Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Penske: All these classes are a pain

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks

Roger Penske wants to butcher ALMS because in the 1970s he won some races?

I don't think I follow your logic.
    He didn't just win, he crushed all competitors. Plus he's calling for identical chassis and power, but yet in the 70's he was running an 850hp setup.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

ALMS is not popular. More people watch celebrity poker than ALMS racing.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    ALMS is not popular. More people watch celebrity poker than ALMS racing.
    Werd. ALMS sucks imo.

/puts on fire-resistant suit.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

It doesn't suck. It just doesn't appeal to Uh-meri-kenz.

Probably because 2 of the classes are completely pointless and redundant. Either run with the big dogs, or go home.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quiggs has it nailed though. What I meant by popular was incorrectly stated, I meant amoungst race fans (outside NASCAR) it is popular. But yeah, that Celebrity Poker is HI-LARIOUS!

I don't like to dumb down the idea of Class racing but- 2 prototype classes? Maybe if it were LMP1(900 or whatever with 675-LMP2 and LMGTP) and the GT classes, there is a clear difference between the GT2 and GT1 maybe they need to expand GT2 to include hyper uber supertourers...?
    the grand -am model of 2 class sytem is goofy- the idea is to have traffic and a multiclass battle over lots of time and hours....and distance Remeber when the Vipers took sebring? or the 24 hours of daytona, or the vettes doing it?
    that was racing the strongest survived not the biggest dog...

Quote Originally Posted by speednine View Post
    Don't take what he says out of context. What i got from that is the Gt1,2,3,4, 6,10 and LMp1,2,5,7 classes need to be molded into two whole groups respectively, because to be honest i don't understand the difference between Gt1 and Gt2. NOt only that but for first time viewer's it will be easy for them to understand aswell. Hopefully if they get the classifications simplified we can see a lot different cars competing, and i think i speak for everyone when i say i am tired of seeing a porsche carrera cup race for the GT classes. It get's repetetive and boring after a while.
    How was the 2006 ALMS battle in GT2 a Porsche parade?

New rules for 2010

The GT1 category will be reserved for models with engines above 5.5L. The manufacturers or tuners will be able to choose between homologation at 650bhp/1300kg or 600bhp/1250kg.
    The GT2 category will be reserved for cars with engines under 5.0L. The manufacturers or tuners will be able to choose between homologation at 500bhp/1250kg or 450bhp/1200kg.
    For cars with engines between 5.0L and 5.5L, the manufacturers or tuners will be able to choose homologation in either GT1 or GT2.

http://fiagt.com/newsitem.php?key=1436
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

I think I see where Roger is coming from
    The target audience for ALMS is used to simple, single class racing.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information