Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A new idea: The Photography assignment

Maybe i wrote my suggestion in a very confusing way.

Mine's like this:

Drakkie to have the honor to start the 1st post with a topic chosen by him.
    then this is how he'll run it.

1. There'll be no limit as to how many participations are allowed or time frame, because this will limit the number of constructive titles used.
    2. There'll be no limit to how long the entries would last.
    3. Only entrants of the 1st assignment will gain the 'passport' to be allowed to suggest a new topic in the same thread, any topic suggestions that gets two concurrence from other entrants fastest will gain the 'rights' to start the thread.
    4. All assignments can run in conjunction (e.g Asgnmt 4 can start while 1,2,3 are still running - since there's no end)
    5. The limiting of suggesting members actually helps to eliminate people who don't participate but merely suggest.
    6. The limiting of concurrence members to entrants eliminates un-constructive topics suggested by entrants, but concurred by outsiders/viewers/visitors.
    7. The adherence to above rules will help moderators to keep it clean and envifonrumentally clean.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

There has to be an end or it will get too cluttered...one month?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    Maybe i wrote my suggestion in a very confusing way.

Mine's like this:

Drakkie to have the honor to start the 1st post with a topic chosen by him.
    then this is how he'll run it.

1. There'll be no limit as to how many participations are allowed or time frame, because this will limit the number of constructive titles used.
    2. There'll be no limit to how long the entries would last.
    3. Only entrants of the 1st assignment will gain the 'passport' to be allowed to suggest a new topic in the same thread, any topic suggestions that gets two concurrence from other entrants fastest will gain the 'rights' to start the thread.
    4. All assignments can run in conjunction (e.g Asgnmt 4 can start while 1,2,3 are still running - since there's no end)
    5. The limiting of suggesting members actually helps to eliminate people who don't participate but merely suggest.
    6. The limiting of concurrence members to entrants eliminates un-constructive topics suggested by entrants, but concurred by outsiders/viewers/visitors.
    7. The adherence to above rules will help moderators to keep it clean and envifonrumentally clean.
    Some nice idea's on the suggestions part. I feel however it should still have an ending sometime It will get very unhandy then and cluttered. Would two weeks be enough to shoot three pictures ?

If there is and end, then for example a simple topic like Sunrise would end up having 2 or 4,5,6 threads with same title for it is a rather common topic. there's no competition or whatever, need not end. need not even state assignment #1. you can just go assignment - sunrise.

well, my 2 cents. the creator of threads should be responsible in the sense that threads that was created should have topics of interactions that will last as long as possible.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

i like the idea. on another photography forum they do htis, but the person who came up with the assignment chooses a first, second, and third, and runner ups. then the winner that they chose decides the next assignment, and then chooses the winners. i think this would work well. if people dont want it to be a competition in any way thats good too, but i think this would work well.

btw, just htought id add, right now im doing a photobooth setup at a bar mitzva, and everyone is inside for the candle lighting, so im sitting here talking on ichat and going on the internet, being paid $62.50/hr
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

$63.50/hr? I hate you. I just get paid $10/hr plus $20 a picture for a construction company I shoot for.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari View Post
    i like the idea. on another photography forum they do htis, but the person who came up with the assignment chooses a first, second, and third, and runner ups. then the winner that they chose decides the next assignment, and then chooses the winners. i think this would work well. if people dont want it to be a competition in any way thats good too, but i think this would work well.
    Sounds good...

As long as people accept that it is one persons opinion and don't whine about losing

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    $63.50/hr? I hate you. I just get paid $10/hr plus $20 a picture for a construction company I shoot for.
    thats acutally just my half of the hourly wage. im working with a friend who is inside printing.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Sounds good...

As long as people accept that it is one persons opinion and don't whine about losing
    yea, im sure people will whine, but in this case, it is truly the deciding individuals personal opinion, so nobody can back up complaining about what they decide. people are just gonna have to learn to deal with it.

you guys gotta get more creative with this, one word is not enough, too general. Something like Sweet Dreams and then the picture would be something with candy while somone is sleeping, see where im going?

Quote Originally Posted by 70cuda88 View Post
    you guys gotta get more creative with this, one word is not enough, too general. Something like Sweet Dreams and then the picture would be something with candy while somone is sleeping, see where im going?
    so your suggestion is two words? i think that people dont need to stay to one word, or even two words, its really whatever they choose as long as its not too specific.

Quote Originally Posted by 70cuda88 View Post
    I think one word opens the assignment up to quite a lot of creativity.
    There should be a topic, not a word. It's stupid to limit the number of words. As long as the topic does not limit you too much
    My other signature has a V12

Quote Originally Posted by Pinin View Post
    I think one word opens the assignment up to quite a lot of creativity.
    Perhaps the word should have more than four characters
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Perhaps the word should have more than four characters
    There goes my suggestion for 'cold'
    My other signature has a V12

Quote Originally Posted by Pinin View Post
    There goes my suggestion for 'cold'
    fresh?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information