Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: PS3 killed X360

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Halo is not a good game. I think Cotterik said that. Well, f it, I won't even bother arguing against that because it's the best console game ever, imho.
    What does Halo do that other games don't? OK the multiplayer is pretty fun, but the single player is extremely uninventive. CVG.com recently expressed their disliking for Halo 2, even bungie admitted it wasnt what it should be. The PC release is even worse.

If we're talking about the best console game ever, we'd have to take in the likes of tomb raider, supermario and GTA. Halo is just a space shoot-em-up which microsoft uses as their benchmark. Even in stupid occasions like comparing halo DX9 to Crysis DX10 to sell vista.

Unreal Tournament beats halo in every aspect. But that's still not the best game ever made.

Also, I agree with NC in a way. I know its jumping on the old bandwagon but the PC avoids all console-debates and can play games from every platform. Use every controller and has better graphics. I'm not starting another PC vs Console debate, but its the ultimate truth. Fanboyizm aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    I'm not starting another PC vs Console debate, but its the ultimate truth. Fanboyizm aside.
    There is no one, absolute truth. Therefore, that comment = fanboyizm.

But I've owned and own consoles from all generations and brands. I just always find myself coming back to pc. Although I have to say. PC + 360 controller = win

So you're not denying the fanboy comment then.

Sweeping Generalisations FTL
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Yes I am denying it. I'm a great fan of all computer games, whether that means handheld, console, or pc. I think the 360 in itself is a fantastic console to play, i loved the ps2. I am yet to play the PS3. I respect them all just as much as one another. I do spend more time playing on my PC but thats just because I chose to upgrade my machine rather than buy a ps3 and 360 to play the latest games. But if I had the money, I'd have them all.

I'm not a pc gaming fanboy atall. Not given my gaming history.

Your forum history on the other hand, labels you as a total PC fanboy.

It depends on what you want out of a gaming system, that makes one the best for you.

Maybe because in the current next-gen season I chose PC over console so thats my current focus point. But it doesn't mean i dont like consoles

I agree with the above statement too.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxurioux View Post
    Arent we going off the main topic ? Well.. your liquid nitrogen crap will some day back fire on you and you will have to surrender to it and then worship it and blah blah blah....
    Everybody is. It was never meant to start any debates.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    So you're not denying the fanboy comment then.

Sweeping Generalisations FTL
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Your forum history on the other hand, labels you as a total PC fanboy.

It depends on what you want out of a gaming system, that makes one the best for you.
    I believe there are much more console fanboys than PC fanboys.

Maybe because in the current next-gen season I chose PC over console so thats my current focus point. But it doesn't mean i dont like consoles

I agree with the above statement too.
    Same here. First I chose PS2 in the last-last generation, but realized that the quality of games aren't gonna get any better so I made the switch to PC. I've been enjoying X360 quality games long before the console itself was released.

So X360 came out, my bro bought one and then we've played for a few days. It just didn't do the job for me, as I had a 7900GT at the time and it was slightly better quality than what the X360 has to offer, plus it wasn't even the top card and 8-series was only about a few months away from launch. My bro returned the X360 and I built him a PC.

Then the PS3 came out, my bro bought it and again we played it for a few days. We weren't about to return it seeing that it's actually pretty good, but then my dog came in the room and started wagging his tail and thus knocking over the vertically standing PS3 off the table. It was half-dead so that's when we returned it seeing they don't have any in stock for replacement.

And here's what got us completely cut off from consoles: 8800. We went and picked 2 of them up a few days after returning the PS3, one GTS and one GTX. I took the GTX and my bro took the GTS. They were just amazing, totally blowing away the quality of X360 and PS3 offered us. This very 8800 in my PC made me believe that the "high-definition" part of the consoles is false advertising. The image is much clearer on a PC, plus it does a much better job at distant texture and anti-aliasing. While what I see on consoles is about 2-4x AA and 4-8x AF, I can max out all the games on at least 8x AA and 16x AF, which completely eliminate the jagged edges of 3D objects and actually render the distant textures. I bought my 22" monitor for the 8800 and it was still giving me the same performance at a much higher resolution. I've decided that PC is the true next-gen high-definition gaming platform. Consoles aren't gonna get any better than half a decent PC for another half a decade.

It's obvious that PC is better than consoles. It should, for its price. Consoles are better if you have a tight budget, but you know what they say: You get what you paid for.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap View Post
    yeah but the PC fanboys make up for their lack of numbers with their bigotry/blindness/elitism/lack of friends
    It's obvious that PC is better than consoles. It should, for its price. Consoles are better if you have a tight budget, but you know what they say: You get what you paid for.
    law of diminishing returns...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

there is no flaw in NC's point. Geek or no geek.

Rayman Raving Rabbids on Nintendo DS > all games evAr. Especially when you're stuck in a compressed tube hurtling through the air at 500mph with screaming kids behind you, and the only things you have to keep you sane is a drug-induced game and a can of Sprite...
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

They are for different audiences. For example, practically the only games I play are GTA series games. I hardly ever play games at all - so all I need is a PS3 for when GTA4 comes out and I'm happy. I don't need to go out and spend big on a PC because gaming doesn't make up a large part of my free time. I do agree though that PCs provide the better gaming experience.

but you know what they say: You get what you paid for.
    No you don't - the PS3 is a rip off
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE View Post
    No you don't - the PS3 is a rip off
    No, it's not.

$1000
    -Plays BluRay disks

$600
    -Plays BluRay disks
    -Plays PS3 games
    -Plays PS2 games
    -Surfs Internet
    -Gets you laid*

*Results may vary.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I think we've all learned a valuable lesson here. Don't screw with former (or current) Best buy staff.

the PC avoids all console-debates and can play games from every platform. Use every controller and has better graphics. I'm not starting another PC vs Console debate, but its the ultimate truth. Fanboyizm aside.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    I'd like you to explain to me how my Poststructuralist response to Rik's comment is console fanboyism.

Thread Information