Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 F1 predictions

Hey Guys, we got off the topic! 2009 is going to be a season that is So topsy turvy. Some team will come Out & kick butt 1st.KERs or aero. Where does that leave the Driver`s Who do You Think will Prevail.

I think sometimes manufacturers just luck into things to an extent - this is a cop out and someone with a better knowledge of the tech and personnel of Renault in 2005 and 2006 would be better suited to comment but sometimes middle of the pack teams jump to the fore for various reasons - sometimes even mediocre personnel can come up with an ingenious new idea that gives a team an edge until the rest catch up. Renault did have Alonso at that period and the mysterious mass-damper until it was banned in mid-2006 - afterwards Ferrari were resurgent and made a fight of it. Other than these two things and potentially lucking into a good design I don't know really.

forager, what were you referring to when you said "OK, That was Rude"?

Mr. Forager like his punctuations.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Hi Guys; back to 09 predictions. O Woe doom, gloom. DR might get the ex honda, but He`s got less than 2mos. to put that Team on the Grid! New Engine,Last Place, Will We see another Team go down. Possible! My predicts for 09, same as last year. Mac & ferrari will punch each other out for WDC & WCC. Toyota & Renault will annouce their withdrawl. Williams will slide closer to bankruptcy, closing their doors 2010. Force India, Gone midseason STR RBR 1 Team will be gone 1st. 4 races of the season. Go Ahead Hate ME

That's pretty drastic forager - that'd leave only BMW, Ferrari, and McLaren on the grid from the 2008 season in 2010.

Things are bad but I don't think that bad and the drastic changes coming may allow some of the teams to stay in until the tide is turned and the situation stabalises. Mind you, it'd be interesting if the sport collapsed entirely I think.

Can, You people at least come up with an allturnitve

Ferrari changes their color to green in an effort to look more eco-friendly. mclaren pounce and paint their cars red in an effort to gain some support from the tifosi. williams gives up the toyota power plant, and instead resort to engines built by autovaz, 4 cyl engines putting out 8 hp/liter. bmw dont change a thing from this year, and end up being disqualified due to not meeting the sporting regs. they counter by plugging a 9 volt battery into their car and saying it's a KERS system. redbull and STR come up with a way of making their cars run on taurine, and complete the sponsor/owner circle. this works for 3 races, at which point their cars decide they have had enough of it, and make a break sans driver. toyota have no idea whats going on, and decide their best course of action it to scrap their car and just send old drift supra turbos out instead. when asked about why they dont have a KERS system, they say that technically the turbo is a KERS system. the honda team is bought by a wealthy british nut-job, and he decides to name it Arrows...again, and that team falls apart...again. and finally takuma sato starts his own team so he can race again, fielding a toyota powered tricycle. he gets 4 points for the season (or 2 medals, which ever comes first).
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    Ferrari changes their color to green in an effort to look more eco-friendly. mclaren pounce and paint their cars red in an effort to gain some support from the tifosi. williams gives up the toyota power plant, and instead resort to engines built by autovaz, 4 cyl engines putting out 8 hp/liter. bmw dont change a thing from this year, and end up being disqualified due to not meeting the sporting regs. they counter by plugging a 9 volt battery into their car and saying it's a KERS system. redbull and STR come up with a way of making their cars run on taurine, and complete the sponsor/owner circle. this works for 3 races, at which point their cars decide they have had enough of it, and make a break sans driver. toyota have no idea whats going on, and decide their best course of action it to scrap their car and just send old drift supra turbos out instead. when asked about why they dont have a KERS system, they say that technically the turbo is a KERS system. the honda team is bought by a wealthy british nut-job, and he decides to name it Arrows...again, and that team falls apart...again. and finally takuma sato starts his own team so he can race again, fielding a toyota powered tricycle. he gets 4 points for the season (or 2 medals, which ever comes first).
    Reading this made my night.

I was thinking more along the lines of everbody dying. At the first corner in Melbourne all the drivers will suffocate because the teams will not have allowad any room in their budgets for air and then hit the budget cap.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Sorry for my spelling mistakes. R.D stepping down. Briatore soon Who else They have all made their millions You pick the crap up! Where does that leave You & Me The Fan. No Us. No Can. No Fra. Germany in doubt. So is England!!! Am I Pissed. Do You need to ask. You Me The Fan have been Lied to for so many Years! 4give typos I hope 4 way next yr. my computer is not niceÉ see

Hey; CMM pokey whatever good drugs right What the **** are You doing HERE go away this is a web site for motorsport fans

Hey; watch this. Ičll be the 1 to take the shite for this. So Be it.

F6 Hell cat What the Frack ever.Are YOu the Worlds # 1 Goof or What

I Guess this this My Prediction for 09

OK, No amount of hope will bring Honda Back. Two Teams will not make it through the 09 Season. Worse Yet, 2 more Teams will announce their retirement before 2010.; The two Teams in Question. Force Indian & STR Those Teams are gone. Nobody in Their right mind will continue to finance such a losing proposistion. My Hope is for Sir Frank Williams. there is more than tradition at stake.God save the Queen, God save Lotus, God save Tryyell, God Save SIR Frank Williams. GOD SAVE F1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by forager View Post
    D. Richards is way to smart to spend His own money. Right now, in this Economic climate? who is?
    The David Richards/Prodrive rumours generally also indicate Richards will be backed by the same Arab investors that he was involved with in buying Aston Martin.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information