Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2007-2008 Silly Season

Quote Originally Posted by orne View Post
    It seems increasingly unlikely that Fisichella will stay at Renault. I see some very interesting pairings shaping up, Lewis vs Heikki and Alonso vs Piquet, those should be interesting(if they get confirmed).

At Williams, I'm predicting a Rosberg domination, I don't think Nakajima was the best choice but we never know.

PS: If Alonso gets a beating by Piquet then his career could be in problem
    Piquet is really pushing to get that race seat...

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    You won't be laughed at, I was asking myself the same question. It's his nephew.
    oh good... well its in his blood... wait and see i guess

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    They are out of 2008 season, cause they couldn't make a deal with McLaren concerning providing them with chassis.
    More about drivers of what I've read:
    Firstly, Renault offers Alonso a seat for 2 years with $90 million salary. And his partner will be Nelson Piquet Jr. Thus, Fisichella is done ( ).

EDIT: Alonso should leave Renault next year having another young teammate
    Thats a shame for Prodrive... what about all the rules and regs with that? isnt there stuff saying you cant pull out when you are this far in?

also, Piquet and Senna... next season looks good... on paper

Quote Originally Posted by orne View Post
    It seems increasingly unlikely that Fisichella will stay at Renault. I see some very interesting pairings shaping up, Lewis vs Heikki and Alonso vs Piquet, those should be interesting(if they get confirmed).

At Williams, I'm predicting a Rosberg domination, I don't think Nakajima was the best choice but we never know.

PS: If Alonso gets a beating by Piquet then his career could be in problem
    these inner team races will be good to watch... I also would like to see Nelson come out and beat Alonso, it would be good for Piquet's career
    "No sir you may not eat my hat"

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

Quote Originally Posted by magracer View Post
    Bruno may be good, but he hasn't had the results his uncle had when he was his age. Ayrton basically anihilated the competition in any series he competed, except in karting, where he never was world champion.
    Hey, it's just a direct quote from Ayrton himself. If you have a problem with it, it would be kind of hard to talk it over with the deceased.
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

Quote Originally Posted by KFA-R View Post
    also Anthony Davidson in F1... its about time!
    Uhmm... Davidson's already been SAG's race driver for the whole 2007 season

Quote Originally Posted by KFA-R View Post
    Thats a shame for Prodrive... what about all the rules and regs with that? isnt there stuff saying you cant pull out when you are this far in?
    It's not them pulling out. Richards has been determined to participate in the 2008 season. The problem is that their plan from the very beginning was to be a client team, without developing their own chassis or engine, and recently there have been doubts about the legality of such a solution. Therefore they've been stopped from entering the next season.
    Recently Richards was trying to make a deal with FIA, allowing him to enter mid-season, the first half of the year spent on developing his own chassis. But afaik he failed.

As for me, I'd like to see Sutil in McLaren. I think he's a really good driver, unfortunately oversahdowed by poor performance of his car. If Adrian went to McLaren, Kovalainen would drive in Renault, alongside Alonso, which I think would make a great duo. Also, from what I've heard, Ralf is working hard to convince Mallya and Mol to sign him as a driver for Force India for 2008. Seeing that Mallya's Kingfisher was a major sponsor for Toyota the last few years, Mallya is allegedly quite fond of acquiring a famous name, such as Schumacher, for his team.
    Last edited by go.pawel; 11-08-2007 at 10:50 AM.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In View Post
    Hey, it's just a direct quote from Ayrton himself. If you have a problem with it, it would be kind of hard to talk it over with the deceased.
    Bruno Senna was 10 years old when his uncle died. I think Ayrton Senna's comments can not be considered as being too serious. It's the kind of thing an uncle would say about his 10 year old nephew. His recent racing results are a much clearer indication of his skills than Ayrton's compliments.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

By the way, it would be very pity if Davidson will stay in Super Aguri, as he did well past season in that s*itty car, and I wish a better career for him than to keep driving SA.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    By the way, it would be very pity if Davidson will stay in Super Aguri, as he did well past season in that s*itty car, and I wish a better career for him than to keep driving SA.
    I don't consider his season to be that good, he clearly beat Sato in qualifying but was outperformed in the races.
    Live for Speed - Online Racing Simulator
    http://www.liveforspeed.net

F1 2007-2008 Silly Season

Well, I just saw that Michael was back testing in F1 and I thought that it might be a good idea to create an all encompassing thread to keep track of the F1 silly season as opposed to creating a bunch of little threads. Hopefully, all of the little stories this way won't fall through the cracks.

