Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale 2011-

Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale 2011-

Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale

The new Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale will be the fastest, lightest and most powerful car in the Maserati range when it goes on sale in the first quarter of 2011.

Inspired by the Trofeo GranTurismo MC and the race-winning GT4 motorsport models, the two-seater Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale that will debut at the Paris Auto Show will feature razor-sharp handling and will break the 300km/h barrier.

The GranTurismo MC Stradale responds to demands for a GranTurismo which can balance on-road driving needs with race-driving desires, incorporating the handling and aerodynamic lessons from Maserati’s three racing programs.

The GranTurismo MC Stradale produces more aerodynamic down force without producing more aerodynamic drag, it produces more power – 336kw, 450 hp – without using more fuel and it is more agile without sacrificing the GranTurismo S’s highly praised ride quality.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg a.jpg (889.4 KB, 79 views)
    • File Type: jpg b.jpg (979.7 KB, 56 views)
    • File Type: jpg c.jpg (464.7 KB, 49 views)

Interesting . . . Tell me more!
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

I can already imagine what it sound like.

And I want it, regardless of everything else.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The car is designed to be a big GT. Sports version is fine I'm not sure if it works as a supercar like that...
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

They beat it with an ugly stick, really, really hard.

I guess it's cool for Maserati to have a traskish car, but wouldn't they be better off doing what they now do - making GTs and sport-like premium 4 doors?

This is kinda biting outta Ferrari's market.

Maserati originally was a race car maker. Then came the GTs with the race derived V8s and then the biturbos.

I guess it's a slow journey indeed to restore the brand to where it should belong.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I guess it's a slow journey indeed to restore the brand to where it should belong.
    I guess you´re right. And I think it´s a journey that is worth to be taken and I´m glad that Ferrari/Fiat are willing to do it and give the brand the needed time. Just remeber what Maserati was 15 or 20 years ago...

I really like this car and for sure it´ll have an incredible sound!

Maserati originally was a race car maker. Then came the GTs with the race derived V8s and then the biturbos.

Lets not mention the biturbos...lol

I think this car really shows that Maserati are getting back to their roots. This is the kind of car Maserati and Ferrari used to buld back in the 50s and 60s: cars with just few enough creature comforts be competitive track cars and just enough creature comforts to spend the day cruising through the Alps or the French Riviera. I imagine this car would be like that: raw and agressive on the track but comfortable enough to spend a few hours driving on real roads while retaining an engaged track-esque driving feel. I doubt it would work as an everyday driver but you'd have a Quattroporte for that anyway.

It's hard not to compare Maserati to Ferrari--their racing pedigry, their superb GTs, and in recent years their overlapping ownership. Ferrari is hands down my favorite marque but I've always felt that Maserati has had the potential to be even cooler. This largely by virtue of the fact they're not Ferrari; they're more the underdog. And at their A-game, I'd say that they're arguably better than Ferrari (that being, I would also say that they haven't been anywhere near to their A-game in almost 50 years). If I could take over any car company, right now, it would be Maserati.

I will have to think about this and get back to you - I gotta jet.

erm, the first GTs were 6 cylinder engines, A6 to start with and then the 3500 GT as the first real mass (sort of) production.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    erm, the first GTs were 6 cylinder engines, A6 to start with and then the 3500 GT as the first real mass (sort of) production.
    I wasn't reviewing Maserati's long and illustrious history in full detail.

My point is, Maserati belongs at the top, even if the are some dark eras in the past.
    Visca Catalunya!

I like this one quite a bit. Sure it's lost some of the standard model's elegance, but what it loses in stylistic subtlety, I'm sure it will further lose in terms of a loud and fairly orgasmic exhaust note.
    As the chillun' say these days; Do Want.

I'm sort of hopeless when it comes to Masers.

i prefer the original, but this is still a nice car.
    i like to think maserati has finally found it's niche with cars like this and the quatrroporte
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I always feel like they are holding back on these special models , or are being held back.

Cool car but not quite where it could be.

2c

I wasn't reviewing Maserati's long and illustrious history in full detail.
    sure, but even a very brief overview should be flawless
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information