Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Lister Storm LMP

The endplates look like the ones on the Pescarolo.

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Really? I don't think regulation would make it necessary for LMP1 to have two seats...the Panoz Roadster S had one in LMP1....we need to get MeA in here.
    I don't mean they actually have 2 seats. They have one seat, offset to one side, and a space where theoretically you could put a 2nd seat. The space is usually just full of electronicky/computery type stuff. You'll see when they do driver changes the guy/gal getting out usually stands in the '2nd seat' space while helping the new driver fasten his belts/plug himself into the radio etc.

I know in the case of the now defunct Bentley Speed 8 they actually converted the test car into a proper two-seater to give passenger rides to journos.

Here's a pic of the Panoz you mentioned (I think!). You can see that there is just about space for a possible second seat to the right of the driver (full of a mess of electrics).

uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    I know in the case of the now defunct Bentley Speed 8 they actually converted the test car into a proper two-seater to give passenger rides to journos.
    kinda off topic but i was talking to the technical director of audisport recently and he told me that the EXP speed 8 (second version) was based on the same chassis aas the R8.

if im not mistaken they are(were) the same class. there are no rules about roofs in LMP1.

The Panoz had enough room for a passenger, that's how they were able to comply with prototype regulations. Has anyone seen the prototypes in the 50s? That's when the ACO introduced the prototype class, the prototypes were basically a closed top production looking car with the roof removed and a rollover stucture added.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    This LMP1 Hybrid has been first seen out on track on Monday August 8th 2005. So it's almost five days out. The original LMP was first raced in 2003.
    Oh ok.
    I was mentioning in terms of the LMP not being a new car.
    This LMP is new, but in over all terms, a LMP from Lister isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    LMP1 and LMP2....1 person and 2 person prototypes, respectively. That's what I've been led to believe.
    Following this logic an Aston Martin DBR9 is a one seater as well.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    but it races with ONE person, why has 2 seats, better to have the driver in the middle is it not?
    Not really, it depends on the tracks, in LeMans it's better to have the driver in the right side of the car since most of the turns go that way
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    I don't mean they actually have 2 seats. They have one seat, offset to one side, and a space where theoretically you could put a 2nd seat. The space is usually just full of electronicky/computery type stuff. You'll see when they do driver changes the guy/gal getting out usually stands in the '2nd seat' space while helping the new driver fasten his belts/plug himself into the radio etc.

Here's a pic of the Panoz you mentioned (I think!). You can see that there is just about space for a possible second seat to the right of the driver (full of a mess of electrics).

Yes, I get what you mean. Thanks for explaining, everyone.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Thread Information