Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > General forums > Miscellaneous


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #7996  
Old 08-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Sledgehammer's Avatar
Sledgehammer Sledgehammer is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,824
USA, Colorado, Vallecito Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Cool. I really need something like this for when we do our South Pacific cruise next year.
Took a shot of a lake during bright sunlight to show the normal shot the camera takes.

The second shot is a macro shot using one exposure, the third is a "stacked" macro which takes a series of pictures rapidly and then combines them all into one image to get the entire shot in focus.

*edit* just found out I was taking this in "normal" compression mode and not "fine" which is about twice as high.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P8060097.jpg (1.12 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg P8040034.jpg (729.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg P8040035.jpg (850.2 KB, 11 views)
__________________
"Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
-Carrol Shelby

Last edited by Sledgehammer; 08-06-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7997  
Old 08-16-2014, 12:38 AM
crisis's Avatar
crisis crisis is offline
Space Modulator
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 6,153
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
Took a shot of a lake during bright sunlight to show the normal shot the camera takes.

The second shot is a macro shot using one exposure, the third is a "stacked" macro which takes a series of pictures rapidly and then combines them all into one image to get the entire shot in focus.

*edit* just found out I was taking this in "normal" compression mode and not "fine" which is about twice as high.
Looks good. My DSLR will be fine for most things but I was thinking more of having something waterproof also for all that snorkeling. lol.
__________________
"A string is approximately nine long."
Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM
Reply With Quote
  #7998  
Old 08-22-2014, 11:34 AM
drakkie's Avatar
drakkie drakkie is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,827
Eindhoven, The Netherlands


This should help in lowering my car's weight in the next week. A vehicle weight of 830kg (excluding me and with a full tank) is not low enough yet! I will weld my passenger door and the boot shut as well.
Reply With Quote
  #7999  
Old 09-10-2014, 07:58 PM
crisis's Avatar
crisis crisis is offline
Space Modulator
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 6,153
Adelaide
Put deposit on it. Hope to pick up early next week if the bank can get its ream of documents to me to sign soon. My part in preserving the iconic great Aussie RWD V8 which is soon to become part of history. These are the photos from the add.
Basically LS1 5.7 6 speed manual with Harrop brakes and full sports exhaust.
I'm very excited.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cp5652387937863379722.jpg (189.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg cp4637263054616792599.jpg (152.1 KB, 6 views)
__________________
"A string is approximately nine long."
Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM
Reply With Quote
  #8000  
Old 09-11-2014, 05:38 AM
NSXType-R's Avatar
NSXType-R NSXType-R is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 11,438
East Coast of the United States
Ah, I see you've picked up a Pontiac GTO!

What did you drive before that?
Reply With Quote
  #8001  
Old 09-11-2014, 07:24 PM
crisis's Avatar
crisis crisis is offline
Space Modulator
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 6,153
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
Ah, I see you've picked up a Pontiac GTO!

What did you drive before that?
Yeah we made the yanks some cars a while back but they put dodgy fronts on them.
I have a bit of a fleet between me, the kids and the missus but have been driving a 100 series Landcruiser V8 and my wifes 2013 Mitsubishi Mirage. I had a CV8R Monaro a couple of years back but lost my job and had to sell it. Absolutely devo! This one I intend to be buried in.
__________________
"A string is approximately nine long."
Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM
Reply With Quote
  #8002  
Old 09-12-2014, 04:59 AM
NSXType-R's Avatar
NSXType-R NSXType-R is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 11,438
East Coast of the United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Yeah we made the yanks some cars a while back but they put dodgy fronts on them.
I have a bit of a fleet between me, the kids and the missus but have been driving a 100 series Landcruiser V8 and my wifes 2013 Mitsubishi Mirage. I had a CV8R Monaro a couple of years back but lost my job and had to sell it. Absolutely devo! This one I intend to be buried in.
Actually, I really liked the Pontiac GTO and G8, I'm kind of sad they're gone. At least we sort of get the Caprice... as a police car and the SS, which is more expensive than the G8 when that came out.