Here are the results from today:

1. M. Schumacher Ferrari
    2 L. Badoer Ferrari
    3 P. de la Rosa McLaren
    4 H. Kovalainen Renault
    5 R. Kubica BMW
    6 G. Paffett McLaren
    7 K. Nakajima Williams
    8 D. Coulthard Red Bull
    9 J. Trulli Toyota
    10 N. Heidfeld BMW
    11 N. Rosberg Williams
    12 F. Montagny Toyota
    13 S. Vettel Scuderia Toro Rosso
    14 A. Zuber Honda Bridgestone
    15 S. Bourdais Scuderia Toro Rosso
    16 A. Davidson Super Aguri
    17 J. Rossiter Super Aguri
    18 K. Chandhok Red Bull
    19 G. van der Garde Force India F1
    20 Roldan Rodriguez Force India F1

Here are some pictures form today:

1. Sebastien Bourdais
    2. Super Aguri in interim livery
    3. Force India
    4. Force India logo closeup - note the clever incorporation of the Indian flag
    5. Honda in clean white paint
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wonder if he was running light, or that he really is this good. If the reports are correct, this was his first outing in the 2007 car with the 2007 Bridgestone tires.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Bruno Senna was 10 years old when his uncle died. I think Ayrton Senna's comments can not be considered as being too serious. It's the kind of thing an uncle would say about his 10 year old nephew. His recent racing results are a much clearer indication of his skills than Ayrton's compliments.
    Don't most professional race car drivers start at a very young age? I mean didn't Ron Dennis notice the talent in Lewis Hamilton at a very young age?
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    I wonder if he was running light, or that he really is this good. If the reports are correct, this was his first outing in the 2007 car with the 2007 Bridgestone tires.
    Pretty impressive nonetheless. I'm really wondering what's gonna happen with him now, I was rather sure he wouldn't come back but now... I really don't know.

On a side note, I'd like to suggest renaming the thread to something less silly: 2007-2008 Formula 1 Season for example...
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    On a side note, I'd like to suggest renaming the thread to something less silly: 2007-2008 Formula 1 Season for example...
    hmmm, as you didn't use emoticons I guess you weren't trying to be sarcastical and really don't know what silly season means. Silly season refers to that period of time in which rumors start about drivers being contacted and or contracted by teams to secure thier services for next season. It's usually around august, but Alonso's situation within McLaren was so late in the season, that we are experiencing a sort of ¨el niño¨ effect in F1. So, this thread is about the silly season, not the 2008 season, nor 2007 season.

If you were just being sarcastical, I just made an a$$ out of myself, but what the hell...
    Zag when they Zig

Quote Originally Posted by magracer View Post
    hmmm, as you didn't use emoticons I guess you weren't trying to be sarcastical and really don't know what silly season means. Silly season refers to that period of time in which rumors start about drivers being contacted and or contracted by teams to secure thier services for next season. It's usually around august, but Alonso's situation within McLaren was so late in the season, that we are experiencing a sort of ¨el niño¨ effect in F1. So, this thread is about the silly season, not the 2008 season, nor 2007 season.

If you were just being sarcastical, I just made an a$$ out of myself, but what the hell...
    No, I wasn't sarcastic, I really didn't know what the 'Silly Season' was. Thanks for clearing things up!
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

New names emerged on the list of drivers who'll test for Force India. After Klien, Liuzzi, Sutil, Rodriguez and van der Gaarde in Barcelona this week, the Jerez tests in December are to be performed by Montagny, Fisichella, Valles and Ralf Schumacher.
    Last edited by go.pawel; 11-15-2007 at 06:50 AM.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

interesting with Ralf Going to Force India... he'll try anywhere for a seat won't he? Fisi as well...
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information