Quote Originally Posted by MPME View Post
    Full gallery is here:

SPEEDtv.com - Gallery

No hi res?

Ford GT team testing for GT2 with Andy Pilgrim

Black Swan Racing testing with engineer great Jim Bell

date of article not known, but likely from late January, 2009

Absolute News Manager - Template Sample

Andy has the IMSA record for consecutive finishes without a DNF (116 races)

Andy Pilgrim - Corvette Racing

Andy won Corvette Racing's first win with the Corvette C5-R in the 2000 Grand Prix of Texas.

article about the GT2 team

Motorsport.com: Magazine channel
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

24 Le Mans entry list. Pescarolo is running a Peugeot eh.

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...te_invites.pdf

wow, looking forward for Pescarolo in the 908.
    I thought WR was an entry this year, not a reserve.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

No Dome eh?
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Maybe FIA GT could be added to the title too?

News today is that Gigawave and NISMO have partnered to race a GT-R in four races this season in FIA GT in GT1, but not for championship points. The GT-R may well use the 4.5L engine of the GT500 GT-R, and will be driven by NISMO's Michael Krumm and Darren Turner from Gigawave. The plan I suppose is to test run the GT-R in race conditions and sell it to privateers next season.

I think this is pretty cool news and I look forward to seeing how the GT-R fairs against it's GT1 competition. I'm off to see who else is in FIA GT1 this year.

Too many F430s they need more Porsches!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Maybe FIA GT could be added to the title too?

News today is that Gigawave and NISMO have partnered to race a GT-R in four races this season in FIA GT in GT1, but not for championship points. The GT-R may well use the 4.5L engine of the GT500 GT-R, and will be driven by NISMO's Michael Krumm and Darren Turner from Gigawave. The plan I suppose is to test run the GT-R in race conditions and sell it to privateers next season.

I think this is pretty cool news and I look forward to seeing how the GT-R fairs against it's GT1 competition. I'm off to see who else is in FIA GT1 this year.
    I think this year it won't be a real competitor against the other GT1s, since I presume the Gt-R will be developed to face the new regulations.
    besides, being a non championship entry, it could easily run even out of rules and gain some competitiveness as both the MC12, the DBR9 and the Murciélego R-GT did in their first appearances.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

If they take it to the 'ring I'm protesting the lap time.

Quote Originally Posted by Soloracer View Post
    Too many F430s they need more Porsches!
    #89 Hankook - Team Farnbacher used to be a Porsche team. Also, BMS Scuderia Italia was a Porsche team in 2007 in FIA GT. They switched to Ferrari for 2008. The top 2 GT1 and GT2 teams have gotten entries for the 24 Hours of Le Mans since the 2006 season. Just two Porsche GT2 teams will compete in LMS in 2009 on a full-time basis.

FIA GT Championship - News

Farnbacher Racing Official Website

Farnbacher Racing has two F430 GTCs in LMS this year.

Panoz Team PTG announce 2009 ALMS plans

February 27, 2009

with new driver Dominik Farnbacher (2nd in GT2 with Tafel Racing and Ferrari, 5th in GT2 with Tafel Racing and Porsche)

Former Series LMP2 champion Ian James will join Farnbacher for the season opener at the 57th Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring presented by Fresh from Florida on March 18-21

2nd driver tbd

American Le Mans Series :: World Class

AUTO-RACING - ALMS: Panoz Team PTG Announces 2009 Program - SPEEDtv.com

FIA GT Championship - Driver biography - Dominik Farnbacher

They started 2008 with Yokohama Advan tires, switched to Dunlops, and then moved back to Yokohama Advan tires at Road America last August. PTG returned to ALMS with BMW in 2006 (after Grand-Am's GT class had tube-frame machines) and has been with Panoz since 2007.

PTGRacing.com - Panoz Team PTG - 2009

ADVAN - Staging site selection

Yokohama

Yokohama Tire, Panoz Team PTG Continue Partnership in ALMS Racing for Testing and Development

YouTube - TeamPTGRacing's Channel

Élan Motorsport Technologies made lots and lots of changes to the Panoz Esperante GTLM in 2008.

Elan Motorsports

2004 Panoz Esperante GTLM - Images, Specifications and Information

http://www.americanlemans.com/News/N...turedImage.JPG
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by togos452 View Post
    #89 Hankook - Team Farnbacher used to be a Porsche team. Also, BMS Scuderia Italia was a Porsche team in 2007 in FIA GT. They switched to Ferrari for 2008. The top 2 GT1 and GT2 teams have gotten entries for the 24 Hours of Le Mans since the 2006 season. Just two Porsche GT2 teams will compete in LMS in 2009 on a full-time basis.
    I was not aware of all the team changes excluding the Farnbacher switch. Thanks for the update.

After his test session with Oreca, Petter Solberg has been offered a seat in the Oreca Courage team for the full LMS season, plus his already planned entry in the 24hrs of Le Mans. He know that he don't have time to do all rounds in the LMS due to crashing WRC events, though he still states the situation as a luxury-problem and has to choose what races he will do. He says that he can do some LMS rounds.

It will be interesting to see if he can do good in a LMP car.

autosport.com - Le Mans News: Lola angered by Richards' comments

pretty arrogant on AMR's part, especially considering they wouldn't even have a car if it weren't for the Lola Coupe solution.....and I doubt the alteration will be nearly as completely as Acura did with Courage's chassis over 2 seasons....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    pretty arrogant on AMR's part, especially considering they wouldn't even have a car if it weren't for the Lola Coupe solution.....and I doubt the alteration will be nearly as completely as Acura did with Courage's chassis over 2 seasons....
    And Acura probably paid a handsome amount of money to Courage to be allowed to run the cars as Acuras. Something Aston Martin apparently refused to do.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Audi boss Rupert Stadler says that Sebring won't bade Audi's song of "Our Farewell" for the ALMS in 2009-R15s to return for Petit Le Mans and likely Laguna Seca.
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

Thread Information