Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Sebring 12 Hours

2009 Sebring 12 Hours

In less than two weeks time the American Le Mans Series will kick off with the Sebring 12 Hours. We will be joining the fun and will report on an ALMS race for the first time on the main page. With Audi vs. Acura vs. Peugeot, it promises to become the big showdown of the season.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

One very exciting support feature will see David Brabham drive the Cooper that his father pushed across the line at the Sebring GP fifty years earlier. The massive effort earned him the first of his three F1 World Championships.

AUTO-RACING - ALMS: Brabham to Drive Father's '59 Cooper on 50th Anniv - SPEEDtv.com
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Speed will show all of it except for two hours of friggin NASCAR Bristol qualy/practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Speed will show all of it except for two hours of friggin NASCAR Bristol qualy/practice.
    Those damn speed people.
    Cal Naughton, Jr.: So when you say psychosomatic, you mean like he could start a fire with his thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by MPME View Post
    Those damn speed people.
    seriously.

is there anything you can do to get the powers that be to show less nascar? i almost never watch speed these days because it all nascar, monster trucks, pinks, and unique whips (the worst show on speed). can't we get more real racing?
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    11 hours of coverage is more than they showed last year. I'm glad Versus will cover both the 2009 IndyCar Series and the Firestone Indy Lights Series, but Speed will show the Patron IMSA GT3 Challenge by Yokohama for the first time.

I hope Autocon Motorsports has a great endurance race.
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Hopefully the race will be a 3 makes race from beginning to end....that would be epic....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I won't complain about 10 hours of coverage. NASCAR pays the bills for Speed and they provide sports cars and F1 almost as a favor to the rest of us.

Thank you, Speed.

I went to Sebring last year and it was serioulsy hot so if you go make sure you take or buy plenty of liquids. The only concession stands were right behind the pits so don't expect to find any concession stands in remote areas of the track. Also for much of the track campers are right upagainst the fences so it is difficult to find any good viewing around the first and last few turns. However there is some great viewing in the back half especially by the hotel. I would go back this year but they charged me for parking last year even though I could not find a spot inside the track. When I worte to request a refund just for parking I was ignored so I won't go back.

Road Atlanta...and many other tracks are way better than Sebring for spectating.

Wouter, be prepared for a taste of American culture at its worst. Unfortunately Sebring happens during spring break. About half of the crowd consist of drunken/barefoot/redneck/Floridian teenagers who are completely oblivious to the race. A trip to Petit Le Mans in the fall would give a fairer impression of the ALMS.

PS don't go into greenpark after dusk

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    Wouter, be prepared for a taste of American culture at its worst. Unfortunately Sebring happens during spring break. About half of the crowd consist of drunken/barefoot/redneck/Floridian teenagers who are completely oblivious to the race. A trip to Petit Le Mans in the fall would give a fairer impression of the ALMS.

PS don't go into greenpark after dusk
    Fortunately there usually is a fence between me and the 'fans.'

(Ted Joans)

lol, if you are on the track then they probably won't pay attention to you....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I hope Risi wins another crazy GT2 endurance race.
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Pictures on flickr

Flickr: Search

Thread Information