Chevelle's
Saleen S7
Ford GT
Ford Lightning
SRT-4
Dodge Viper
Corvettes(all)
Mercury Couger
plymouth cuda

oh yea, and theres many more

Last edited by shr0olvl; 01-15-2005 at 02:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-15-2005, 03:27 PM
Spastik_Roach Spastik_Roach is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 9,468
Send a message via MSN to Spastik_Roach Send a message via Yahoo to Spastik_Roach
Well I love all the old Coke Bottle cars, but newies..

New Mustang.
New Corvette.
Chrysler 300c.
2003 Seville (Black with chrome wheels, Can you say F.B.I?)
Cad CTS
Cad XLR
Viper SRT-10 Coupe
2006 Ford Fusion (Not the Euro hatchback thing)
Ford Five Hundred
Ford GT
Whole Infiniti range (Well if you can call em American)
Jeep Wrangler and Cherokee
Lincoln LS
Mercury Marauder (That is one MEAN looking machine)
Pontiac Bonneville.
Panoz Esperante and AIV Roadster (Wish it was still made )

Thats about it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-15-2005, 08:34 PM
taz_rocks_miami's Avatar
taz_rocks_miami taz_rocks_miami is offline
UCP'S Guardian Devil
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,716
Mexico City, Mexico
Send a message via MSN to taz_rocks_miami
American cars I love:

All Vettes
First Generation Camaro (67 - 69)
67 to 72 Chevelles (specially the Chevelle SS 454)
GTO Juge
Hemi and 440 Cudas
Any car with the name Shelby on it
The Saleen S7, both turbo and non turbo
The 2005 S281 and the S281-E
The Ligenfelter Vettes and GTOs
Ford GT
Viper, all versions

And many more
__________________
"NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-15-2005, 08:45 PM
my porsche's Avatar
my porsche my porsche is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,391
Texas
Send a message via AIM to my porsche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
I'm sure there's more that I like:

Corvette C3/C5/C6
Ford GT
Panoz Esperante
Mosler MT900
Dodge Viper
Saleen S7
Shelby Series 1 and Cobra

And here's my idea of a sick looking Mustang Cobra:

wow thats awesome!!! i love fat tires personally, like on a porsche if i get one id have 10" in back and 8" in front, theres just something about wide tires...
__________________
He came dancing across the water
With his galleons and guns
Looking for the new world
In that palace in the sun
On the shore lay Montezuma
With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Last edited by Egg Nog; 01-17-2005 at 06:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-15-2005, 08:46 PM
my porsche's Avatar
my porsche my porsche is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,391
Texas
Send a message via AIM to my porsche
and may i ask what has been done to that mustang? and where you got the pic?
__________________
He came dancing across the water
With his galleons and guns
Looking for the new world
In that palace in the sun
On the shore lay Montezuma
With his cocoa leaves and pearls
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-15-2005, 09:04 PM
Coventrysucks's Avatar
Coventrysucks Coventrysucks is offline
'64
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 7,273
UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAZCA C2
9. Ford Focus (got to include a practical car)
Sorry, but that's a European car.

I would be more of a fan of the C6 if it didn't look so ropey, but that is just IMHO.

I like the GT.

The GTO I wouldn't call an American car, just as I wouldn't class the "Vauxhall" Monaro a British car.

Mosler make some interesting cars.

Generally the "relaxed" attitude of American cars (i.e. big, lazy engined muscle cars) doesn't appeal to me.

I'm more a fan of stripped out road-racers like the 996 GT2, 360 CS, Ariel Atom, TVR etc
__________________
Thanks for all the fish
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-15-2005, 09:16 PM
taz_rocks_miami's Avatar
taz_rocks_miami taz_rocks_miami is offline
UCP'S Guardian Devil
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,716
Mexico City, Mexico
Send a message via MSN to taz_rocks_miami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
Generally the "relaxed" attitude of American cars (i.e. big, lazy engined muscle cars) doesn't appeal to me.
Sounds like you're discribing older and not so old Cadilacs, Lincolns and Oldsmobiles when you use the word "relaxed" Coventry. Take a look at my list and tell me which is "lazy" or "relaxed."
__________________
"NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-15-2005, 09:37 PM
CdocZ's Avatar
CdocZ CdocZ is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,557
Coldenflat
Send a message via AIM to CdocZ
wooooow.......where to begin. ok, considering what i saw today, this is the list (not in order, just what i decided to type first)
1) black srt-10 roadster
2) shelby gr-1, the one at naias, the chrome looking one
3) saleen s7TT
4) corvette z06
5) the new gto, looks a bit more muscular, less like a sleeper
6) everything else nice and american at the show!
__________________
"I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-15-2005, 09:47 PM
F1_Master's Avatar
F1_Master F1_Master is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,877
United States of America
Send a message via MSN to F1_Master
Any Viper
'85 Vette and up
Ford GT
Any Saleens
SVT Mustang Cobra R
'05 Stang
Many more nice cars.

Oh yes, the Acura NSX. Still somewhat Japanese, but just a luxorious version of the Honda.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Spastik_Roach Spastik_Roach is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 9,468
Send a message via MSN to Spastik_Roach Send a message via Yahoo to Spastik_Roach
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdocZ
5) the new gto, looks a bit more muscular, less like a sleeper
Thats an Australian car
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-15-2005, 10:03 PM
CdocZ's Avatar
CdocZ CdocZ is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,557
Coldenflat
Send a message via AIM to CdocZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
Thats an Australian car
sadly yes.......ok, so scratch that. i really wish i wouldnt be the victim of gm a) trying to save money off the major models, and b) wouldnt rush. oh well, many other great american cars
__________________
"I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
V8 supercars vs BTTC and DTM whiteballz Racing forums 34 10-15-2009 03:33 PM
Sultan of Brunei!! lfb666 Miscellaneous 131 12-11-2006 05:58 AM
New Cars Wouter Melissen Website discussion 80 07-14-2006 03:15 AM
Are American Motoring Journalists too forgiving? Luciferous General Automotive 81 12-17-2004 02:09 PM
Who are the top 10 Australasian racing drivers of today and all time? motorsportnerd General Automotive 213 04-30-2004 03:38 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:34 AM.

 

1998 - 2019 Ultimatecarpage.com