View Poll Results: Who have you lost in death?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • cat

0 0%
  • dog

1 9.09%
  • grandpa

6 54.55%
  • grandma

0 0%
  • mom

0 0%
  • dad

1 9.09%
  • sister

0 0%
  • brother

1 9.09%
  • friend

1 9.09%
  • hamster

0 0%
  • ginuie pig

0 0%
  • bird

0 0%
  • other pets

0 0%
  • aunt

1 9.09%
  • uncle, cousin

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buddy the Cat 1998-2009.

^^^ hey as they say "that's life".

Just noticed the Freudian slip in that I'd typed car instead of cat

It's "Shakey" because she was found in a tree stump shaking with cold and fear having spent two nights on her own.

If it helps, cg, post up pics of Buddy.

Here's Shakey

I'm sorry for your loss.

You should look to continue your love with cats by adopting one from a shelter. Cats are all too often unloved animals.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

My brother lost one of his cats 4 weeks ago from tomorrow. She was hit by a car, we came home from the shops to see her in the middle of the road and the guy who had hit her still there. My brother was a bit of a mess so i had to pick her up. She wasnt disfigured or anything, and i felt her tremble as i brought her back home so i thought she was still breathing. My mother and i took her to the vet to see if anything could be done, but the vet couldnt find a heartbeat and she most likely had her last breath when i picked her up. To make it harder to deal with, when we got the cat we got another one from the same litter, so both my brother and i had a cat each which were sisters (we also have a cat each which came from the same mother, but different litters). Seeing my cat roaming around looking for her sister was heartbreaking, and whilst losing my brothers car wasnt affecting me too hard, watching my brother and my cat was. She was only 1yo. For those wondering, she was the predominantly white tortoise shell that was in my avatar, sitting in my letterbox.
    I am the Stig

I've lost many pets. Now even counting all the goldfishes my parents got me, I remember all of my 5 dogs and 3 cats.
    My last dog, a female long haired german shepherd died after several months suffering for cancer and and later filariasis. Another german shepherd we have before died because of some poison she found in the garage. She and I fought the whole night, but eventually we have been unsuccessful.
    When things like these happens you feel like you just lost something more than a pet, a real friend, possibly even better than a lot of people you know.
    It isn't preventing me from having more dogs though, as I love them and love how they make you feel. Atm I have a belgian/german shepherd and a small mixed-breed dog. The shepherd weights about 35 kg, keeps yelling (I said yelling, not barking) all the time and every night she digs a hole 50 cm based.
    The garden is a mess, and I don't care.

Sorry for you cat Marney, I fully understand how you feel now.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I'm very sorry for your loss.

We have a little red Cavalier King Charles spaniel that I let my grandmother keep when my grandfather passed a few years back. Unfortunately, the poor animal is gradually declining and it's so sad to see another close friend of my grandmothers slowly dissipate again.

Sorry to hear that. I've lost pets over the years, and it's never easy. My condolences.
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one as an adult.

I offer you condolences as well.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    thank you guys. your all very considerate, thoughtful, and caring. i came home from work and my mom was home and i just had to cry. she comforted me and said to reflect of the good times you and Buddy had together like some of you guys said. when Buddy was alive and well, we had 3 cats and whenever i went upstairs the 3 would come upstairs with me. my mom would call me Ace Ventura. anyways, the 2 surviving cats are Babycat, a male brown tabby who knows he's cute, and Whaley, a female torti who kinda looks like Babycat and Buddy together. ( i will try to get some pictures on here but they might be crappy. ) Babycat was abaondoned on a apartment hallway and was meowing at a door when my mom's college came and rescue the cute little thing. speaking of cute, Shaky is one cute little torti. anyways, Whaley wasn't wanted by her owners anymore and as it was really the owners fault as they would keep changing the location of the litter box, thus having Whaley getting confused and pooping all over the place. the two are extremely talkative, especially Whaley. some of the stories of your guy's pets are so sad, but yet so positive at the same time. when my mom was a kid, she had plenty of cats and dogs. unfortunatley though, one of the cats she had was in her dad's ( my grandpa's ) car where the engine is. when my grandpa got in the car, he turned it on and heard a loud screaming nose. it turned out that the cats leg or legs i think got caught in the timing belt thus damaging her leg. she had to then be uthenized. i honestly didn't want to leave the room where we had to put Buddy down and i think most of you can relate. his eyes were open when he passed and my mom tried to close them but always came open. before we left, i said goodbye to him out loud so many times. cats have always touched me in so many ways.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

I had to put my old dog down last spring. I had her as my avatar for awhile till my grieving was over, mabey a few of you guys remember it. She lived to a ripe old age of 15. Thats alot for a larger dog. Her stomach flipped as well, she could barely move with the pain till I took her in at 3:00 a.m.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

I've lost pets--cats, dogs and the worst, my horse, but nothing came close to the loss of my brother at age 27 5 years ago. He was killed by a drunk driver at 7PM on a weekday evening. My sympathy on the loss of your cat. My pets have always been so much more than that to me.

Yeah, I don't own a cat or a dog, but I do understand how you feel. You get attached to them.

Perhaps this short film will help?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGQVX8iGbgk"]YouTube - All About My Dog - Marimo[/ame]

It's quite sad, but it sums it up quite well I think.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    IBrake4Rainbows profile made me happy.
    All Glory To HypnoBuddy. ah, i miss you hon.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Thread Information