Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Seat Ibiza (Mk IV) 2008-

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I like all of it except the gimmicky front. I think that styling has been taken about as far as it can go; this is nearly a parody, and when something gets parodied you know it is dead as a fashion.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Ah, stupid of me for not reading the press release fully.
    Do people think twincharging is the way of the future?
    I have read that superchargers are inefficient in terms of heat and engine power used compared with turboes.

Also, a variation of the original question, in turboed (but not supercharged) hatches which don't have expensive VTG, how is the lag?
    The Delta S4 rallying in the Group B had the supercharger+turbocharger 20 years before of the VAG group, so it's not really the way of the future but something that can help creating more efficient (and complex) engines.

I didn't read much complain about the turbocharged 2.0 liters from VAG or Renault, and even the smaller 1.4 T-Jet in the 180 bhp step from Fiat is still manageable when it comes to lag.
    I must admit I like a reasonable lag, it makes things more interesting, and add a bit of character to the engine. At least, I like it in my dad's Alfa 156 JTD (105 bhp).

I'm not aware of technical issues related to superchargers rather than turbochargers if not those explained above, regarding the lower efficiency of a supercharger at low rpm, despite the turbocharger always needing a certain level of pressure in the exhaust to work properly.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

i like it

That "black mouth" styling was how the original Bocanegra concept (which ended up being the new Ibiza) was designed, amirite?

The design really comes alive with that black plastic front piece, you can tell it was conceived the way it was in the concept car. Shame they couldn´t convince the higher-ups.

So, is
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Also, a variation of the original question, in turboed (but not supercharged) hatches which don't have expensive VTG, how is the lag?
    Bad.

And it isn't interesting. On the other hand you can use the lever between the seats.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Bad.

And it isn't interesting. On the other hand you can use the lever between the seats.
    A Megane R26 isn't that bad, lag or not.
    And I prefer Fiats' JTD before they went VTG

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    A Megane R26 isn't that bad, lag or not.
    And I prefer Fiats' JTD before they went VTG
    The Bimmer does have a VGT, doesn't it?

Even so there's a quite a lot of lag. Below 1500rpm there's nothing and it's not until 2000rpm that you begin to gain some speed.
    Visca Catalunya!

The Bimmer does have a VGT, doesn't it?

Even so there's a quite a lot of lag. Below 1500rpm there's nothing and it's not until 2000rpm that you begin to gain some speed.
    I was thinking about petrol engines. Remember that diesel engines have a lag also due to the fuel (it takes a longer time tor each the detonation conditions than petrol reaching the burning conditions), the cycle and the heavier parts.

Basically the 1.9 of the Croma has a similar behavior, but it fits the car. On the other hand I prefer the less powerful unit of the Stilo, more linear in the answers and even "honest", while the VGT always seems to be going to deliver tons of trust or nothing more than a whistle.
    On the 156 it was even better: the even larger lag resulted in eighties-styled kick when the turbo was engaging. I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Basically the 1.9 of the Croma has a similar behavior, but it fits the car. On the other hand I prefer the less powerful unit of the Stilo, more linear in the answers and even "honest", while the VGT always seems to be going to deliver tons of trust or nothing more than a whistle.
    On the 156 it was even better: the even larger lag resulted in eighties-styled kick when the turbo was engaging. I liked it.
    You should buy a Saab 99 Turbo...

On the other hand the 335i was excellent.
    Visca Catalunya!

You should buy a Saab 99 Turbo...

On the other hand the 335i was excellent.
    I should buy a 037

The 335i it's a twin turbo and a petrol car, so definitely a better situation

Speaking as someone who has just put an order in for a new Seat Ibiza, and who now takes more of an interest in all things Seat, I really like it. Apparently in the UK the 'Bocanegra' will not be a distinct model, just an optional styling pack for the FR and Cupra models when they eventually arrive here. Sadly my car won't look anywhere near as jazzy as this, but nevermind!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    Speaking as someone who has just put an order in for a new Seat Ibiza, and who now takes more of an interest in all things Seat, I really like it. Apparently in the UK the 'Bocanegra' will not be a distinct model, just an optional styling pack for the FR and Cupra models when they eventually arrive here. Sadly my car won't look anywhere near as jazzy as this, but nevermind!
    As everywhere else, this is just a styling pack.

I like the new Ibiza quite a lot. And glad to see you take interest in somethin Catalan(ish).
    Visca Catalunya!

As everywhere else, this is just a styling pack.

I like the new Ibiza quite a lot. And glad to see you take interest in somethin Catalan(ish).
    I wasn't really remotely interested in ordering any kind of Seat. I don't think I'd seen a single new Ibiza on the road at that point. I was all but ready to sign on the dotted line for a new Fiesta Econetic, and I only wandered into the Seat dealership because it was across the road and thought it couldn't hurt to have a quick look. I was really pleasantly surprised by the new Ibiza; styling looks decent in the flesh, interior isn't too bad and pretty well specced, and it seemed a fair bit bigger and more grown-up than the Fiesta (particularly in regards to trunk space).

I then discovered they have their own new 'Ecomotion' model which gets the exact same economy and emissions figures, has cheaper insurance, a bigger boot and (most importantly) cost about £1500 LESS than the Ford! I'm sure the Fiesta drives a little bit better, and is probably a slightly better all round package, but the Seat looks a real bargain in comparison. So I have a nice red 5-door Ibiza Ecomotion due to leave the factory in Spain early next week to be shipped over to Blighty. I'm quite excited, I've never had a proper new car before!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

I personally don't like the Ibiza styling, but it's still a huge improvement. If JB says the interiors are ok (never liked the plastics), I guess is a go.

And apparently the Ecomotion doesn't drive bad at all, compared to other green versions.

Congratulations on your new car, JB.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information