Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 vs. Champcar

Formula 1 vs. Champcar

I think a Formula 1 car would be faster on a racetrack, because they are lighter and such.
    On an oval a Champcar would win I think; Their engines last longer.
    Friends say that I've always got a smile on my face.

Formula Cars will always win hands down. The cars may be two different styles but you can't compare to the quality of the drivers. F1 will always win

Lasst year F1 and CART raced in Montreal, on the Gilles Villeneuve race track. I don't remember the numbers exactly, but F1 cars were many seconds faster than the CART cars. Even though Montreal is a track that does favour F1 cars, I expect them to be faster than CART cars on any other race track.

It's not possible to imagine a comparision at oval courses, simply because F1 cars are not built to be raced on ovals.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

I'm afraid your comparing chalk and cheese. The rule books are VERY different; I'm afraid they may look outwardly similar; they aren't.

i dont think so

ya its true that they are light but tha t also never proves they can get good speed
    heavier cars having more displacement can definitely run faster.

Quote Originally Posted by neerav.galathia View Post
    ya its true that they are light but tha t also never proves they can get good speed
    just a little practice with the font size and you will find your way here..welcome..
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by neerav.galathia View Post
    well what makes power? diplacement alone?..no. A powerful engine can be light and low in capacity. If the car is light then torque is of less significance, hence lower capacities (ignoring forced induction) can be used. I hope you fit in here but I say think (and learn to use font sizes properly) before maing odd claims..
    autozine.org

Difference between faster and quicker, F1 might be quicker but champ might be faster. I dont really know because I find both boring to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
    Difference between faster and quicker, F1 might be quicker but champ might be faster. I dont really know because I find both boring to watch.
    What's your poison?

f1 is more about state of the art technology. Yes there are similarities in the their layout. But for sure around a track the f1 car ought to be quicker, and obviously on an oval the champcar would win.

also i beleive the driving style is quite different, in f1 its more about finnese, while in champcar its more like muscling around

also i beleive the driving style is quite different, in f1 its more about finnese, while in champcar its more like muscling around
    Champ Car has physically larger, heavier cars and engines with a narrower powerband. F1 in comparison the performance is very linear.
    I am the Stig

concluded. Topic of thread is boring.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Here's an article that may be of interest for comparison:-

it isn't about power or dilevery of power..
    currently F1 have tractional control and carbon brakes- definately makes a faster trip around a circuit..
    Champcar has Steel brakes nad no traction control. lap times will be seconds off when you need more room to stop and more time feather throttle to apply power- the fundamentals of each formula are for different ends so comparison is moot. Champcars hav more room to show error and provide for error, where as in F1 the driver can show lesss error and have more technological aids to help out.
    Mansell thought champcar (CART) was worth a title to have, Andretti the first did a well, Paul Stoddart... so many see the good of the racing.
    And the champcar beat the toyota F1 around laguna seca- not the best comparo but it did (more power via push to pass i believe....)

both are the most boring forms of m/sport now, if they want to liven them up then they should make the F1 cars have a proper clutch and stick shift, proper slick tyres, at least then it would be more about the driver driving the car.

Champ car they need real circuits to race on instead of going round in circles and get rid of the turbo's

Thread Information