Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 24 Hours of Le Mans (June 13 - 14)

Le Mans 2009: Peugeot protest Audi | Teams | Racecar Engineering

Peugeot's protest, which I think in the way how the rule wording says may actually have some ground....certainly seems to be more solid than the symmetrical wing issue...

FYI for the N. American, the "wing" here means the fenders.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Audi's are quicker so far, although 3:30,7 is still not last year 3:18. Peugeot has already had a clutch failure. Interesting that Pescarolo's 908 is yet 4th overall, i.e. the second quickest Peugeot.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by faksta; 06-11-2009 at 02:02 AM.

It was wet for most of the session so these times are not really representative of the outright pace.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Le Mans 2009: Peugeot protest Audi | Teams | Racecar Engineering

Peugeot's protest, which I think in the way how the rule wording says may actually have some ground....certainly seems to be more solid than the symmetrical wing issue...

FYI for the N. American, the "wing" here means the fenders.
    ACO rejects protest, Peugeot counters with appeal...and so it goes round.

Planetlemans.com | ACO rejects Peugeot protest, Peugeot appeals

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Audi's are quicker so far, although 3:30,7 is still not last year 3:18. Peugeot has already had a clutch failure. Interesting that Pescarolo's 908 is yet 4th overall, i.e. the second quickest Peugeot.
    I don't think they will get anywhere near the times as last year. Audis fast lap was set in the dry/damp just before the rain came.

On a side note, if anyone wants any of the practice, qualifying or racing...let me know and I can provide it to you.
    "Consider all things - the events of your past and the possibilities for tommorow.
    Let nothing stop you from becoming the architect of your future." - Nicholas Hill

I also think the last year times will stand, taking the revised aerodynamics into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Reason View Post
    I don't think they will get anywhere near the times as last year. Audis fast lap was set in the dry/damp just before the rain came.

On a side note, if anyone wants any of the practice, qualifying or racing...let me know and I can provide it to you.
    I'm obviously interested in the racing
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I also think the last year times will stand, taking the revised aerodynamics into account.
    Yeah especially since the petrol cars are only 5secs off the pace of the diesel instead of 16+ seconds like last year. This year the ACO wanted to keep the times around the 3:30 mark which based on the damp/dry practice seems to be true. I wouldn't be surprised if they go below that mark but I don't think by much.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I'm obviously interested in the racing
    I will be providing that when it starts. Practice was pretty interesting though...I think qualifying will be just as interesting.
    "Consider all things - the events of your past and the possibilities for tommorow.
    Let nothing stop you from becoming the architect of your future." - Nicholas Hill

They've been below 3:30 for a few years now....they always want to keep it below that mark, but not always been able to....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Reason View Post
    Yes, by the way, what is an offer? Paid or free, what years or series Maybe I would be interested too.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    They've been below 3:30 for a few years now....they always want to keep it below that mark, but not always been able to....
    I got that but this year they are really restricting it and rumors are based on some of the speeds (6mph off the pace so far) is that they will be around the 3:23-3:25 mark at the front.
    Yes, by the way, what is an offer? Paid or free, what years or series Maybe I would be interested too.
    All free. Mainly all of 2009 so far...I can try to get older stuff. I do this for my love of motorsports racing so I don't get paid for the time and effort I put into it. So far the series including the following...ALMS, SuperGT, WSBK, MotoGP, F1, WRC, LeMans, FIA GT (GT3 & GT4), IRL & 24H of Nurburgring.

That's great, Reason! It seems like a start of a big collection.

Back to the subject, the Peugeot cars have now taken the opportunity to revenge. Montagny is 3:25,6, while Lamy is 3:27,6. A petrol Sebah Lola-Aston is already doing a 3:30,5, while Pescarolo's Peugeot is in a back of a lion pack (3:32,6). With such times and a decent amount of luck Astons can try to fight for a bit better title then a 'best of the rest'.

Uh-oh.. just on my eyes Pescarolo 908 moved to a virtual third with a 3:28,7, while Premat on R15 showed 2:27,7 and immediately moved Pescarolo to 4th.

A bit upsetting is to see both Kolles cars somewhere near nowhere with 3:35,2 and 3:44,1...
    Last edited by faksta; 06-11-2009 at 11:14 AM.

no good driver plus a difficult car......pretty much proving that the diesel is not the only reason why there was a discrepency between Audi/Peugeot and the rest....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

The two Peugeot drivers fighting over the same tarmac in qualy....easy, boys.

At the moment the "Lola" Aston is faster than Aston Lola......
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information