Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Putin about the US

Putin about the US

The guy does have balls, it has to be said...

Quote Originally Posted by BBC News

Putin attacks 'very dangerous' US

Russian President Vladimir Putin has attacked the United States for what he said was its "almost uncontained" use of force around the world. America's "very dangerous" approach to global relations was fuelling a nuclear arms race, he told a security summit.
    Correspondents say the strident speech may signal a more assertive Russia.
    US defence secretary Robert Gates, also attending the summit in Munich, said only that the Russian leader had been "very candid".
    Mr Putin told senior security officials from around the world that nations were "witnessing an almost uncontained hyper use of force in international relations".

"One state, the United States, has overstepped its national borders in every way," he said, speaking through a translator.
    "This is very dangerous. Nobody feels secure anymore because nobody can hide behind international law.
    "This is nourishing an arms race with the desire of countries to get nuclear weapons."
    BBC defence and security correspondent Rob Watson, in Munich, said Mr Putin's speech was a strident performance which may well be remembered as a turning point in international relations.

While the new US defence secretary had little to say about the speech, US Senator Joseph Lieberman described it as "provocative."
    Its rhetoric "sounded more like the Cold War", the senator said.
    And Republican Senator John McCain added: "Moscow must understand that it cannot enjoy a genuine partnership with the West so long as its actions at home and abroad conflict fundamentally with the core values of the Euro-Atlantic democracies. In today's multi-polar world there is no place for needless confrontation."
    Mr Putin's spokesman Dimitry Peskov said the speech was "not about confrontation, it's an invitation to think".
    "Until we get rid of unilateralism in international affairs, until we exclude the possibility of imposing one country's views on others, we will not have stability," he said.

'Power not weapons'
    The conference, founded in 1962, has become an annual opportunity for world leaders to discuss the most pressing issues of the day.
    Earlier, German chancellor Angela Merkel told delegates the international community was determined to stop Iran getting nuclear weapons.
    There was "no way around" the need for Tehran to accept demands from the UN nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), she said.
    "What we are talking about here is a very, very sensitive technology, and for that reason we need a high degree of transparency, which Iran has failed to provide, and if Iran does not do so then the alternative for Iran is to slip further into isolation," she said.
    Iranian nuclear negotiator Ali Larijani, also at the conference, has been repeating Iran's position that it wants nuclear power, not nuclear weapons.
    "We believe the Iranian nuclear dossier is resolvable by negotiation," Mr Larijani was quoted by Reuters news agency as saying on the sidelines of the conference.
    European diplomats are hoping to hold informal talks with Mr Larijani at the two-day summit.
    It would be their first meeting since the collapse of talks last year and the imposition of limited UN sanctions on Tehran for its failure to stop the enrichment of uranium.
    On Friday, the IAEA said it had frozen about half of technical aid projects involving Iran.
    It said the move was to comply with UN sanctions imposed on Tehran late last year over its refusal to halt uranium enrichment.
    An IAEA report said 22 technical aid projects involving Iran had been suspended to comply with the UN sanctions, which call for an end to programmes that could be exploited by Iran to develop nuclear weapons.
    The IAEA gives technical aid to dozens of countries on the peaceful use of nuclear energy in fields such as medicine, agriculture and power generation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6349287.stm

Made me chuckle, thought you'd enjoy it. Dont start whining as if I am so bloody anti-american or whatever, If they improve their policy, i'd be in favor of them...

Thanks.
    Last edited by drakkie; 02-10-2007 at 11:42 AM.

I have to agree with his theory on the Nucleaur Arms race..
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

McCain's comments made me laugh out loud !!!
    I'm guessing the word hypocrisy isn't in his dictionary
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Figures... Drakkie.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Man, this is bursting with irony.

The Russians are complaining about the America's use of force, yet they tortured and killed huge quantities of people in the Stalin-era.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Republican Senator John McCain
    "Moscow must understand that it cannot enjoy a genuine partnership with the West so long as its actions at home and abroad conflict fundamentally with the core values of the Euro-Atlantic democracies. In today's multi-polar world there is no place for needless confrontation.
    How can someone that stupid manage to find their way out of bed in the morning, let alone into the Senate?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitry Peskov
    said the speech was "not about confrontation, it's an invitation to think".
    "Until we get rid of unilateralism in international affairs, until we exclude the possibility of imposing one country's views on others, we will not have stability."
    At least Russian politicians have a degree of intelligence to go with their corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering

The Russians are complaining about the America's use of force, yet they tortured and killed huge quantities of people in the Stalin-era.
    What's that got to do with it ?
    The US enslaved the Africans killed huge quantities in the civil war and let's not go far enough back to strt talking about native Americans.
    You do know that the old Russia you talk about - actually USSR - doesnt' exist any more
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    The US enslaved the Africans killed huge quantities in the civil war and let's not go far enough back to strt talking about native Americans.
    Slavery and prejudice FTW.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering

I think we should start a body count...

What Putin said is quite right, a country that doens't obey any of the international agreaments can only bring fear to others, ence an arms race, even worst, smaler countrys, less "stable"ones having the desire and possibility of having nuclear wepons.

I wont go any further on the risk of behing called anti-american.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

those of us rational americans will actually agree with the statement. however this was not the proper forum for Putin to bring them out. Putin has never really been one for international cooperation, and not really that great of a statesman, and as such he has driven quite a spike between the ties our states have fostered with Gorbachev and Reagan, and Yeltsin and H. W. Bush and Clinton. Granted GWB has not reciprocated either, but the two of them together have led to the arms race around the world. bush by making everyone want weapons, and russia by selling them the parts to make em.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

and let's not go far enough back to strt talking about native Americans.
    If you ever met a Native American you'd see why it happened.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

I used to respect McCain but after that and after hearing he still supports the status quo and asking for at least two more years to give Bush's "Plan" to work I cannot in good concience or common sense do so anymore. What a dumbarse. Conservatives have always been for the status quo no matter how stupid it was. I can't believe people still back them! I just don't get why!

What do you mean baddabang? Remember you'll be talking to someone who is 1/4 Cherokee!
    If you are content to follow the trends of society, you will forever be a slave to it.
    If you forge your own path and start your own trends, society will follow you.

let's not go far enough back to strt talking about native Americans.
    On a similar line to baddabang's...ever been to new mexico?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    On a similar line to baddabang's...ever been to new mexico?
    Wait, injuns were walking slow... with whisky bottles, blocking your way.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

How many journalists have been murdered in the United States recently?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information