Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nextel Allstar Race

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    Id watch F1 over NASCAR anyday. Its Just too bad that its not as popular on American televison (atleast not im my area) as it is in other parts of the world.

As for nascar being a "real" race all I have to say is any redneck can make a left hand turn on a banked track. I suppost this is where Nascar gets its name: non althletic sport centered around rednecks
    Agreed

By his definition of what a good raceing division is that it has to be dangerous so in my books the Rallying beats the socks off it.

F1 trounces NASCAR racing in popularity and in technological advancments, therefore what does NASCAR racing give you except for a stupid amount of circuits per race boring the socks of viewers in the stands, and wow a crash then they get re organised and again round and round they go now that is YAWN.
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Man I'm in need of medical attention after intense laughing, how many non-rednecks would care for Nascrap?

Oh wait Toyota cares.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Toyata just use and abuse them to get money out of them

Quote Originally Posted by matek
    Toyata just use and abuse them to get money out of them
    They got frustrated with pouring millions of dollars in F1 without any wins (it's more than money boys)

Nascar easier to win then

Prevling, stop making fellow NASCAR fans look like idiots.
    Last edited by Rockefella; 05-21-2006 at 04:23 PM.

OMFG ur opinyin is diffarint 2 myn u suk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OLOLOLOL

Sorry, had to say it. I don't enjoy banked circle racing much either, it seems the epitamy of uninteresting circuit racing. I'm sure there are subtleties in it that I'm missing and there needs to be some skill involved with piloting a car around on that balance between moving forwards and slipping sideways, but I'd much rather watch something with more differences between the machines and corners that go both ways. But hey, each to their own.

I watch it all. NASCAR, F1, ALMS, GrandAM, IRL, CART, WRC, World Touring Cars (or whatever Speed calls it) etc... The only racing I don't watch is the lower end stuff, ARCA and such. I also love IHRA and NHRA. I watch Off Shore Power boats too, and if there was air racing on TV, I'd be on that too. I think that racing is racing and that there will always be people on their sides of the fence throwing shit at each other, no matter what. I won't take sides because in the end it's about what YOU enjoy. I just happen to like it all.

I shall now resume my seat on the fence, and "smirk at all y'all, while you await my downfall..."
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Quote Originally Posted by pimento
    OMFG ur opinyin is diffarint 2 myn u suk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OLOLOLOL

Sorry, had to say it. I don't enjoy banked circle racing much either, it seems the epitamy of uninteresting circuit racing. I'm sure there are subtleties in it that I'm missing and there needs to be some skill involved with piloting a car around on that balance between moving forwards and slipping sideways, but I'd much rather watch something with more differences between the machines and corners that go both ways. But hey, each to their own.
    That's what I viewed it as years ago, but I actually took the time to watch a Daytona 500 race (The first race I ever watched, ironically, the race that Dale Earnhardt Sr. died in) and gained a liking for the sport, and a liking for Jeff Gordon. When you follow a driver throughout the season, it is quite interesting.

But, to relate with you guys, once my drivers are knocked out or struggling in the back, I'll turn off the television and go outside.

^^^ just dont jump from disapointment

Its the same with most sports you have to give them a go
    for example Cricket, Golf, etc

lets not bitch about which one is better, they are completely different series and a better comparision would be BTCC and Nascar or champ car and F1
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

NASCAR is actually closer to V8 Supercars and the DTM than it is to the BTCC. NASCAR shouldn't be compared to any open-wheeler racing (ie: F1, IRL, etc).
    Even comparing NASCAR with V8 Supercars or the DTM is difficult. The only similarity between NASCAR and the V8 Supercars is that they both run V8 engines with Overhead Valves (OHV). However, V8 Supercars are allowed to run electronic fuel injection and sosphicated engine management systems - the NASCARs rely on carburettors. V8 Supercars use chassis based on the road car rather than the control tube frame chassis of NASCAR. Also, a V8 Supercar can actually handle and turn left and right.
    DTM on the other hand also uses V8 engines - but they're of the DOHC 32 valve high tech variety. The main similarity between the DTM and NASCAR is that they both use a control chassis with the silhouette of the road car wrapped around it.
    So, NASCAR is unique. The two closest series that it can be compared to have their own unique interpretations of how to go racing.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    They got frustrated with pouring millions of dollars in F1 without any wins (it's more than money boys)
    Point taking, Toyota is pulling out of F1 because they can't win in F1 and F1 in going to hell in a hand bag. So they go to the racing series that makes money and nobody knows who is going to win.

And at least NASCAR does NOT have ABS or traction control. Thats my definition of real racing.And I like for what it is. And I HATE anyone who likes racing just for the crashes. I don't care what type it is.
    Fords suck, Chevys rule, but its Ferrari that makes me drool

Quote Originally Posted by PrevlingPushrod
    Point taking, Toyota is pulling out of F1 because they can't win in F1 and F1 in going to hell in a hand bag. So they go to the racing series that makes money and nobody knows who is going to win.

And at least NASCAR does NOT have ABS or traction control. Thats my definition of real racing.And I like for what it is. And I HATE anyone who likes racing just for the crashes. I don't care what type it is.
    Toyota isn't pulling out of F1.
    You try driving an F1 car without traction control; it's impossible

Thread Information