Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Auto Italia 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I'm in favour of certain modernisation/modification but modern big wheels and low profile tyres just look wrong in those cars.
    I would have to agree with you Ferrer, they are not to my taste or want either. Non sympatico. But sadly they are very much in vogue at the moment and personally I find it odd why many enthusiasts seem doomed to follow like sheep only the 'latest trends' in car appearance & mods. They end up looking like an automotive version of those facile Harley biker clones (eg retired accountants who go for a putt on their scoot with their bros)

The worst wheels of all imo are those chromey 'techno' gladiator abominations, so common and typecast today even if they do cost a fortune. Then get some neons, the fart cannon, a monster tacho inside plus multiple chrome gauges on the bonnet, add a bit of the doof-doof and you're all set!

Indeed regards looks and also my driving bias, it is more toward normal high-profile tyres on traditional old-style wheels (stock or aftermarket) which allows you to enjoy getting your machine sliding a bit, even at sane and modest speeds on public roads. A lot of idiots today spend more money on their wheel/tyre combo than the net value of their entire car!

Unfortunately it seems that ricing doesn't stop with Hondas...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Hugo and me have just agreed that it is to be called "spaghettiing"
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    In the case of the 124, I remember driving a rusty one some years ago that was absolutely standard, and it was amazingly fast and agile in original condition. I bet that "bigfoot" version can't handle better.
    Yes it well might grip better but not handle as good. Of Fiats I've driven more than a couple of the 124 sport coupes as well, they were popular here, a fine drive in their day and the 1400cc AC looks best imo. My dear old Auntie owned a 132 2000cc for yonks (9 years iirc) and it proved surprisingly reliable with a fair dose of brio, but the rust killed it. The 131 Supermiafiori (?) 2000cc was a decent rwd sporty sedan, a girlfriend had one. She was a real Fiat hard-case .. before that one she used to own an old 1500 (the Mk III version was a great model btw) which on the bootlid was labelled in script 'Millesienquenchento' (spl?) and she kept that huge badge when she sold it and hung it up on the wall!

Curious as to which you (or others) least prefer to see .. a spagettified Fiat 124 or a riced-out RX3 Mazda?

Personally I think it's a cultural tie, as when stock they both (dare I say it?) today rate imo as 'classics'

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    ...which on the bootlid was labelled in script 'Millesienquenchento' (spl?) and she kept that huge badge when she sold it and hung it up on the wall!
    Millecinquecento.
    Curious as to which you (or others) least prefer to see .. a spagettified Fiat 124 or a riced-out RX3 Mazda?

Personally I think it's a cultural tie, as when stock they both (dare I say it?) today rate imo as 'classics'
    Can I go with none?

EDIT
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Hugo and me have just agreed that it is to be called "spaghettiing"
    LOL
    Last edited by Ferrer; 03-28-2007 at 09:48 AM.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

no it is not, I clearly loath all these oversized, bling bling wheels on any car...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Couple more pics to go
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last two
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information