Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2007-2008 Silly Season

Ralf expressed his interest in filling in the McLaren seat left by Alonso He said he was confident that he can win races for McLaren, it's only a matter of contacting him.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Quote Originally Posted by go.pawel View Post
    Ralf expressed his interest in filling in the McLaren seat left by Alonso He said he was confident that he can win races for McLaren, it's only a matter of contacting him.
    ahahaha I just fell out of my chair laughing

He is just trying to say that a monkey can win races in a McLaren.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

...its a shame that a monkey probably drives consistantly better than Ralfie does on any given day...
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    He is just trying to say that a monkey can win races in a McLaren.
    is Dennis going to drive next year????
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    is Dennis going to drive next year????
    That wasn't even remotely funny.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Just heard that Alonso signed a contract with Honda to fill in Barrichello's place.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Just heard that Alonso signed a contract with Honda to fill in Barrichello's place.
    There was a bit of tabloid speculation (ie a completely made-up story) in Germany on Thursday that Alonso had been at Honda for talks and to have a seat fitting etc.

Honda swiftly came out to deny the rumours...

Quote Originally Posted by Planet-F1
    Fernando Alonso has not been to visit Honda's factory for a seat-fitting or any other reason, according to the Brackley-based team.

Reports emerged in the German press on Thursday claiming that Alonso was seen visiting Honda's factory earlier this week.

The Bild even reported that the Spaniard had a seat-fitting with the team, while Rubens Barrichello would be heading to Super Aguri later this week for a seat-fitting with Honda's junior team.

However, Honda have been quick to deny the reports, saying there's no room at the team for Alonso as they already have Barrichello and Jenson Button on their payroll for next season.

"Fernando has not visited our factory, and Honda Racing confirmed their drivers for the 2008 season back in July," a team spokesperson told Autosport.

Alonso is still without a race-seat for next season although it is thought the Spaniard will eventually agree terms to return to Renault.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

I'd strongly think Renault, Red Bull and even Toyota were higher on Alonso's list than Honda for next year.
    I am the Stig

so where is alonso going. he is causing too much confusion. renault made an offer for 3 years, and it seems that he dosent want to commit for the entire period. whats wrong with him ?
    maybe he ought to retire

on the other hand he could be lurred to toyota, if they give him enough money, and eventually his motivation will be entirley drained.

Well theres strong rumours Alonso is tied to Ferrari for 2009 for some reason. Ferrari themselves moved quickly to remove speculation by re-signing Massa until 2010, although Raikkonen could go for 2009. Theres also thought that there'll be more seats available in 2009 than there has been this year, namely BMW or even Red Bull, Honda and Toyota who could be in a much stronger position than they are for 2008.
    I am the Stig

Toyota F1 has to be THE biggest tax dodge in history, how else can they blow soooo much money for such paltry results? Have they even got a podium yet? What is it now, 6 years since entering F1???
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27 View Post
    Have they even got a podium yet? What is it now, 6 years since entering F1???
    Yes, it's been six years now. And yes, they got a podium - 6 podiums to be precise (and 2 pole positions). Which doesn't change the fact that it's a lousy result for a team with supposedly the biggest budget in F1 and backed by the biggest car producer in the world.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Quote Originally Posted by go.pawel View Post
    Yes, it's been six years now. And yes, they got a podium - 6 podiums to be precise (and 2 pole positions). Which doesn't change the fact that it's a lousy result for a team with supposedly the biggest budget in F1 and backed by the biggest car producer in the world.
    Actually, it is quite comforting to know that money is not the ultimate solution.

(Ted Joans)

Toyota have massively underperformed, but they did make a good effort in 2005 and should have finished 3rd in the WCC. IIRC, that year they scored all but one of their podiums with the other being Australia '06. '05 they started the year very strong and maintained being at the head of the midfield through the year, and were in a good position to win at Spa.

They threw that all away by switching to Bridgestones in 2006 when the car was designed for Michelins.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information