Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Photography Comp 17

Weekly Photography Comp 17

CONGRATULATIONS Rebirth of Xar !

Standings so far: Fastautos:2, Egg Nog:1, Rebirth of Xar:4, McReis:3, SPH Ferrari:2, Niko Fx:1, Titanboy 24:2, Pterps:1, Karc:1, Pinin 1.

Podium for comp. 17:
    Rebirth of Xar : 12 votes
    Titanboy_24 : 10 votes
    henk4 : 6 votes

44 voters you break the record ! nice!

Rules:

* The proposed picture must be your own and not found on the net.

* Only the photographs taken the month in progress and the past month are accepted.

* Only one photograph per person and weekly contest allowed; you may not change your photograph once it has been entered.

* There are 5 days to submit your photograph, a poll will be created after 5 days for people to vote on.

* Your image must be a resolution of 800*600 or lower. If it is not, your picture will not be in the voting thread.

* Each photographer cannot vote for him, they must vote for the others

* The picture should get submitted with: the name of the car, where it was taken or at what event, and the date and the type of camera

Good luck!
    'www.sl55creationweb.com

It appears that the subject on the picture is many times more important than the quality of the picture. To be frank, I'd never publish a shot like this.

EDIT: the car is actually blue, not grey:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 02-14-2005 at 05:20 AM.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Ettore's Love for Chains and Cables

Bugatti 50T
    Retromobile, Friday 11-02-2005
    Sony Cybershot
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    It appears that the subject on the picture is many times more important than the quality of the picture. To be frank, I'd never publish a shot like this.

EDIT: the car is actually blue, not grey:
    and your point was....................
    halo 2 - november 9

Quote Originally Posted by danno
    he might be doubting the quality of the jurors
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

To me it sounds like the 'Weekly Spot The Nicest car and even though the picture only shows the car's antenna you'll win contest,' rather than the Weekly Photography Contest.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

oh ok, i didnt see the last competition, but the picture that won was certainly very good.
    halo 2 - november 9

To me it sounds like the 'Weekly Spot The Nicest car and even though the picture only shows the car's antenna you'll win contest,' rather than the Weekly Photography Contest.

I twice claimed that, allthough I won the competition 3 times. Having you saying the same gives me some moral...

Sunday i'll be at a classic car/bike meeting. I'll be taking photos. Lets see what happens then if I post some good pictures of old cars noone knows... just like your father does except my pictures are much better...
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

oh ok, i didnt see the last competition, but the picture that won was certainly very good.
    I really did not want to go down this route, but you forced me. Almost half of of the picture is overexposed to the point where it's white. The background is completely distracting from the subject, the underexposed 'grey' non centered Jaguar. Like I said in my first post, the only thing remarkable about the picture is the subject.

(Ted Joans)

Well I tend to disaggree, lighting is awful there are parts of the picture completely white, too many people in the background, other cars shouldn't have been there, the top of the central building should have been visible and as Wouter pointed out, the car is blue.

And please do not come with the "sour grape" argument because I did not win. My pic wasn't that good either

the truth is spoken at last... the location of the pic was excellent but the photo wasn't that special he took better photos of it...

like the one below...
    Last edited by shockwaveracing; 02-14-2005 at 06:26 AM.

reet lets see what i have for this month

Focus WRC 2005/2006
    Nikon
    autosport 2005
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by shockwaveracing
    the truth is spoken at last... the location of the pic was excellent but the photo wasn't that special he took better photos of it...

like the one below...
    It's better, but still not centered and the background is very distracting.

(Ted Joans)

It's better, but still not centered and the background is very distracting.

yes but the juxtaposition of the Phantom of the Opera sign (and what it says) against the car is what makes it interesting... and better than the one that won last weeks competition...

Ferrari 365 GTS/4 Daytona, Ferrari F355
    Graypaul, Nottingham
    3rd January
    Canon PowerShot A85
    My other signature has a V12

Thread Information