0 0%
  • Toyota

0 0%
  • Renault

2 6.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2004 F1 opinions and forecast

2004 F1 opinions and forecast

I would like everyone to take the poll, and add a comment to the thread based on what your predictions of this F1 series will be like. Will Ferrari win again? Or will there be an outsider come busting through to take the series?

I would love to see Renault (if they can get their shit straight compared to last year) or BMW to get on top, along with the McLaren team close behind, if not in first. Ferrari is most likely everyones bet for this year, and it's pretty obvious why, but I wouldn't mind seeing someone else be happy for a change. The BAR Honda seems fit this year, should be interesting to watch them as they try to get a solid year.
    Taking in donations for a Lancia Delta Integrale, please be considerate of a fellow forum member....:)

This season will be more difficult for Ferrari but I think that they will win once again one of two championships

im expecting great things from jaguar. webber and the R5 should be able to pull of some good results
    I am the Stig

I think Ferrari have to be the favourites. They should have a great car with all their experience and finance, and they undoubtedly have the best driver line-up. However, I don't think it will be easy for them with Kimi in the Mclaren being the biggest threat. Also rumour has it that the Michelin tyre is going to be better than the Bridgestone (Ferrari's choice of tyre), BAR even went so far as to cancel their contract with Bridgestone (which was due to run for at least one more year) so they could get their hands on the Michelins.

Ferrari will probably win again like they do every year but I hope Mclaren can do a little better than last year and win the championship. I think Kimi and DC can win if they have a good car.

I think Ferrari will have a great chance this year due to their incredible reliability which will be priceless with the one engine rule.

I don't see any big surprises, I don't put much trust in test times therefor the BAR times don't raise my hopes for them. In addition the Honda engines have not recently been reliable.

If there was a surprise for me it would be to see Renault up front, then again I've pretty much been expecting them to maybe win a few this year.

McLaren is struggling and trying to develope that dual clutch, sounds like a recipe for breakdowns. Kimi's recent comments about the car didn't sound promising.

Like last year the outcome will be largely determined by tyres and B'stone have improved, their tyre design is more squared off like Michelin.

Sauber could be the spoiler taking points from some of the top 4 teams since they have a current Ferrari engine package and basically an F2003GA chassis.

It will be David Coulthard's year.
    ( In-joke foir the F1 cogniscenti )

Ferrari will, as usual, have Schumacher and reliability on their side. As long as Bridgestone gets the job done, they are the ones to beat. Barrichello is very promissing as usual, but he needs to find consistency and have more of his great weekends.

Williams has a potentially great car a reliability that only puts them behind Ferrari. Both drivers are strong, but too much equal. As happened in the last two seasons, they can very frequently steal points from each other, which should benefit McLaren and Ferrari, who don't lose too many points between their own drivers. Both Montoya and Ralf must have by now realized they commited far too many mistakes last season, they shouldn't repeat them.

McLaren is a great question. Nobody knows for sure how fast and reliable they are. Raikkonen, with his proved consistency and speed, is a strong threat to all other drivers on top teams and he is onw to be watched. He is now familiar to the pressure and tension of fighting for a title and he knows exactly what kind of mistakes not to commit. Coulthard is in almost the same position Barrichello is. He must find some more consistency and have some more of his good weekends if he expects to win the title.

Renault, as BAR, seems very strong in testing. Both teams have very promissing drivers, but they must first get rid of all reliability problems that haunted them during last season, because it already seems as if they have the speed to constantly fight for podium finishes and some races here and there.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

Oh, and I predict the WDC will go to either Ferrari or McLaren and WCC will go to either Ferrari or Williams.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

Wirdheim joined Jag today as third driver.

I think Kimi Raikkonen will win the WDC, and i hope McLaren will win the WCC, but I think that is a long shot.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

isnt mclaren partners with mercedes because its called mercedes mclaren?

Quote Originally Posted by Chinky_boi
    isnt mclaren partners with mercedes because its called mercedes mclaren?
    Same as wth BMW-Williams.

Mercedes are providing the engine.
    McLaren are responsible for everything else !!

Money buys the name and writes the history

My bet will be on the Ferraris.

I think Ferrari will do it again this season BUT...I hope BAR can step up with their attack.

Only two weeks to go now... And I'll be in the crowd at the Aust GP this year. Can't wait.

Hopefully Montoya will be able to pull it off this year, but I have a feeling that the political situation in the Williams team won't be too comfortable for him since he's off next year.
    So, realistically it will probably be Schumi v Kimi. In that case I'll back Schumi again. Looking at testing the BARs and Renaults could surprise, and hopefully we'll see Webber getting into the top 5 on occasions this year. Should be good...

Thread Information