Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > General forums > Multimedia > Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out

Old 02-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

UK
Send a message via MSN to Vaigra
Chrysler 300C Touring Concept

Chrysler 300C Touring Concept

A Distinctive Combination of Design, Power and Versatility

• Noble and expressive American design with elegant interior appointments, drawing from Chrysler 300C Sedan design cues
• A new alternative for the Chrysler brand in important European E segment wagon class
• New shape and versatile interior provide comfort and convenience for driver and passengers
• New HEMI® V-8 engine offers legendary horsepower, torque and competitive fuel consumption in its class

Chrysler Group today provided further evidence of its rapid-fire new product offensive in Europe and other international markets with the reveal of the new Chrysler 300C Touring Concept at the 60th International Motor Show (IAA) in Frankfurt.

The new Chrysler 300C Touring concept is the wagon version of the Chrysler 300C sedan concept, which was revealed earlier this year at the New York International Auto Show. The Touring concept expands the Chrysler 300C model range and shares most of the design, powertrain, chassis, equipment, interior appointments and technical specifications of the sedan concept.

Adding all-wheel drive, a high level of versatility, and roomy comfort for driver and passengers – matched with the ride and handling of a European sports sedan – the new Touring will enable the Chrysler brand to compete in the European E segment, where approximately 40 per cent of sales are wagon derivatives.

A production version of the Chrysler 300C Touring concept will be available outside of North America late next year.

The Chrysler 300C Family: A New Direction for the Chrysler Brand

Earlier this year, Chrysler Group unveiled a fresh interpretation of the classic American automobile and signalled a new direction for the Chrysler brand with the worldwide debut of the Chrysler 300C sedan concept at the 2003 New York International Auto Show.

With an entirely new shape based on the company’s all-new rear-drive architecture, the striking concept sedan – and now the wagon – continue the Chrysler brand’s proud “letter series” tradition, but in a thoroughly modern way.
It has been nearly 50 years since Chrysler first introduced its legendary “letter series” cars. The brand’s renowned line of Chrysler 300s started with the C-300 in 1955 and continued for 11 years. Few American automakers have since matched their reputation for blending performance, prestige and sheer presence.
The Chrysler 300C Touring concept features classic proportions: a long hood, short overhangs and a dramatic profile. Paying tribute to some of the first “letter series” cars, production versions similar to the Chrysler 300C sedan and wagon concepts will go on sale later in 2004, further solidifying the Chrysler brand’s premium position in the market.

“The Chrysler 300C concept family signals a new design direction for the Chrysler brand,” said Thomas Hausch, Executive Director of International Sales and Marketing – Chrysler Group. “With dramatic new shapes and noble proportions, the Chrysler 300C sedan and wagon are set to delight E segment customers in Europe, while strengthening the brand’s presence in the premium segment of the market.”

“With the introduction of Chrysler Crossfire, the Chrysler 300C family and the Chrysler PT Cruiser Cabrio, the Chrysler brand will have its most competitive line-up ever in international markets,” continued Hausch.

Return of Rear-Wheel Drive and the Legendary HEMI® Engine

Transferring power to the road is Chrysler Group’s new rear-drive architecture. Rear-wheel drive offers improved handling with front wheels dedicated to steering while rear wheels power the vehicle, eliminating torque steer. With advances in tyre technology and electronic stability control, the Chrysler brand brings back the rear-wheel drive passenger sedan and wagon with improved safety and driveability.

These two Chrysler 300C concepts also mark the return of the HEMI engine to the Chrysler brand after more than 30 years. The legendary engine design that powered Chrysler’s “letter series” cars in the 1950s has been re-engineered and reborn as a modern, high-performance and durable powerplant known as the all-new 5.7-litre HEMI V-8. The HEMI fitted to the 300C vehicles is very fuel competitive in its class and produces more power and torque than any Chrysler brand passenger car engine since the 426 HEMI of the ’60s and ’70s.

“Combining confident performance with stunning design, the Chrysler 300C concepts define the next generation of Chrysler brand vehicles,” said Hausch. “With rear-wheel drive and HEMI Inside, the Chrysler 300C family delivers power and performance in an elegant package.”

The following are preliminary specifications and features in the 2003 Chrysler 300C concept family:

Performance

• 5.7-litre HEMI V-8 engine
• Electronically controlled five-speed automatic transmission with AutoStick®
• Rear-wheel drive configuration
• Short- and long-arm front suspension
• Independent five-link, multi-link rear suspension
• Rack and pinion steering
• All-wheel drive (Touring version only)

Premium Amenities

• Faux tortoise shell accents on steering wheel rim, shifter knob and door pulls
• Heated leather seats
• Leather-wrapped steering wheel with flush-mounted audio and trip computer controls
• Tilt-telescoping steering wheel
• Automatic temperature control
• Navigation radio with integrated six-disc CD changer

Safety

• Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
• Traction control
• Anti-lock brake system
• Vehicle architecture supporting all-wheel drive system
• High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps

Outside North America, primary markets for the 300C family will be Western Europe (including United Kingdom), Central and Eastern Europe, Japan, Australia, Middle East and South Africa.

