Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodwood Festival Of Speed 06

Were are the oldies? All I can see are ugly cars.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Some very important stuff showed up at Goodwood: ex-Bardinon 330P, 250 TRI61 Le Mans Winner, the list goes on...

Quote Originally Posted by Dickrich
    Richard, you might want to make a few corrections before people start complaining, check for instance the Abarth and the Porsche 917 pictures. You'll find out what I mean
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Richard, you might want to make a few corrections before people start complaining, check for instance the Abarth and the Porsche 917 pictures. You'll find out what I mean
    Hey thanks, now everyone can see the 33 Stradale!

Wonder if that's a Porsche 956 or 962, I don't know the differences well enough.

Hey thanks, now everyone can see the 33 Stradale!

Wonder if that's a Porsche 956 or 962, I don't know the differences well enough.

ask your men in the field, they should have the programme and ask him also about the Porsche Cisitalia that he pretends to have seen.....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

You might also wish to rename the Abarth pic to Abarth 2000 OT "Periscope". An Abarth can be many things... But I guess you know that.

I'm sorry! I wrote 2000 OT but meant 1300. And it's probably a 1300.
    Last edited by McReis; 07-11-2006 at 11:42 AM.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

I love the caption of the Nissan R90: "We have no idea"

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Why'd they change the wheels on the Exelero? The older ones looked much better
    i think those rims or older i don't know wich one, was for tire testing

Wish I could've been there this year ... though it doesn't look as impressive as last years. It may just be the photographers, but are they swaying more heavily towards modern cars?

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Wish I could've been there this year ... though it doesn't look as impressive as last years. It may just be the photographers, but are they swaying more heavily towards modern cars?
    this is done for supercars.net, hence the predominence of "supercars" that many have already seen before. The interesting stuff, like Richard says is tugged away towards the end..... and does not get proper attention as the photogrpaher obviously has no idea what he is looking at.

this is done for supercars.net, hence the predominence of "supercars" that many have already seen before. The interesting stuff, like Richard says is tugged away towards the end..... and does not get proper attention as the photogrpaher obviously has no idea what he is looking at.
    Many of the supercars hadn't been seen before as some were UK debuts, and two were World debuts!

There are a couple older cars that the photographer may have missed running up the hill, but I think the majority are there.

Many of the supercars hadn't been seen before as some were UK debuts, and two were World debuts!

There are a couple older cars that the photographer may have missed running up the hill, but I think the majority are there.
    it is not that he has missed them or not, he is leaving us in the dark about the real identity of many of the cars posted in the final shots of the gallery. Just a question, why six Paganis, four Veyrons and only 3 pics of the two Ferraris you mentioned.

it is not that he has missed them or not, he is leaving us in the dark about the real identity of many of the cars posted in the final shots of the gallery. Just a question, why six Paganis, four Veyrons and only 3 pics of the two Ferraris you mentioned.
    The Supercars ran up the hill three times, and were one of the special features of the event.

The Supercars ran up the hill three times, and were one of the special features of the event.
    Every car runs up the hill a number of times.....(at least in 2002 when I visited). But in all honesty what can a viewer do with a caption : "modern F1"?
    What I am trying to convey to you is that this gallery does not meet the quality standards that you would apply to your own reports. I am not going to make these criticisms on your own forums, but now that you are posting a link here I think I can speak up.

Thread Information