Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Weight Loss

Dude, just had a quick lookover this thread - dont believe the scaremongering! Its human nature to think the worst. Everybody in my year (medics) has at one point thought they would die from cancer/rare infection/ congenital abnormality.
    From what Ive read, its unlikely to be hyperthyroidism, you tend to have increased appetite, and other symptoms like irritabilty, fidgeting, sweating etc.
    You're a young guy, type II diabetes isnt as common as type I. But you havent got any of the fairly serious symptoms that presents with (drinking and peeing loads, breathing faster). And note, in both conditions, you tend to feel pretty unwell, not just a bit lazy and tired.

But, as many have said, go see your Dr. Im sure they'll appreciate you coming down and sharing your worries.
    Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post
    Repost only cause you skinny guys who brag about how much crap you can eat deserve it.
    http://ezinearticles.com/?Obesity:--...rous&id=241883
    It's not really hidden fat at all with me - it's all on my brain
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade View Post
    From what Ive read, its unlikely to be hyperthyroidism, you tend to have increased appetite, and other symptoms like irritabilty, fidgeting, sweating etc.
    You're a young guy, type II diabetes isnt as common as type I. But you havent got any of the fairly serious symptoms that presents with (drinking and peeing loads, breathing faster). And note, in both conditions, you tend to feel pretty unwell, not just a bit lazy and tired.
    but you then also know that once you got diabetes, whatever type, you will never ever get rid of it....so avoiding the chances of getting it, by controlling your weight is a useful activity....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I have a friend that's adrenaline glads pump out too much adrenaline so he heats sooo much, but it doesnt turn to saturated fat. How cool is that?! Although, I dunno why I'm on about that, I eat so much rubbish and never get fat, I just seem to get taller and taller...
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    I have a friend that's adrenaline glads pump out too much adrenaline so he heats sooo much, but it doesnt turn to saturated fat. How cool is that?!
    Not particularly. I imagine he'll be a little annoyed when his heart fails.
    Last edited by 2ndclasscitizen; 07-18-2007 at 07:45 PM.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information