Chrysler 300C Sedan and Touring Concepts Preliminary Specifications

Basic Dimensions – Sedan and Touring

Wheelbase: 3048 mm
Track, front: 1600 mm
Track, rear: 1603 mm
Overall length: 4999 mm
Overall width: 1881 mm
Overall height: 1483 mm

Drivetrain

5.7-litre HEMI® V-8
Electronically controlled five-speed automatic with AutoStick®
Rear-wheel drive layout
All-wheel drive (Touring version only)

Suspension

Front: short- and long-arm
Rear: independent five-bar multi-link
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 029.jpg (307.4 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 028.jpg (374.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 027.jpg (130.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 026.jpg (273.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 025.jpg (314.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 024.jpg (484.3 KB, 27 views)

Being nice since 2007.

Last edited by Vaigra; 02-19-2006 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

UK
Chrysler 300C Touring Concept #2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 023.jpg (234.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 022.jpg (208.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 021.jpg (136.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 020.jpg (129.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 019.jpg (145.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 018.jpg (117.2 KB, 13 views)

Being nice since 2007.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

UK
Chrysler 300C Touring Concept #3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 017.jpg (123.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 016.jpg (128.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 015.jpg (143.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 014.jpg (105.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 013.jpg (113.3 KB, 15 views)

Being nice since 2007.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Supporting Member

Rozenburg, Holland
I already had the idea that this was not brand new (IAA2005)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chrysler300Cwagon-1s.jpg (883.8 KB, 20 views)
Old 02-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Enthusiast

Wow those pics are old! Like August, 2004 old...
Old 02-19-2006, 02:55 PM
Enthusiast

New York City
the show overhaulin did one
03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
10 BMW 335d
12 Audi Q5 2.0t
10 VW Jetta TDI
11 Ducati Monster 796
Old 02-19-2006, 03:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to suzq044 Send a message via MSN to suzq044
no, they just swapped the front clip off a magnum.. this one is built as a 300C wagon.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:29 PM

hamilton, ontario, canada
Send a message via AIM to mclaren_crazy Send a message via MSN to mclaren_crazy
that is COMPLEATLY useless as it looks identical to the magnum, just with a different grill

"Live Fast, Die Young, and Leave a Good Looking Corpse" -James Dean, weeks before dying in a car crash at the age of 24
Old 02-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Enthusiast

Loughborough, GB
I dont get it. How is that worth the development costs? I know sweet FA about american cars and even I can see that that's a Magnum from the A pillar backwards...
Old 02-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren_crazy
that is COMPLEATLY useless as it looks identical to the magnum, just with a different grill
thats exactly what i was thinking
i mean if your going to go into a touring model go in full hearted and give some pimp 300C style to it

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
Jimi H...
Old 02-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Size Queen

Wichita, Kansas USA
Send a message via ICQ to Matt Send a message via AIM to Matt Send a message via MSN to Matt Send a message via Yahoo to Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtecMini
I dont get it. How is that worth the development costs? I know sweet FA about american cars and even I can see that that's a Magnum from the A pillar backwards...
In the rest of the world, the Dodge name is just now being introduced. Since they couldn't use the Dodge Magnum in the rest of the world, they created this 300C Touring as an alternative model for Europe.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

St Marys Western Sydney
Send a message via MSN to fpv_gtho
I think we're getting this instead of the Magnum as well. Quite frankly i think that rear end's too much...

I wouldnt be surprised if theres little to no development costs involved as the 300C and Magnum are the same underneath, same with the Charger
Old 02-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Size Queen

Wichita, Kansas USA
Send a message via ICQ to Matt Send a message via AIM to Matt Send a message via MSN to Matt Send a message via Yahoo to Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
I think we're getting this instead of the Magnum as well. Quite frankly i think that rear end's too much...

I wouldnt be surprised if theres little to no development costs involved as the 300C and Magnum are the same underneath, same with the Charger
Well, the Charger isn't exactly the same. It's a modified chassis. The Magnum and 300 are identical underpinnings with different bodies.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:33 PM
Enthusiast

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
Send a message via MSN to NuclearCrap
Meet the Chrysler Magnum.

They're just trying to make a living.

Crysis. Maximum Game.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:31 PM
Size Queen

Wichita, Kansas USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
Meet the Chrysler Magnum.

They're just trying to make a living.
Way to come into a thread and post the exact same thing everyone else posted. Good contribution.