Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > General forums > Multimedia > Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out

Old 02-14-2006, 08:41 AM
Fanatic

I am just surprised at the top speed is still below 200mph......0.31 CofD is not that draggy....

Nice car though, the 997 line is being rounded up nicely...
Old 02-14-2006, 09:48 AM
Rookie

can someone please post the original (or biggest possible) please (with sugar on top )
Old 02-14-2006, 10:12 AM
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Kansas City
Send a message via MSN to nopassn Send a message via Yahoo to nopassn
I/we've only got the original 6 pics that were posted in higher-res. The rest are wallpapers from some Porsche site. I have edited McLaren's first two posts and swapped out the pics with higher-res (3000x2xxx)
Old 02-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Legendary

Euroland
Send a message via MSN to McLareN
Quote:
Originally Posted by nopassn
I/we've only got the original 6 pics that were posted in higher-res. The rest are wallpapers from some Porsche site. I have edited McLaren's first two posts and swapped out the pics with higher-res (3000x2xxx)
K, thanks!
Old 02-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Rookie

nice one nopassn cheers
Old 02-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Deerfield Beach, Florida
Send a message via MSN to Niko_Fx
Brand new and already a legend Once again nicely done Porsche, can't wait for the 997 GT2.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:58 PM

IDN
Send a message via MSN to tmnt_ppn Send a message via Yahoo to tmnt_ppn
nice, but kinda strange. i dont like the foglamp, rear spoiler, and rims. maybe the designers run out of ideas, how to make it looks different with the ordinary 911?
Old 02-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for posting this! Just for the record, with the official release guess which site I found that had the most? That's right folks, you guessed it! UCP!

Icecold!
Old 02-15-2006, 03:31 PM
Enthusiast

Birmingham, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmail_ppn
....i dont like the foglamp, rear spoiler, and rims. maybe the designers run out of ideas, how to make it looks different with the ordinary 911?

I personally think they all complement each other quite well! Love the split side intake and the rims especially! Looking at it brings out the little kid in me, when you used to ogle over a car for days on end....(wait....i still do that!!!)
Old 02-15-2006, 09:22 PM
Enthusiast

Montreal, Canada
Send a message via MSN to ZeTurbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakg
no! ive found 2 featres i dont like! it's ass maybe good, but the front fog lights hardly "flow" and the air vents infront of the rear wheels have been split in half, although i can probably ps that out...
You fool, those are not fog lights they are the turn signals. and they are vey neat.

WOW, i must say i am surprised in a good way. The "spy" pics leaked last week didint inspire me too much, but this car is increadible.

A more then worthy successor to the legend.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Enthusiast

Israel
Send a message via MSN to Gt1Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by nopassn
First of all - lemme wish everyone a happy VD

now to address you question - it's a movie, a funny-ass movie... you should check it out.
i've seen it some 4 (i think) months ago
and to be honest it wasnt that good

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610
Old 02-18-2006, 03:21 AM
Enthusiast

Birmingham, England
^^ It is!

L for Love!!!
Old 02-18-2006, 04:08 AM

IDN
Send a message via MSN to tmnt_ppn Send a message via Yahoo to tmnt_ppn
why the logo on the rims are monochrome? it could use some coloring...
Old 02-18-2006, 04:28 AM
Enthusiast

Birmingham, England
Really? I think it looks classy on the wheels not coloured in, doesnt draw the eye in.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:34 AM
Enthusiast

Israel
Send a message via MSN to Gt1Street
some more info about the VTG (Variable Turbine Geometry)
and another Hi-Res pic

The 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo, which makes its public debut today at the Geneva Motor Show, combines the latest evolution of variable-geometry turbochargers and automatic transmissions to produce stunning standing-start acceleration figures. Equipped with the newly updated and optional 5-speed Tiptronic S automatic transmission, the all-wheel-drive 911 Turbo will accelerate from a standing start to 60 mph in only 3.4 seconds. This is 0.3 seconds quicker than a 911 Turbo equipped with the standard 6-speed manual transmission. The impressive performance is due to close integration of the variable turbine geometry (VTG) system, the updated Tiptronic S transmission, and the new electronically controlled all-wheel-drive system.

Porsche’s variable turbine geometry (VTG) setup on the 2007 911 Turbo was developed in close cooperation with Borg Warner Turbo Systems, and is based on technology which has been widely and successfully applied to diesel engines since the early 1990s. It is nearly identical in concept to other turbo manufacturers’ variable nozzle/geometry compressors, including a system that was briefly used on a series gasoline production engine in the late 1980s. This application encountered difficulties due to high operating temperatures---a problem not easily solved with contemporary materials---and production was stopped after a limited run.

After nearly two decades, aerospace-grade materials have allowed the progression of variable-geometry turbo technology to the point that it can now reliably operate in the higher-temperature environment of turbocharged gasoline engines. Porsche's version of variable turbine geometry in the 2007 911 Turbo incorporates these latest material applications, plus a sophisticated control algorithm. The combination produces the advantages of both small and large turbochargers, generating a much wider plateau of torque and providing quicker response compared to the previous generation 911 Turbo, while providing the reliability of fixed-vane turbochargers.

Improvements to the Tiptronic S transmission in the latest 911 Turbo contribute to the performance gains by allowing an earlier ramp-up of boost pressure when ‘brake-torquing’ the transmission, and new tuning lets more torque accumulate while the brake pedal is held. Other improvements reduce the time required for the transmission to react to driver inputs, and produce quicker shifts.

If launched appropriately, a 911 Turbo equipped with Tiptronic S is essentially “pre-tensioned” at the starting line, and during acceleration runs, power-interruptions are reduced in comparison to the 6-speed manual transmission. Aiding acceleration, when paired with Tiptronic S, the all-wheel-drive system with PTM can deliver a nearly uninterrupted flow of torque to all four wheels.

The optimized interaction between the new all-wheel-drive system, Porsche Traction Management (PTM), Tiptronic S five-speed automatic transmission, and Tiptronic-specific calibration of the engine management controls and associated variable turbine geometry (VTG) system, allows the new 911 Turbo with Tiptronic S to accelerate slightly quicker than models equipped with the manual 6-speed transmission.

In terms of providing performance to our customers, the Tiptronic S transmission has made the prodigious abilities of the 911 Turbo more accessible to a wider range of customers. In its evolution, the Tiptronic S now provides certain areas of strength in relation to the 6-speed manual, particularly in standing start acceleration numbers, an area of quantified performance that grows more challenging as peak horsepower levels continue to escalate.

Pic 1 - Vane Open
Pic 2 - Vane Closed
Pic 3 - Hi-Res
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vane open.jpg (71.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg vane closed.jpg (70.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg P06_0421.jpg (959.5 KB, 44 views)

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610