Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini Paceman Concept

Mini Paceman Concept

Mini Paceman Concept

A new MINI design concept will make its debut at the 2011 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) which will be held between January 10 and 23, 2011. The MINI Paceman Concept is the first Sports Activity Coupé in the premium small segment of the market.

The MINI Paceman Concept study establishes a new category of car combining the fundamental MINI DNA - dynamic capability, individual design - and gives them a fresh twist with the help of cutting edge technology and an innovative new body concept. The MINI Paceman combines the classical MINI concept with the defining features of the MINI Countryman and the style of a coupe. The result is a MINI with visual 'muscle car' design cues, displaying its dynamic capability from every angle.

Although no decision has been made about a future production version, Paceman could form yet another building block in the development of the MINI brand.

"It is ten years exactly since the new MINI was launched to the US market so there is a happy symmetry in presenting an all-new concept at the Detroit Show" said Jochen Goller, MINI Director for BMW UK Ltd. "Following last year's launch of the MINI Countryman and the forthcoming launches of the MINI Coupé and Roadster, the MINI Paceman Concept shows once again not only the innovative spirit and adventure among its design team, but also the potential breadth of the MINI brand as it grows and develops."

Mini-Paceman_Concept_2011_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg Mini-Paceman_Concept_2011_800x600_wallpaper_06.jpg

Drive system: powerful and efficient.

The MINI Paceman Concept has been designed to allow the deployment of the most powerful engine currently available in the MINI palette. The MINI John Cooper Works 1.6-litre twin-scroll turbocharged engine gives the MINI Paceman Concept the capacity to deliver the outstanding performance its appearance promises. This 16 valve, four cylinder unit develops 211 hp and generates maximum torque of 260 Nm (192 lb-ft), the latter value having the capacity to reach 280 Nm (207 lb-ft) in brief bursts thanks to the Overboost function.

Its MINI Countryman roots give this new MINI concept study an ideal platform for the MINI ALL4 permanent all-wheel-drive system. ALL4 features an electromagnetic centre differential positioned directly on the final drive which varies the distribution of power seamlessly between the front and rear axles. In normal driving conditions up to 50 per cent of the drive is sent to the rear wheels, but in extreme situations as much as 100 per cent can be directed to the rear.

The MINI Paceman Concept is, of course, also available in two wheel drive form but harnessing the power of the punchy four-cylinder engine in all-wheel-drive form offers an extra dose of driving fun through a traction-led, sporting expression of the agile handling for which MINI is famed.

MINI Paceman Concept: an idea ahead of the game - once again.

The MINI Paceman Concept embodies the idea of an incomparable driving experience in a way that meets the needs of modern, lifestyle-oriented customers but it also remains true to the character of the MINI brand.

"With the MINI Countryman having already opened up a fascinating new avenue in the expansion of the brand family, the designers are now tapping into the potential of its state-of-the-art drive technology and flexible space concept to develop additional market opportunities in a coupé sibling" explained Jochen Goller.

"The MINI Paceman Concept aims to deliver a particularly emotional driving experience and demonstrates this ability in a style typical of the brand. I believe we are offering clear evidence of how totally new vehicle concepts can still be developed through unconventional creativity" he concluded.

why are Mini are making this car, i don't know, most of the cars mini have made are so similar so why do they need another one.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

That's basically a 2 door Countryman, isn't it?

What's the point?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    That's basically a 2 door Countryman, isn't it?

What's the point?
    BMW once again answering a question nobody asked, and then some idiots will start buying these things.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

With yet another Mini Stupid Concept, we are yet again answering a question that we thought no-one was asking in the first place. As ever we hope the market proves us right, but if we find enough Blithering Idiots, we'll laugh at them while rolling in yet more money. Next we'll.. I don't know.. do a Mini 7 Series? Christ, that's about stupid enough to work...
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Again brochure, if you cut and paste an article include a link to the source. Failure to do so can get the site in trouble for copyright violation. This isn't the first time you have done this.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    BMW once again answering a question nobody asked, and then some idiots will start buying these things.
    But this is even more pointless than usual. I'd never buy one but, I can sort of see the point of the Countryman, it's a bit like a practical alternative to the standard Mini.

But this seems to have all the disadvantages of the Countryman (weight, high CG, slower, thirstier,...) with none of the advantages (practicality and space).
    Visca Catalunya!

But this is even more pointless than usual. I'd never buy one but, I can sort of see the point of the Countryman, it's a bit like a practical alternative to the standard Mini.

But this seems to have all the disadvantages of the Countryman (weight, high CG, slower, thirstier,...) with none of the advantages (practicality and space).
    the Landrover sales guy at the Paris autoshow whom I talked to about the market for the new Evoque, mentioned that they were aiming at the Mini clientele. This new concept looks like a small version of the Evoque.....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    the Landrover sales guy at the Paris autoshow whom I talked to about the market for the new Evoque, mentioned that they were aiming at the Mini clientele. This new concept looks like a small version of the Evoque.....
    Really, but I thought... oh wait. Sometimes I forgot that cars are almost always bought for the completely wrong reasons.
    Visca Catalunya!

Really, but I thought... oh wait. Sometimes I forgot that cars are almost always bought for the completely wrong reasons.
    yes, nobody wants to look stupid.....deliberately.

Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    Again brochure, if you cut and paste an article include a link to the source. Failure to do so can get the site in trouble for copyright violation. This isn't the first time you have done this.
    so sorry i forgot, i will try to rember.

i think if Mini stop these pointless car Mini and BMW will save a lot of money.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

^^^ gah.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Don't act so surprised. It appears to be the X6's retarded cousin with the fake British accent.
    Turning money into memories.

Darn, it wasn't a Mini Pacman?

I do have a Mini, but this one, although having a good style (as opposed to the countryman), is, as some of you pointed above, meaningless.

I´d rather prefer a brand that makes only small-pretty-furious cars than making a lot of cars outside the real mini concept, but, this is XXI century and it does sales very good.
    Live and let die

The MINI small cars the first sport activities coupe in the small cars segment. This are very look stylish and attractive.This cars completely look royal and feature are amazing....

Thread Information