Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife is brave, and getting well!!!

Doug, nothing I haven't said already, apart from Happy New Year

I really hope everything works out fine. She appears to be very strong, so do you, and you have the strongest bond of all- love. 32 years doesn't come out of nowhere, you deserve to keep her for love alone.

My continued appreciation!

Thankfully I am absolved of my dreadful promise, if I switched anything off now, I'd face a charge of murder. I've questioned her about it and apparently when she looked through the doorway to the "other side", she changed her mind and didn't want to go through. She's glad I broke my promise and wants to get well again!

Sobering thought for those who have a "living will", stating that they must not be kept alive on machines or resuscitated. Had she had such a will and had I handed it over to the doctors, that would have been game over and contrary to her last-moment wish. I'm shelving any plans to make such a will, I'd rather stay in control to the end, just in case.

The numbers on the charts are gaining ground on all fronts and I'm more optimistic than ever. It's sooooo much less painful now that I'm able to talk to her. The lip-reading thing wasn't working but we're making some progress with an alphabet chart the nurses found. Her brother and I spent an age trying to decifer messages from her shaky pointings and her frustration with her inability to control her hands and stay focussed and our psychic talents, was apparent. Suddenly, she got an eerie grimace on her face and started shaking, her mouth open but no sound coming out because of the Trachy. I was alarmed and about to call the Sister when her brother, who was doing the writing, twigged the message. Although jumbled and poorly spelled, it was clearly "All men are a***holes", and she was laughing at us! It almost made me cry but was a classic tension breaking moment.

The doctor is not yet ready to fuel my optimism but I guess they have to be conservative when making predictions, in case they don't come true. I'm convinced he'll see it my way soon.

A dark cloud on the horizon is that I have to go back to work next Monday. I'd love to tell them to shove their job and spend all my time looking after Terry for the rest of our days, but I guess that luxury is not for us working class citizens.
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_Dread
    My continued appreciation!

Thankfully I am absolved of my dreadful promise, if I switched anything off now, I'd face a charge of murder. I've questioned her about it and apparently when she looked through the doorway to the "other side", she changed her mind and didn't want to go through. She's glad I broke my promise and wants to get well again!

Sobering thought for those who have a "living will", stating that they must not be kept alive on machines or resuscitated. Had she had such a will and had I handed it over to the doctors, that would have been game over and contrary to her last-moment wish. I'm shelving any plans to make such a will, I'd rather stay in control to the end, just in case.

The numbers on the charts are gaining ground on all fronts and I'm more optimistic than ever. It's sooooo much less painful now that I'm able to talk to her. The lip-reading thing wasn't working but we're making some progress with an alphabet chart the nurses found. Her brother and I spent an age trying to decifer messages from her shaky pointings and her frustration with her inability to control her hands and stay focussed and our psychic talents, was apparent. Suddenly, she got an eerie grimace on her face and started shaking, her mouth open but no sound coming out because of the Trachy. I was alarmed and about to call the Sister when her brother, who was doing the writing, twigged the message. Although jumbled and poorly spelled, it was clearly "All men are a***holes", and she was laughing at us! It almost made me cry but was a classic tension breaking moment.

The doctor is not yet ready to fuel my optimism but I guess they have to be conservative when making predictions, in case they don't come true. I'm convinced he'll see it my way soon.

A dark cloud on the horizon is that I have to go back to work next Monday. I'd love to tell them to shove their job and spend all my time looking after Terry for the rest of our days, but I guess that luxury is not for us working class citizens.
    Glad to see humours making an appearance, always good!

We're all still here for you Doug
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Amen Doug!!!!!

I am ecstatic for you and Terry, may God Bless all of you richly this new year. Keep on trucking man, it's all going to work out!!!!
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

I wish u the best of luck and your wife a speedy and quick recovery
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

We're all glad to hear that things are looking up. Keep the updates coming!

Good humour is a great sign! It made me laugh too. I'm very optimistic and my fingers are still crossed for you and Terry.
    Going back to work may be hard, but being occupied may be a little helpfull for you. After all, there will still be some time for your visits and she's always under careful eyes.
    Hope 2007 brings Terry's recovery and lots of happy moments for both of you.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

It's official, the doc has declared Terry as having "recovered from multi-organ failure and is out of danger"!!

Gosh, even typing is a little too much for me right now...... gonna have a little cry now and maybe try give more info tomorrow.
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Excellent, congratulations!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Good to hear. I take it she's not ready to leave the hospital though, right?
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

That is very good news.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Dude! That's Awesome News!
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Congratulations Doug
    I'm really happy for you

That is without a doubt the best news I've heard in week... perhaps even months!

A special happy new year to you Doug and all the best for now. I hope your wife will feel better in a short period so that she can come home.

I stop for now... I feel some tears coming up...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

I can't tell you how happy I am for you and your family!!!!!!!!!!!!! See, I told you miracles could happen.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Thread Information