Very cool group of cars, I like the Landcruiser haha.

Glad you got your dream car back!
Reply With Quote
  #8003  
Old 09-13-2014, 07:09 PM
crisis's Avatar
crisis crisis is offline
Space Modulator
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 6,153
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
Actually, I really liked the Pontiac GTO and G8, I'm kind of sad they're gone. At least we sort of get the Caprice... as a police car and the SS, which is more expensive than the G8 when that came out.

Very cool group of cars, I like the Landcruiser haha.

Glad you got your dream car back!
Cheers. Ironically once Holden stops production in 2017 the only GM rwd V8 we will possibly have access to is the Camaro which is built on the Commodore chassis.
__________________
"A string is approximately nine long."
Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM
Reply With Quote
  #8004  
Old 09-15-2014, 12:55 AM
pimento's Avatar
pimento pimento is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,536
Perth, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Cheers. Ironically once Holden stops production in 2017 the only GM rwd V8 we will possibly have access to is the Camaro which is built on the Commodore chassis.
Not anymore, the new one is based on the Alpha platform with the Caddy ATS.
__________________
Life's too short to drive bad cars.
Reply With Quote
  #8005  
Old 09-15-2014, 04:47 PM
crisis's Avatar
crisis crisis is offline
Space Modulator
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 6,153
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimento View Post
Not anymore, the new one is based on the Alpha platform with the Caddy ATS.
Then it is truly dead...
__________________
"A string is approximately nine long."
Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM
Reply With Quote
  #8006  
Old 09-18-2014, 06:28 AM
Matra et Alpine's Avatar
Matra et Alpine Matra et Alpine is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 27,781
nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
Nobody else knows yet, picking it up Wednesday.
Can tow the horse and the race car and still turn in the mpg's
__________________
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'
Reply With Quote
  #8007  
Old 09-18-2014, 10:15 PM
Kitdy's Avatar
Kitdy Kitdy is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,015
Good choice. Everyone I know seems to be getting Mazdas!
Reply With Quote
  #8008  
Old 09-19-2014, 04:56 AM
Matra et Alpine's Avatar
Matra et Alpine Matra et Alpine is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 27,781
nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
Close call between it and the new PHEV Outlander.
Very impressive with electric rear wheel drive AWD setup
__________________
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'
Reply With Quote
  #8009  
Old 09-19-2014, 09:49 AM
Ferrer's Avatar
Ferrer Ferrer is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 33,166
Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
CX-5 is a good car. Not the last word in precision if it has the smallest wheels, but it's fast, frugal, practical and comfy.

A solid choice.

Congrats!
__________________
Lack of charisma can be fatal.
Visca Catalunya!
Reply With Quote
  #8010  
Old 09-19-2014, 04:29 PM
crisis's Avatar
crisis crisis is offline
Space Modulator
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 6,153
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
Nobody else knows yet, picking it up Wednesday.
Can tow the horse and the race car and still turn in the mpg's
You may have let the cat out of the bag. Congrats.
__________________
"A string is approximately nine long."
Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
asif's sexy skirt, david's gaewoo, kitdy man love, kitdys greasy food love, latest, purchases, vaigra's clothes thread., volvo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Oltre Show Car porlamfer Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out 14 03-29-2007 01:01 PM
The SHOW before the SHOW! master_liga Miscellaneous 10 05-12-2006 09:27 AM
2005 sydney motor show: whiteballz General Automotive 136 10-21-2005 06:03 AM
awesome pics from our show last weekend Juggs Miscellaneous 6 07-20-2005 12:06 PM
2005 Auto one Classic Car Show - Whiteman Park - Perth, Western Australia truncatus Multimedia 0 03-20-2005 10:27 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:37 AM.

 

1998 - 2018 Ultimatecarpage.com