Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: good passtime

good passtime

I was bored , And came up with a brilliant idea.

I went to the VW dealership, And said I was intrested in a MK5 GTI.
    After some chit chat I asked if I could maybe test drive one. They had a black GTI with DSG and loads of options ( worth 33000 clams) standing there.
    On Monday they will entrust me with 200 horses. Hoping DSG is user friendly.

Has anyone around here done much testdriving for fun? Because it really seems to be quite easy...
    24/02/2008: my first drive in a corrado 16, life is finally going somewhere...
    1/07/2008: first drive in a corrado vr6, life peaks here

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

Quote Originally Posted by ripper46 View Post
    I was bored , And came up with a brilliant idea.

I went to the VW dealership, And said I was intrested in a MK5 GTI.
    After some chit chat I asked if I could maybe test drive one. They had a black GTI with DSG and loads of options ( worth 33000 clams) standing there.
    On Monday they will entrust me with 200 horses. Hoping DSG is user friendly.

Has anyone around here done much testdriving for fun? Because it really seems to be quite easy...
    I've thought about doing this a couple of times. The only thing that deters me though is at my age, they probably wouldn't take me too seriously, and if they did.. it wouldn't be with one of their more performance oriented cars.

On the other hand, my age group is known for buying budget sports cars, so you never know.

I'm 21 and I don't even have a drivers licence for a full year

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

I'm 21 and I don't even have a drivers licence for a full year
    Hmm, then maybe I should look into it. I just have to learn how to drive stick well. I've never taken an MT car further than second gear. But, I've never really been given/asked for the opportunity either. I might as well badger one of my friends to assist me in this endeavor.

Tried a few times but was more or less treated as shit because of my age. With my dad it is soooo easy, but alone or with a mate they wont even talk to their possible clients.. Not even the more shady second hand places. Screw it, I get to drive a new car or lorry almost every week now anyway

I think a bunch of UCPers have done this as well - if they ain't lying.

I have done this and usually do this 1,2 times a year. I dress professionally and drive a few cars that I am actually interested in buying. If anyone act's like im not a serious buyer or tells me that im wasting mine and their time, I act really offended and leave. Call the dealer and ask for the manager and complain about the service, give him the name of the person and what was said. They will 90% of the time ask you to come back and will let you drive almost anything. Thats how I test drove an audi s4. If you act serious dealers will generally let you drive almost anything. Just dont get sucked into putting a downpayment before you test drive a car.

Recend test drives
    350z
    audi tt
    Lexux IS300
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    I have done this and usually do this 1,2 times a year. I dress professionally and drive a few cars that I am actually interested in buying.
    I also dressed properly, AKA, not like a GTI driver

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

i walked into a BMW dealership here and acted interested about a 1 series. I show up in a G35 so i look kinda fitting to the part that maybe if i trade that i could put the same amount out to pay for a 1 series which isn't bad but i was with about 6 other friends so the people in the dealership new something was up especially since it was during school hours and we had senior shirts on so they kinda ignored us but they did crack some jokes cause we were like oh its for our graduation gifts. they were like oh well bring ur parents we'll convince them. it was cool. i was gonna ask for a summer job opportunity since i probably know more about their cars then they do. Next we stopped at a ferrari dealership down the road. they grilled us and my friends were like maybe we should leave? i said no and went inside! fun day! i hope to do a lot more testing as i get older. i know my uncle does. Especially now that i can drive stick!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

when i was looking for the A4 and had a bit of cash to flash I was allowed to drive some nice cars, mostly at independant dealers. So I drove an 04 325i, 03 IS200, new shape Passat 2.0 TDI, a few B6 A4s (1.9tdi, 2.0fsi, and the 1.8t). I also drove some less nice cars like the mazda 3, 1.6 focus, non-wrx impreza. Now I have the audi, I have had the keys to a octavia vrs (petrol), B7 audi A4 TFSI, seat leon TDI (170), ford new mondeo. I often fail miserably but I do try to wind dealers up and make any effort possible just for a test drive. I often take a good friend along (my advisor??) because it makes the dealer think you are genuinely looking and not a pyscho individual teaser. wearing work clothing (with name badge, respectable engineering company) and shiny shows always helps.

Good fun but as soon as the finance forms are out on the table run!!
    autozine.org

I said I was looking for a mk5 gti , but I also mentioned that I would be looking at a secondhand r32. For which I have an imganinary appointment later this week.

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

I said I was looking for a mk5 gti , but I also mentioned that I would be looking at a secondhand r32. For which I have an imganinary appointment later this week.
    edit: I wil like the r32 more

edit2: damn, I clicked quote

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

When I was shopping for a car at 16, a lot of places wouldn't let me drive it, even when I was with my mother. But I have never tried to test anything, thought about it though. The one thing that bothered me though was when the guy at the Scion dealer didn't think I could drive stick, so that when I finally got a shot to drive it in a parking lot (Not on public streets because of my age) he was really impressed with how good I was.

I still have a business card from a guy at VW, he told me to come in and test drive a new GTI because I said I liked it. Said my age and G2 license doesn't matter, I think I'll check it out sometime soon because I miss driving. Seems VW are pretty relaxed when it comes to testing their cars.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

bunch of tyre kicking jerks. I get so many young blokes wanting to testdrive.
    You need to be over 21 to drive by yourself generally.
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

Thread Information